Starfinder Playlist

Possible Video Issue

Greetings FG Users,

I'm having serious issues with the program on a new install, especially with video it seems. Large portions of the screen are blacking out depending on where the cursor is. On top of that, it doesn't seem that anything happens when I click start (at least not that I can see; there may be something in the background that I can't).

It looks something like this:

FGerr1.PNG

Or this:

FGerr2.PNG

Once it does start, it seems that only one element is displayed at a time and only after mousing over it. If you mouse over another element, it will display, but you lose the previous one.

FGerr3.PNG

I've updated my video drivers, and uninstalled and re-installed FG. Looking for other suggestions at this point. I've emailed this to support, but would welcome any assistance.

Thanks,
    -Grey

Blog Entries
    Welcome

Mac or Windows?
    A couple of things to check in the settings of FG, do you have "Cross Platform..." selected? Toggle that.

These types of issues are often due to Direct X. FG uses an old version (9?) and some of hte newer versions of DirectX and advanced graphic card settings can cause problems like this. Try lowering your graphic cards settings, disable advanced setting etc. Also try installing DX9.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It is Windows 10. I'll try these things and report. Thanks!

So the suggestion on the Cross Platform compatibility mode seemed to work. I would not have intuitively checked that. Crossing my fingers that it continues to work.

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greytook View Post
    So the suggestion on the Cross Platform compatibility mode seemed to work. I would not have intuitively checked that. Crossing my fingers that it continues to work.

Thanks for the help!
    Glad you got things working. You may still want to play with graphic card settings and turning off Cross Compatibility. CC uses a lot more CPU resources, as it forces the CPU to continuously redraw the graphics. Not sure what those settings might be though

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information