FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Thread: Alpha testing

Alpha testing

Hi,

First thank you for this alpha version!

I have starting playing with it since 2 days and encountered some issues but nearly all of them have been reported already in other posts and added to issues list.

Additional issues I encountered so far on my environment are those small ones:

• Multiple dices launch (whatever dice type) are always reported as 1 dice launch in chat window, even if finally all dices are taking into account for calculation. For example Launching 1d6 is reported as “d6”, and launching 2d6 3d6 or more are all reported as “1d6”. I guess this one is already tracked but may be linked with second one.

• When adding weapons (5E ruleset) with multiple damage dice to a PC action page using drag and drop from item card, only 1 dice is recorded to damages property. This can be fixed manually in PC sheet weapon properties. For example adding a Greatsword setup for 1d6 damage instead of 2d6.
      FGU 5e item damage.jpg

• On Item card (still 5E ruleset) when Damage or Properties fields gain focus, from mouse or Tabulation key scroll automatically come back to top of card, and focus being on right field, I can’t see what I write. Each time I go to this field scrolling hide it. Workaround is of course to enlarge card to see all fields at same time and modification become possible. This is what make me think field focus is still the right one.

I also have run into troubles to make map sync works between GM and client session, but I’m unfortunately unable to explain yet what is exactly happening. I will continue to play with it and let you know.
    I hope explanations are clear enough.

I also have a question regarding tokens and modules.

I used to create my additional tokens packs as modules to be able to load them or not having in mind performances would be better if not hundreds of them have to be loaded each time.
    In this new version, I cannot see these token modules as libraries with possibility to choose them. Even unloaded adventures modules’ token are always available as are all assets I guess.
    Is it this way this version will work, and then do we have to consider choosing which module to push to module folder?

Thanks for the reports.

Multiple Dice in Chat Window
    I've added the additional information you provided to our notes on the existing issue.

Weapon Dice on Item Drop
    Added as task FGU-408.

Scrolling and Field Focus
    Added as task FGU-409.

Token Assets
    All graphics files in tokens subfolder of FG data folder (and any tokens in a tokens/ subfolder within a module) will be shown in the Assets window. While this may change slightly as we progress through development, we want the general idea to remain of users being able to access all their graphic content without having to load/unload packages.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for your answers !
    I will continue to track every strange behavior as much as I can and try to not duplicate already existing item.

I face a new issue while working on LOS walls doors and terrains objects creation into a map.

Sometimes objects I just created (a door, a wall section or any other linked points) just disappears. I'm unfortunately not able to define the precise trigger to this issue :-(, but it seems to happen more frequently (or always ?) when I use mouse center button to navigate or mouse wheel to zoom in/out after I finish a section creation.
    It's as if the last recorded points were lost if and when I navigate or zoom through the map before starting creating new ones.

Blog Entries
    Hello Acererak,

Do you have the same issue when you use the arrow keys on your keyboard to pan the window around?

Hi,

I'm not sure yet but to navigate it seems arrows key usage do not (or less?) raise this issue. It's not blocking for me, so I can continue working on this map. If I can figure out later more precisely what's the exact trigger I'll of course give you additional information.

Hi,

I went into a strange behavior during map wall creation, but cannot explain what happened .
    In one part, and only that one of the map token LOS seems to go through the wall. See red cross location on below picture.

Bad LOS.jpg

You can find here modified db module if it can help you. It's sunless citadel ground player map.
    I did not try to delete and create again to save issue reproduction in case it can help you.

If you check the map let me know if it's interresting for you I post final result to "FGU Sharing LOS Definitions for Maps - Crowd Project" thread, I mean if quality is good enough to share?

Regarding improvement ideas if I may, during my tests on maps I missed a nice to have about terrain lines : having a visual easy way to know which way LOS goes through it. I can do that using a token and moving it, but when a line for a window for example is on the map I can't figure out easily if it's in the right way.

Blog Entries
    There is some complex line splitting that goes on behind the scenes when walls overlap, which may be at issue here. I don't know how well walls intersecting doors/terrain has been tested. I will take a look and see if there is anything obvious going wrong. If you delete the door in the room with the error, does it fix the problem?

Terrain and door types are assumed to be closed polygons. They are, in fact, forced to be closed if you create them using the line tool. Are you creating single lines to define a window?

Quote Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
    Hi,

I went into a strange behavior during map wall creation, but cannot explain what happened .
    In one part, and only that one of the map token LOS seems to go through the wall. See red cross location on below picture.

Bad LOS.jpg

You can find here modified db module if it can help you. It's sunless citadel ground player map.
    I did not try to delete and create again to save issue reproduction in case it can help you.

If you check the map let me know if it's interresting for you I post final result to "FGU Sharing LOS Definitions for Maps - Crowd Project" thread, I mean if quality is good enough to share?

Regarding improvement ideas if I may, during my tests on maps I missed a nice to have about terrain lines : having a visual easy way to know which way LOS goes through it. I can do that using a token and moving it, but when a line for a window for example is on the map I can't figure out easily if it's in the right way.
    I had similar issues with overlapping walls, I described that a bit in the LoS stickied thread and had the method as in my attached image:

Door.png

When you already want to avoid that then the trick to avoid the glitch is to align the walls, avoid overlaps. You see there that the four nodes of the rectangle are aligned with four nodes in the wall using the magnetic-snap Then it works, but overlaps may not be an issue later on

It was not linked to the door, it's the same with or without it. But it came from overlapping walls.
    As soon as I removed one of the two overlaped walls on room right wal, all was ok again. With one overlap it was working, with two I had the issue.

Capture1.JPG
    Capture2.JPG

Regarding terrains it's then a misunderstanding on my side on how to use them.Forget my remark. I thought it was possible to use a line and you have LOS on one side and not at the opposite.
    I don't quite understand differences with doors then ?
    Last edited by Acererak; August 24th, 2019 at 12:50.

Thread Information