DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Star finder Drones Pls help

Ok, i'm trying to create the three different drones that the mechanic gets, but I can't seem to do it. I keep getting errors:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2695: attempt to index local 'sSourceClassKeyAbility' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (classkeymod) in windowclass (charsheet_class)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (classkeymod) in windowclass (charsheet_class)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (classkeymod) in windowclass (charsheet_class)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (classkeymod) in windowclass (charsheet_class)

I've created custom classes and races, but I can't seem to figure drones out. Do I need to set them up as PCs (which is what i'm doing) or as npcs? Thanks a lot in advance......

Drones can be created with the PC sheet (and it does work with the CRB content).

The CRB has "drone" set up as a race and the three variants as classes.

Did you add a key ability for the classes?

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Drones can be created with the PC sheet (and it does work with the CRB content).

The CRB has "drone" set up as a race and the three variants as classes.

Did you add a key ability for the classes?
    Do you mean where you modify the ability scores, when you hit the magnifying glass? If that’s not the location, I don’t know where to do that.

If you create a new class (e.g. "Drone (Hover)"), there should be a "Key Ability" field. The error seems to indicate that this field is not parsing correctly.

The problem is indeed with the Key Ability field in the class. However, the Drone classes that come with the official SF Core Rule module module product this error too. The code in the ruleset looks for "your" or "you"in the Key Ability sentence and then uses next word (if "your" matched) or the 4th word after (if "you" matched). That's pretty specific to the wording in the core rules itself, and for the Drone classes it looks like the Ability Increases have been set in the Key Ability field - and there's no code in the ruleset to cater for that or operate with that field blank. So, I'm guessing this is a work-in-progress at this point.

To make it work, you'll need a Key Ability match - set the Key Ability field of the Drone class to "Your Strength" (or a different ability if you wish) and this will allow the class to be applied without error but you'll have a key ability set...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The problem is indeed with the Key Ability field in the class. However, the Drone classes that come with the official SF Core Rule module module product this error too. The code in the ruleset looks for "your" or "you"in the Key Ability sentence and then uses next word (if "your" matched) or the 4th word after (if "you" matched). That's pretty specific to the wording in the core rules itself, and for the Drone classes it looks like the Ability Increases have been set in the Key Ability field - and there's no code in the ruleset to cater for that or operate with that field blank. So, I'm guessing this is a work-in-progress at this point.

To make it work, you'll need a Key Ability match - set the Key Ability field of the Drone class to "Your Strength" (or a different ability if you wish) and this will allow the class to be applied without error but you'll have a key ability set...
    Thanks guys I’ll try it when i get on today. If i recall the field was blank.
    Last edited by ivioin; August 23rd, 2019 at 15:34. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ivioin View Post
    Thanks guys I’ll try it when i get on today. If i recall the field was blank.
    I will look at the code.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information