FG Spreadshirt Swag

Fixing default map

So i have a map i was working on, not thinking properly i dropped the existing grid. I know i can manually place a grid again but i cant get it perfect. Is there a way to restore the map to default before i messed with it, get the grid and such back? Even if i close it and re-open it, it brings back my previous one.

It's possible (maybe) but is going to require delving into the FG database XML - where the grid settings for each image are stored. It would require finding one of the backup/session files from previously that has the old grid settings and then manually copying those over to the current FG database XML file.

If you're willing to do that, let me know and I'll give directions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's possible (maybe) but is going to require delving into the FG database XML - where the grid settings for each image are stored. It would require finding one of the backup/session files from previously that has the old grid settings and then manually copying those over to the current FG database XML file.

If you're willing to do that, let me know and I'll give directions.

Well i imagine the worst case is i delete the file and get it restored. So lets see how good your instructions are. =)

So, i just made a new campaign, Loaded the module and zoomed WAY in and took a screen shot, threw the image up on my 2nd monitor then manually replaced it exactly as before. So all is well. Though i would kinda like to know the other way of doing it but not if its any hassle for you.
    Last edited by EnragedLlama; August 19th, 2019 at 23:23.

Pretty much what you're doing is the best way - have an idea the pixel size of your grid, zoom in, set the grid - use the grid fine tune buttons to resize and move around.

This data gets stored in your campaign database - db.xml for images added to your campaign, moduledb\<module name>.xml for grids added to images in a module.

The each image that has a grid will have some XML that defines the grid size and the grid offset (x,y). For example:
    Code:
    	<image type="image">
    		<bitmap>images/Absalom and Starstone Isle - Page Spread.jpg</bitmap>
    		<gridsize>68</gridsize>
    		<gridoffset>19,65</gridoffset>
    		<gridsnap>on</gridsnap>
    	</image>
    To get the old grid back, you'd need to find the file it was stored in - go back to one of the previous session files when the old grid was set, get the gridsize and gridoffset settings and (without FG running), put those into the most recent XML file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information