https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...?124-Alien-RPG

We gots our very own forum!
    We’re in the pike: five-by-five!

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    STOP YOUR GRINNIN AND DROP YOUR LINEN!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...?124-Alien-RPG

We gots our very own forum!
    We’re in the pike: five-by-five!
    Maybe the mods could move this thread into our new home? Please?

Hey Pr6i6e6st! It's been a while.
    I'm having some issues with the ruleset. I don't know why players can not throw in the panic or the critical injuries table from their character sheet. I can do it as DM, but they receive a message saying that the panic or critical injuries table can't be found. Obviously the table is there as I can use it through their character sheets.
    Any idea??
    As always, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    Hey Pr6i6e6st! It's been a while.
    I'm having some issues with the ruleset. I don't know why players can not throw in the panic or the critical injuries table from their character sheet. I can do it as DM, but they receive a message saying that the panic or critical injuries table can't be found. Obviously the table is there as I can use it through their character sheets.
    Any idea??
    As always, thanks
    Are these tables in a module? Maybe the players haven't loaded the module?

I just ordered the physical books for this game. After I finish the read though, I plan on starting a one-shot cinimatic game (as a test for a possible future full campaign). How user friendly is this in FG?Will I have to know a lot of workarounds, or is it a pretty complete ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Are these tables in a module? Maybe the players haven't loaded the module?
    Yes, they are and the players have loaded the module.
    It also happens that even if a character releases stress when they get new stress it is added to the old one (i.e. if a character has 3 stress points, his stress goes down to 0 and then the stress goes up to 1 and has to do a Panic Roll, the ruleset is adding +4 to the roll. Sometimes has added +24).

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    Yes, they are and the players have loaded the module.
    It also happens that even if a character releases stress when they get new stress it is added to the old one (i.e. if a character has 3 stress points, his stress goes down to 0 and then the stress goes up to 1 and has to do a Panic Roll, the ruleset is adding +4 to the roll. Sometimes has added +24).
    I went into my game as a player and can throw panic rolls and critical injuries without error. Make sure that the tables are all capital letters and that they follow the same format expected.

So for example, the panic table is titled PANIC ROLL. Critical injuries are CRITICAL INJURIES and for androids it's CRITICAL INJURIES ON SYNTHETICS.

If you aare suffering from a panic effect and you have to make another panic roll it will always be a higher effect that you get hit with, you can never roll lower than your current panic effect. That one did trip me up one game. Perhaps this is what you're seeing with +24 on stress rolls? This is detailed on page 104 of the core rulebook in the PANIC ROLL box under the MORE PANIC paragraph.

Hope all that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Hope all that makes sense.
    Not realy XD
    I will investigate. Thanks NotRussellCrowe.

Just got the new official rule set and it is nice. If anyone is on the fence I definitely recommend it, at least from a visual perspective.

Even though I had the player's guide manually entered I hadn't started on the GM's part so nice that I won't have to spend hours and hours typing all that in and cutting out all the images that I didn't have yet.

The character sheet does look different but I think it will be an easy transition.

Good job to all those who worked on this rule set!

Official rule set?

Thread Information