5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 114 First ... 311121314152363113 ... Last
    I finished this first version of Sunless Citadel, Fortress and Grove players' maps.

DD TYP The Sunless Citadel.xml

Let me know if any remark, improvement or any fix needed.

Hi,

If you're happy with my previous maps I'm starting Tomb of Horrors ones from Tales of Yawning Portal.

This looks good. I might consider adding a terrain wall separating area 31 and 32 and also the one that bisects area 33. I think the columns in areas 19 and 39 should be walls rather than terrain and possibly add a terrain circle covering the purple area in the middle of Area 41 to represent the shaft. You may also want to block off the tunnel that leads out of area 23 otherwise the players could 'escape' the map and see too much. (I'd just take a line all the way around the edge of the map too).

Edit: I forgot the grove map

Block off the passage leading out of area 43 and again I'd take a line around the edge of the map. I'd debate the use of terrain for the walls in areas 55 and 56 - I'd argue walls. I'd also consider whether the 'bushes' should be terrain. I'd probably go with terrain and let the DM decide whether they were high enough to block LOS and switch them off if they didn't think so (the area description is unclear on just how high the vegetation is). I think the Gulthius tree should be terrain.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 23rd, 2019 at 14:02.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi,

Here is updated version for the two maps : DD TYP The Sunless Citadel.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This looks good. I might consider adding a terrain wall separating area 31 and 32 and also the one that bisects area 33. I think the columns in areas 19 and 39 should be walls rather than terrain and possibly add a terrain circle covering the purple area in the middle of Area 41 to represent the shaft. You may also want to block off the tunnel that leads out of area 23 otherwise the players could 'escape' the map and see too much. (I'd just take a line all the way around the edge of the map too).
    I added terrain walls to areas 31,32,33. I first did not include them because they where specified as 2 feet high. I did not think about halfling or other gnomes . Do you think more than the wall itself we need to materialize small part of the floor behing the 2 feet wall that can't be seen ? Or maybe let Dm's add their own LOS layers if they want. Same for circle in the middle of area 41, walls around the shaft are small ones, not really blocking LOS to me. I added wall to avoid character escape .
    Regarding columns, my choice was more turned on visual aspect and not only LOS. Using terrain allow to see inside column and seemed pretty to me instead of seeing black holes on his map on player side. The same I did for statues for example, block LOS but can see statue itself. Let me know if you still prefer I replace by walls

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Block off the passage leading out of area 43 and again I'd take a line around the edge of the map. I'd debate the use of terrain for the walls in areas 55 and 56 - I'd argue walls. I'd also consider whether the 'bushes' should be terrain. I'd probably go with terrain and let the DM decide whether they were high enough to block LOS and switch them off if they didn't think so (the area description is unclear on just how high the vegetation is). I think the Gulthius tree should be terrain.
    I blocked escape passages on this one. Also I added all bushes as terrain.
    Regarding walls in this particular areas, same remark as for columns, it was more to take oportunity to block LOS but still give players side a more pleasant map representation without unnecessary black lines in the middle of the room as obviously no hidden passage could be there.

Let me know if you really prefer columns and ruins to be walls instead of terrains.

No I don't think you need to do anything more for the areas 31-33. I was going just by the descriptions of the beasties hiding behind them and surprising the PCs. I'd go along with your view on the pillars and walls elsewhere; I, too, use terrain for statues on the basis that characters might climb on them. Another consideration is that walls not only block LOS but block the token from moving beyond them, so your premise that a ruined wall might be climbed on is valid. Not so much floor to ceiling pillars but then it's not game breaking to have those as terrain.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Dangling question: What is the trick to connect FGU Join with FGU Host? I tried local private, cloud public, and cloud private. I tried each of those with the defaults (empty fields). I also tried "localhost", local <ip.4.ad.dr>, and "DM". I refreshed and no host every showed up. And I tried Join'ing (without any host listed) without luck; the result was the same as when I tried to connect to a non-existent local IP4 address. Lobby always says "Connected", but Join list is always empty.

So... does FGU Host/Join work yet (on same computer)? If so, what settings do you use? Cloud|Local?, Public|Private?, 1802?, GM Name empty?, Password empty?, or suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    I updated FGU (though I think it was up-to-date already). Is there a way to see version number?

No joy. I tried

1) Server Type: Local
    Server List: Private

2) Server Type: Cloud
    Server List: Private

without any game showing in ‘Lobby Campaigns’ list for player instance. I am using “GM” as the ‘GM Name’, in case that matters.
    I also tried searching hosted games by “GM”, IPv4 address, and “localhost” without success.

FYI, I am still getting “[ERROR] License check failed” on startup, in case that matters.

Any other tips? TY

Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    Dangling question: What is the trick to connect FGU Join with FGU Host? I tried local private, cloud public, and cloud private. I tried each of those with the defaults (empty fields). I also tried "localhost", local <ip.4.ad.dr>, and "DM". I refreshed and no host every showed up. And I tried Join'ing (without any host listed) without luck; the result was the same as when I tried to connect to a non-existent local IP4 address. Lobby always says "Connected", but Join list is always empty.

So... does FGU Host/Join work yet (on same computer)? If so, what settings do you use? Cloud|Local?, Public|Private?, 1802?, GM Name empty?, Password empty?, or suggestions???
    I use Server Type: Cloud, Server List: Public and then I just join myself clicking on my campaign in the Join Campaign list (no need for IP, localhost etc.)

@Kelrugem: TY for such a lightning and to the point response. I am now using Cloud+Public. And I hit "REFRESH" to get my campaign to show up in the "Lobby Campaigns" window. Unfortunately, still no joy. My campaign does not magically appear, nor with REFRESH.

As an aside (?), when I start FGU, I still get an error about the license. Is that still true for everyone, or is there (perhaps) a problem with my installation? Yes, I'm fishing but...

Thx for your help.

There are some networking tweaks that are being made so there may be some issues hosting/joining games. I believe this was mentioned in the Closed Beta post that was made on the Kickstarter page last week.
    David Middleton
    SmiteWorks USA, LLC

Links:
    Fantasy Grounds: https://www.fantasygrounds.com
    Fantasy Grounds Forums: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/community/
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrounds
    Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Fantasygrounds/posts
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fantasygrounds2
    Fantasy Grounds Wishlist: FG Wish List - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

@Dave: OK, I shall keep an eye out for updates with any network fixes/tweaks.
    @Kelrugem: TY for the magic Host/Join networking incantation that works.

Thread Information