FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 31 of 114 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    One thing - remember to draw a wall along the edge of each map so that tokens can't see outside of the map.
    Will do, I'll close off the openings on the existing maps and keep that in mind for the rest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Will do, I'll close off the openings on the existing maps and keep that in mind for the rest.
    The line-of-sight calculations should automatically add boundaries at the image bounds. Let me know if you are having a problem with this.

One thing - remember to draw a wall along the edge of each map so that tokens can't see outside of the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The line-of-sight calculations should automatically add boundaries at the image bounds. Let me know if you are having a problem with this.
    Ok, I will not close off the openings, I had not observed any problems... and truth be told Zacchaeus's feedback confused me a little bit but I also assumed Zacchaeus know's what is wanted from the community LoS submissions and I'm happy to comply with whatever standards you all collectively deem to be desirable.

What makes the most sense to me in terms of user-experience for FGU users drawing LoS for their own personal use is that openings on the map should be drawn as openings, without occluders, and the engine should handle that input properly (and in my own experience it does so already). However, if there are standards for LoS submissions above and beyond that for our map submissions here, I'll make sure my own submissions are in line with those guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by pollux View Post
    Ok, I will not close off the openings, I had not observed any problems... and truth be told Zacchaeus's feedback confused me a little bit but I also assumed Zacchaeus know's what is wanted from the community LoS submissions and I'm happy to comply with whatever standards you all collectively deem to be desirable.

What makes the most sense to me in terms of user-experience for FGU users drawing LoS for their own personal use is that openings on the map should be drawn as openings, without occluders, and the engine should handle that input properly (and in my own experience it does so already). However, if there are standards for LoS submissions above and beyond that for our map submissions here, I'll make sure my own submissions are in line with those guidelines.
    The very first feedback I got from Doug way back in Alpha was to draw a box along the map edge. So I've always done that since. However given what Carl says above I'm assuming that that isn't actually needed (whether that's always been the case or whether it was updated since Alpha I don't know).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Not sure I understand or not, but is this a potential problem with tiles that have open hallways connecting between them or other open space?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Not sure I understand or not, but is this a potential problem with tiles that have open hallways connecting between them or other open space?
    It means that LOS is blocked by the edge of the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    It means that LOS is blocked by the edge of the map.
    I'm not sure if I have my definitions correct (image, map, asset, etc) Would this mean that if I had a tile set that was say 1/4 of a room, that their would be blockers on the open sides of the room that when I put 4 such tiles together (and each was rotated appropriately) that then I would not be able to see across the room because of blockers on the edge of the joined images? Or just that the outside edges of all images automatically get blockers so players don't see outside the combined image borders?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It’s a box surrounding all layers contains image assets, LOS blockers, or paint strokes. It’s a single box for all layers as a whole.

Regards,
    JPG

Crypt of the Sun Lord

Not sure why, but the file for Crypt of the Sun Lord did not work correctly for me. The short cuts were present on the player map, but not the occluders. Both were present when I opened the module cover, and the original cover image was replaced by the player map. I think it had something to do with the absence of a "parent" tag.

Through trial and error, I was able to copy the occluder tags to a fresh xml file and correct the run time problems with the cover image and the player map. I replaced the terrain occluders over the secret passages with secret door occluders on either end of each passage. I also added occluders in the "A9" crypt map.

Bale Nomad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well Met in Kith'takharos

Here's a file for Well Met in Kith'takharos. I know there's not much in the way of battle maps, but I applied a grid to the 2 in this module, and I added occluders to the player "Old Temple" map. There are no doors on that map, but I did add a terrain occluder for the altar to allow crouched beings/creatures to hide behind it.

Bale Nomad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information