FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 38 of 114 First ... 2836373839404888 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sdinwiddie View Post
    Was playing around with LOS and ended up doing a module: A0 Danger at Darkshelf Quarry

Comments welcome and appreciated.
    Perfect again; I've updated the module to include the data.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by father0fnine View Post
    Ok, I've done what I believe should be done for Hommlet which is the Inn. My reasons are: I know players will be players but the intent was for Hommlet to sort of become the players base while going through the four T-series adventures. That being the case, ideally, the players do not go about hacking and slashing everybody HERE. (It expected everywhere else.) There might be some role-play in the other mapped buildings but not likely a lot of exploring or any combat. Also, AD&D de-emphasized miniatures in my opinion. A lot of the adventures were written so that maps and miniature use was not as central as previous and later editions, relying on storytelling more. I thought about doing the town map, but the layout is easily picked up in a few hours of strolling about the town. If there was likely to be any combat or exploration or the like, it would likely be in or around the Inn. I would like to know if I am doing this right. It is my first attempt at LOS on any platform and why I am uploading an unfinished module. On that note, would it be better to upload after natural breaks (Moat House, Nulb and Ruins, Dungeons, and Nodes maybe) or to hold off any more unless I need to provide a sample for suggestions, hints, and help?

GRID
    In adding LOS to the inn, I also resized the grids to be 3 boxes per 10' square (original was one grid box per 10' square) and this is a change I would suggest for the official module. AD&D rules were that 3 people could walk abreast and fight side-by-side (if using smallish weapons like short swords and hand-axes) in a 10' area. This was also necessary if the FGU tokens were going to fit into the stairs areas.

WINDOWS
    I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle the Inn's windows. I think this is similar to the portcullis issue I saw in another post. The best choice is if there was a "glass" option. A wall that can be seen through but not passed. Since there isn't, I first tried putting terrain boxes that extended about 3 feet to each side of the window. The idea being that from the street, the player could see about 3 feet into the common room unless they got close (token in the terrain area) to see everything. Unfortunately, that left weird little areas so the Inn front didn't look straight. I decided to use toggle walls. If someone says they're peeking in a window, I can toggle the wall off. On the second story, there is nothing for the players to see on the map if they looked out the window and nobody should be standing outside the windows looking in so I just walled through all the windows. Any looking out can be handled in the RP/story.

STRAIGHT LINES
    The maps look like they were scanned in paper copies with some possible cut-n-paste, shrink-or-grow modifications going on. As such and because of the "hopefully little-to-no combat" goal mentioned above, I decided to just run the walls down the near-center of the black lines. If the resulting image lines were night straight, the LOS wall ended up not quite straight.
    I hear what you are saying but I think that for the sake of consistency the image below represents how we'd want this kind of building to be done. The players need to be aware that there are windows and/or doors on the map. If windows are done as secret doors then they won't know that there is a window there unless the DM specifically points them all out. I know that it is probably not absolutely ideal since a token can move through terrain blockers but this is the only viable solution that we currently have. In almost 100% of cases it probably won't matter anyway since nothing will turn on a token looking through a window. I can only recall one instance in a module where looking through a window would help the characters decide on a course of action.

As you say in this particular Inn there is very unlikely to be a combat situation anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by stewartl42 View Post
    Apparently we had the same ideas. Cos should be complete now.

New Maps
    Death House
    Wachterhaus
    Wizard of Wines Winery

Will not do LOS
    Barovia (Area map, not combat)
    Berez (Area map, not combat)
    Castle Ravenloft 1 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 2 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 3 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 4 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 5 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 6 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 7-10 (Isometric)
    Castle Ravenloft 11 12 (Isometric)
    Krezk (Area map, not combat)
    Tser Pool Encampment (Area map, not combat)
    Vallaki (Area map, not combat)
    Village of Barovia (Area map, not combat)
    Yester Hill (Area map, not combat)
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one but things got in the way.

I don't see any occluder info for the Amber Temple 1 and 2 and Yester Hill; did you do occluders for these?

For the Vistani Camp I think we need terrain blockers at the 10, 20 and 30 foot contours and wall blockers around each of the houses. I'm not sure about the wagons being walls but I think they should be at least terrain blockers. There is every chance of combat here so I think we need to take that into account.

EDIT: Don't worry about it. I updated the maps that were missing occluders and the module has been updated.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 9th, 2020 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    There we go, just a few caverns still missing (these fractured walls are a major pain). Give it a check please!
    Ascalon, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you but everything looks good so far. Let me know when you get done. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by revanmaster View Post
    I just redid and posted it to look like the outer balconies in format, and it seems to work for a manor-style set of stairs, but for some reason on a separate FGU pretending to be a player it was not letting it move up the stairs before.

Also, I had the changes done to the crypt done but was busy with prep for a game so wasn't able to repost the file till now.
    revanmaster; for what ruleset is the Crypt of the Sun Lord for? There seems to be several versions for it for all sorts of different rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bale Nomad View Post
    Here's a file for Well Met in Kith'takharos. I know there's not much in the way of battle maps, but I applied a grid to the 2 in this module, and I added occluders to the player "Old Temple" map. There are no doors on that map, but I did add a terrain occluder for the altar to allow crouched beings/creatures to hide behind it.

Bale Nomad
    Thanks, Bale. I've updated the module for this one.

it was the 5e that I opened, and edited

Quote Originally Posted by revanmaster View Post
    it was the 5e that I opened, and edited
    Ok, jolly good. I'll get that one sorted soon.

EDIT: now done and included in the module.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 6th, 2020 at 19:19.

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    NO MAP CAN DEFEAT ME!

FG Battlemaps is done. I need to tap out and focus on some real life stuff for a while before picking something else up. If any of the 5e modules I own are still incomplete in February I'll have a gander at one.

Edit: How do people insert images in posts? I feel like I'm not getting the most from my meme.
    Excellent stuff, pollux. I've updated the module to include these

Right I think I have caught up now.

All of the completed xml files that have been submitted have now been included in the modules and hopefully those will all be released tomorrow.

If I have missed anyone then my sincere apologies and do let me know that I have (and probably resubmit your db files since I've obviously completely missed them).

Thread Information