5E Character Create Playlist
Page 50 of 114 First ... 40484950515260100 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    Here's the LoS for "MD013 The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker (5E)" another single-map mini dungeon.

//Edit 16 Feb... .xml file updated (I don't know if it makes any difference but I closed all the doors and re-uploaded)
    It doesn't; the tool used to create the xml files that goes into the modules automatically closes any open doors and cleans up anything else too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Any update on Dungeon of the Mad Mage? Looks like it is assigned to the boss man himself. If he's too busy, and very understandably so, might it not make sense for it to be made available for others to work on?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    Any update on Dungeon of the Mad Mage? Looks like it is assigned to the boss man himself. If he's too busy, and very understandably so, might it not make sense for it to be made available for others to work on?
    Feel free to have a go. See post #8 for the db file and details of how to use it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Feel free to have a go. See post #8 for the db file and details of how to use it.
    Thanks, but I lack the time and the know-how. But it would be good if you could update post #1 to show that DotMM is available for people to work on.

PFRPG Mummy's Mask AP 1 : The Half Dead City

Here is Pathfinder Mummy's Mask AP 1 : The Half Dead City

- chests have been done as rectangular "Doors" so the GM has the option of opening/closing/locking for looting
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by brochr View Post
    Here is Pathfinder Mummy's Mask AP 1 : The Half Dead City

- chests have been done as rectangular "Doors" so the GM has the option of opening/closing/locking for looting
    Hey brochr, thanks so much for taking part in this project. This is good stuff and I have a couple of suggestions for you.

In the House of Pentheru crypt some of the terrain occluders are not serving any purpose. If you look at the first screen shot below the terrain occluders cover the entire room and so the player token is able to see into the room without obstruction. Since the terrain occluder then goes beyond the wall of the room the occluder isn't actually covering anything up. I'm not certain that a terrain occluder is even needed to be honest but if you feel that it is and that you want to block the interior of the room then your occluder needs to be at the entrance of the room so that from outside a token can't see fully into the room. See screenshot 2 for how to do that. Essentially terrain occluders are used when a token can see into but not out of a piece of terrain. Once the token moves onto a terrain occluder then it can see beyond the obstruction.

In the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye Crypts room 15 I think the pillars should be walls rather than terrain. There is no suggestion in the text that the pillars are not floor to ceiling and so they can't be passed through by a token. It also says in the text that the dais is raised so I think here we would want a terrain occluder so that a token standing below it wouldn't be able to see what's on the platform. See my before and after images for how to do this. There's a similar situation in Room 15 of A Tomb of Akhentepi. The Dais is raised and should have a terrain occluder around it and the pillars on the dais should, I think, be walls.

There's a couple of other places where I think pillars should be wall occluders rather than terrain, such as in Room 10 of A Tomb of Akhentepi.

Incidentally when when using the ellipse tool if you hold down SHIFT whilst dragging you'll get a perfect circle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    In the House of Pentheru crypt some of the terrain occluders are not serving any purpose. If you look at the first screen shot below the terrain occluders cover the entire room and so the player token is able to see into the room without obstruction. Since the terrain occluder then goes beyond the wall of the room the occluder isn't actually covering anything up. I'm not certain that a terrain occluder is even needed to be honest but if you feel that it is and that you want to block the interior of the room then your occluder needs to be at the entrance of the room so that from outside a token can't see fully into the room. See screenshot 2 for how to do that. Essentially terrain occluders are used when a token can see into but not out of a piece of terrain. Once the token moves onto a terrain occluder then it can see beyond the obstruction.

In the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye Crypts room 15 I think the pillars should be walls rather than terrain. There is no suggestion in the text that the pillars are not floor to ceiling and so they can't be passed through by a token. It also says in the text that the dais is raised so I think here we would want a terrain occluder so that a token standing below it wouldn't be able to see what's on the platform. See my before and after images for how to do this. There's a similar situation in Room 15 of A Tomb of Akhentepi. The Dais is raised and should have a terrain occluder around it and the pillars on the dais should, I think, be walls.

There's a couple of other places where I think pillars should be wall occluders rather than terrain, such as in Room 10 of A Tomb of Akhentepi.

Incidentally when when using the ellipse tool if you hold down SHIFT whilst dragging you'll get a perfect circle.
    Thanks Zacchaeus, I'll jump in and tidy those up. The use of Wall v Terrain for the columns was a deliberate choice as we had an instance of a player squeezing behind a column, which can't be done with Walls. However, if the accepted practice is to use Wall, I'll swap those over.

All the best
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by brochr View Post
    Thanks Zacchaeus, I'll jump in and tidy those up. The use of Wall v Terrain for the columns was a deliberate choice as we had an instance of a player squeezing behind a column, which can't be done with Walls. However, if the accepted practice is to use Wall, I'll swap those over.

All the best
    Christopher
    Yes, I think walls for a floor to ceiling pillar. If it were a statue which a token could climb onto or which a token could view then terrain would be the way to go. I hear what you are saying about blocking movement and that could be an issue in some maps where the gap is very narrow. From my testing if there is at least half a grid between two walls the token can pass ok, so maybe draw the pillars slightly narrower. (Then you'll get folk complaining that the pillar should block more - so sometimes you just can't win )

Blog Entries
    I tend to choose terrain for areas a player can get into, but also when I want the interior to be visible instead of just a black space. If the interior of a polygon is visually interesting, I use terrain. This could be for statues, pillars, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    Yeah, the boss man is often a bottle-neck. It should be available for anyone else to take on some of the additional maps. Just be sure to start from where I left off so you don't lose progress on the large-ish maps that are already done.

Thread Information