FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 114 First ... 345671555105 ... Last
    I'm starting on Waterdeep Dragon Heist maps.

Edit: I've also updated the first post with details of who has said they are doing what.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 25th, 2019 at 14:52.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

FYI, I have updated an early LOS mapping post with a format to centralize LOS XML file updates to a central post. I believe that will 1) reduce ambiguity of what is the most up-to-date LOS XML file, 2) make it easier for alpha testers to try out the latest LOS maps for a module, and 3) simplify tracking LOS progress on the available maps for a module. I shall keep posting updates in fresh posts with details on how that LOS mapping went, and any interesting details of the map. However, the XML updates will always land in the central post, e.g.:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post450748

I mention this approach in case others find it desirable and pragmatic (a la pinned posts that update with progress).
    Last edited by Guoccamole; August 25th, 2019 at 16:53.

@Guoccamole: The Undo shortcut key is CTRL+Z. The Redo shortcut key is CTRL+Y.

Regards,
    JPG

Waterdeep Dragon Heist is now done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

so.... I had taken a DLC (wotc) map... added all the LOS setup... did "/save"... went into Files and copy-pasted the appropriate xml file out to a "storage location" (on my drive... I just mean not "in" normal FGU files)… I uploaded it here for the "crowd-sourcing"... a few days later I open FGU and go to check that map and there is 0 LOS there... I tried copy-pasting the xml file I had created before back into FGU... no-go... bug or I'm doing something wrong or ???

What xml file did you copy?

Any edits to module data would be stored under the <FGU Data>/campaigns/<campaign>/moduledb/ folder.

We just received notice from Z that there might be an issue with reloading module data for images, that I will be looking into this week.

You can back up whole campaign directory after each for a short term fix.

Regards,
    JPG

1. I open FGU... look at the map and no LOS, nothing...
    2. I take the xml file I had uploaded (here/above) WOTCTMR1.xml and copy-paste it into \campaigns\testFGU\moduledb\
    3. Check FGU still nothing...
    4. Close FGU... it appears to save an "empty" file/version over top of the one I pasted
    5. now with FGU off, I copy-paste the same file to the same location and start FGU back up again... Check... nothing there (LOS)

I can confirm that there is some issue here. I started a new campaign and loaded up tactical maps. I added occluder to a small section of one map, saved the campaign and then exited Unity. The .xml file contained the information. I then reloaded the campaign and the occluder information was not showing on the map that I had worked on. I then exited Unity and the .xml file was updated wiping out the occluder info. I then replaced the .xml file in the moduledb with xsapebb's file and again the occluder info was not present on that map and again on exiting the .xml file got wiped of all occluder info.

So I deleted the .xml file and loaded the campaign again and once again added some info to a map. I exited and restarted and the occluder info was not on the map. I then added some more lines and saved and noted that the .xml file got updated. I exited Unity and this time the .xml file did not get wiped of the info. I then loaded again and again added some more and again on exit the .xml file did not get wiped of the occluder information. But on each reload the information was not showing on the map.

I reloaded up xsapebb's file and this time I added a spurious LoS line and then saved the campaign. This time the .xml file got updated with only the info I had entered; all previous information was wiped from the file. So something strange is going on. Because I saw this issue with Avernus and that module was in my modules folder I concluded that the problem was because it was in the modules folder rather than a vault file. However it would appear that the issue is not confined to modules in the module folder.

However it isn't a consistent issue since I have checked my own campaigns where I have added information and in both cases the .xml files show all the info and the occluders are showing on the maps that I have worked on. Furthermore on Dragon Heist, for example, the work took place over two days and there were several reloads and all of the information still showed up after each reload. I also checked the map I worked on last night for ToA and again the occulders are all in place.

I have the conjecture that this is not only the problem with LoS. In 3.5e I realized and reported some problem with non-saved grids. I looked at that again and realized that this was with respect to a map in a module which is not in the vault. Just tested that in 5e, too: Grids and tokens are not saved on BattleMap_Cave01 of the module FG battle maps (not in the vault) while such settings are saved on the skullport image in DotMM (I placed a grid and a token on that image and that was saved) (with (non-)saved I mean: It is not or is there after a restart of the campaign) Not sure if that has something to do with the vault etc. (since Zacchaeus mentioned that this behaviour is not consistent) but for some reason some images do not save (specific) things
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 27th, 2019 at 11:41.

Some further information on the above and another serious issue has emerged.

I noticed while testing for the above that none of the map pins were working on the map that I did last night for ToA. On further investigation I discovered that map pins were not working on any of the maps in ToA, even maps that had not even been opened nor worked on.

In order to test this further I started a new campaign and loaded up a TYP module The Sunless Citadel. I opened up a map and added some occluder information and noted that the map pins were all working. I checked the .xml file and the pins were all noted correctly in the moduledb .xml file as well as the occluders. I then exited Unity and checked that the occluder and map pin information were still there. I reloaded and the occluder information was present on the map but the map pins were no longer working. This was the case not just on the map I had worked on but on all maps in the module.

When I then saved the campaign the .xml file got updated wiping out all of the map pin information in the .xml file.
    It went from this
    Code:
    <layer>
                                <name>1.14 13. Empty Room</name>
                                <id>12</id>
                                <type>shortcut</type>
                                <shortcut>
                                    <class>encounter</class>
                                    <record>encounter.enc_1_1413_emptyroom@DD TYP The Sunless Citadel</record>
                                </shortcut>
                                <matrix>1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,1299,-1851,0,1</matrix>
                            </layer>
    To this
    Code:
    <layer>
                                <name>1.14 13. Empty Room</name>
                                <id>12</id>
                                <type>shortcut</type>
                                <shortcut>
                                    <class />
                                    <record />
                                </shortcut>
                                <matrix>1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,1299,-1851,0,1</matrix>
                            </layer>
    I then went back to check and I find that the map pins in Waterdeep are also completely non functional on all maps and the pin information has been wiped from the .xml file.

Thread Information