DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 65 of 114 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    Hi! I tried reading through the 60+ pages, but I couldn't find the answer to this:

If I wanted to help with DotMM, is there a way to do so without messing up the work that others have done? I just downloaded Unity last night so I'm still learning how to work with the xml files, but I don't want to accidentally do a bunch of maps and then upload the file and overwrite something someone else has done? (I realize this is probably a stupid question, but better safe than sorry.) Can someone give me the short version of how to access what's already been done, work on a as-yet-not-done map, and then get that back here?

What I did was send a PM to the user currently working on the module, and see if you can coordinate efforts.

Mini-Dungeon Monthly #1

Mini-Dungeon Monthly #1
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mini-Dungeon Monthly #2

Mini-Dungeon Monthly #2

Quote Originally Posted by jmspencer View Post
    Hi! I tried reading through the 60+ pages, but I couldn't find the answer to this:

If I wanted to help with DotMM, is there a way to do so without messing up the work that others have done? I just downloaded Unity last night so I'm still learning how to work with the xml files, but I don't want to accidentally do a bunch of maps and then upload the file and overwrite something someone else has done? (I realize this is probably a stupid question, but better safe than sorry.) Can someone give me the short version of how to access what's already been done, work on a as-yet-not-done map, and then get that back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    What I did was send a PM to the user currently working on the module, and see if you can coordinate efforts.
    So far the maps which I know to have been done for DotMM are levels 1,2,3,4 and 15. Levels 1,2,3,and 15 are already in the module but I haven't put 4 in yet. I'll do that later this week.

If you post here what level(s) you are working on then we'll all know what's going on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi! I recieved the pm from jmspencer and we agreed to work on the pairs floors and the impair floors on each side.
    Cheers!

AAW Map XMLs Savage Worlds

AAWFGSWB01 B01: Under His Skin
    AAWFGSWA07 A07: Alchemist's Errand
    AAWFGSWA06 A06: Bear Trouble
    AAWFGSWA05 A05: Winterflower
    AAWFGSWA04 A04: Forest for the Trees

Greetings all,

Is there already some ETA for when we get public access to this LOS extraction thingie (professional term)? I'd love to start adding LOS details to my collection of self-made and otherwise collected, unofficial maps.
    From my understanding that makes little sense otherwise because this data is tied to the actual campaign file so exporting it like a module and including it like you would for any other adventure wouldnt work (?).

Thank you
    Val

You can export an image from within Unity along with the occluders if the image is in the campaign that you are exporting from.

The utility is used where you are adding occluder information to images that are already in modules; the occluder information isn't store in the campaign db.xml for those but in a different file which means that the xml has to be extracted from that file and injected into the module with the images.

So if your maps are already in modules and you add the occluders to those maps in Unity you'll need the utility; if you are creating a module by adding the maps to a campaign and adding the occluders then you won't need it.

Otherwise there's no ETA as to when the utility will be available.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I see, thanks for clarification. What I am usually doing is running my "main" campaign, holding all general data like PCs, magic items and some very few maps. Then I create a module seperatly for the next session I want to run, holding story text, maps, encounters etc...which I then import into my main campaign. In that setup I would require the tool then if I got that right
    My idea was to start creating modules (with occluders) like Tileset X, Tileset Y which I then import as needed into the running session.

Thread Information