5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Token Issue

Token Issue

We have a local lan group that plays together. When tokens are moved, the token image stays, but a green square(friendly) moves. The green square shows the character information, and if you mouse wheel the green square, the token spins. Some players see both together while others, see a token in one spot and a green square in another. We have clear player cache, and made sure everyone is up to date. When the token is out of synch, we see increased cpu usage.

Never had this issue before, as this is an on going campaign. Would appreciate any ideas of how might be fixed.

Hi rofaf welcome to FG.

Primary culprit would be an extension. Test in a new campaign without any extensions to see if the issue persists. If it does then I'd go into your rulesets folder (click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to find your FGData folder and you'll find the rulesets folder there). IN that folder delete the CoreRPG.pak file and the .pak file for whatever rulest you are using (so if 5e the 5e.pak file) and then update Fantasy Grounds.

If that all doesn't cure the issue report back.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've seen this on occasion; I've "fixed" it by re-dropping the tokens onto the map from the CT.

Thanks for the input, not yet successful. Loaded a test campaign and loaded the map and it worked fine. Reloaded campaign and it failed, same map. I have determined after trial and error, that the issue goes away when the grid overlay is removed. I've used this map before, and have run numerous sessions without this problem. I didn't do Zacchaeus' suggestion yet of clearing and reloading as it did work on the test campaign. We have done as Andraax suggested without success. So I'm open to any suggestions or ideas. I would note that on some players screen they seen the correct move, and on others the split between the green background and the character token. Same occurs where the player moves their token and the DM gets the split, sometimes not(some will see a normal move, others the split will occur). CPU usage rises and stays risen while the token and background are separated on the person's screen. We tried a map or two, and saw similar problems. Now they are larger maps, but have worked in the past. All machines were checked for CPU usage and memory to make sure no one was having issues there, all within normal. My personal laptop that is for the DM is very beefy and is more than capable of running FG. Thanks for your help so far and in advance!
    Last edited by rofaf; August 24th, 2019 at 19:30.

What extensions are you running?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I've noticed something similar, perhaps it is related.

When the DM group selects PC tokens on the map and moves everyone selected to a new location, generally almost all tokens are at the new location, but the green link to the CT remains at the original location. The tokens are still linked to the CT but the visual representation of that doesn't move.

If you just ignore the discrepancy, over time the green link "catches up" to the new token location. This doesn't happen all at once, there is no pattern to which tokens have their green link catch up, nor how long that takes, nor if it does at all. There is also no "all or nothing" - I can move 8 PCs and 3 might have the green link move to the new location while 5 won't... every time it seems to be different.

The only extension I'm running in these instances would be the "/rolld" one.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Looking in the extension folder there are a few extensions. A total of five: four are themes (defaults from various pathfinder books), and one labeled fate-BlankSils.ext, I assume from maybe one of the adventure path modules. I run a pathfinder campaign, and am running a stock program. I haven't downloaded or install any user created content.

As JohnD described it is very random, and sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I don't know about waiting, how long that would take for the system to catch up, but in my experience if it does catch up it in any reasonable time frame. I do know the green spot does have the character data, and if you want to move, you move the green square. The token if disassociated with the green square can not be clicked on, but does turn if mouse wheel is used to change facing. sometimes after moving the green square the token will catch up, but that not always true for everyone. Very strange.

I also have some issues with my tokens. I've loaded One Click Druid and the druid in my campaign is having a problem with her token. The green square around her token is sized for a large creature (i.e. taking up 4 squares, not 1 for a medium sized creature). I've tried to resize the token and lock it, but every time I reload the token, it still has the 4 square green border. Issue 2 has to do with moving my players tokens. When my players try to move their tokens, a white line shows up and lists the distance to the square they are moving to. The only way to move the tokens is for me as the DM to move them or to right click the end point and click on the Move Token option. I would like my players to be able to move their own tokens with my help. I recently loaded a bunch of extensions and modules, including the Critical Extensions pack and the DM Tools pack. Please help me out!

Quote Originally Posted by marcocorry View Post
    I also have some issues with my tokens. I've loaded One Click Druid and the druid in my campaign is having a problem with her token. The green square around her token is sized for a large creature (i.e. taking up 4 squares, not 1 for a medium sized creature). I've tried to resize the token and lock it, but every time I reload the token, it still has the 4 square green border. Issue 2 has to do with moving my players tokens. When my players try to move their tokens, a white line shows up and lists the distance to the square they are moving to. The only way to move the tokens is for me as the DM to move them or to right click the end point and click on the Move Token option. I would like my players to be able to move their own tokens with my help. I recently loaded a bunch of extensions and modules, including the Critical Extensions pack and the DM Tools pack. Please help me out!

If you are using extensions then it will be one of those that is causing the issue. Either remove each extension one by one until it solves the problem or test in a new campaign and enable the extensions one by one until you find the problem and then you'll know which extension is at fault. Then report the issue in the extension thread. It's also possible that you are using two extensions which do similar things and so both are overwriting the same code and so you are getting conflicts. Make sure also that you have the most up to date versions of the extensions because sometimes authors will sort out conflicts. But basically you'll need to find out which extension is the issue and contact the author of that extension for help.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information