FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 46 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Hi pr6i6e6st,

I've been testing attacking with weapons and if I double clic the gun bonus it only throws one die.

Suggestions:
    #1 When double clicking the bonus it will throw all the agility+range combat+stress+bonus dice.
    #2 Adding +1, +2, -1 and -2 boxes (similar to CoC7 ruleset) in case you want to add or take dice easily to the throw (you know, environment, tools, etc.).

I think adding those two things the ruleset will be much better. Of course it's only a suggestion, I know nothing about programming and don't know how hard can that be.

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    Hi pr6i6e6st,

I've been testing attacking with weapons and if I double clic the gun bonus it only throws one die.

Suggestions:
    #1 When double clicking the bonus it will throw all the agility+range combat+stress+bonus dice.
    #2 Adding +1, +2, -1 and -2 boxes (similar to CoC7 ruleset) in case you want to add or take dice easily to the throw (you know, environment, tools, etc.).

I think adding those two things the ruleset will be much better. Of course it's only a suggestion, I know nothing about programming and don't know how hard can that be.
    Yes, eventually I want to rig the weapon bonus and damage stuff up to be more proper, for now, the dice pool is an alternative.

Also, the modification box below the chat works with skill and attribute rolls, and will accept negative numbers (will roll at minimum 1) so that should work for now. I do want to try and add lots more things to reduce the work on the GM side, I just have to learn more of what I’m doing. I’m slowly getting there, next to learn is handlers and sources, which is needed for a lot of the automation from other tabs of the character sheet.

We’ll get there

So I just tested the new timer- it works great! I'll take a peek in the code and see where I might be able to change the shift length to 8 hours, as that's what we've been using so there's essentially four shifts in the day. That's such a minor thing that it's hardly even worth mentioning, and I can always just ctrl-scroll the hours also. I am sort of interested in taking a peek under the hood anyway though, so this is as good excuse as any!

I also tested out the new chat panel colors, and I have some more feedback. Check out the picture that's attached to this post first.

Chat examples.JPG

The new pitch black non-transparent background is great! However, the chat bubbles are bright white now, and that makes the green text that otherwise would read easily, hard to read again. The emotes are super easy to read, the OOC messages are VERY hard to see, system text reads like a dream, story text bubbles are a bit hard on the eyes because they still seem to have the "parchment" background to them along with the green text, whispers read ok (because they are white background with black text- so it reads easy but loses the cool "Alien" flare)

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    So I just tested the new timer- it works great! I'll take a peek in the code and see where I might be able to change the shift length to 8 hours, as that's what we've been using so there's essentially four shifts in the day. That's such a minor thing that it's hardly even worth mentioning, and I can always just ctrl-scroll the hours also. I am sort of interested in taking a peek under the hood anyway though, so this is as good excuse as any!

I also tested out the new chat panel colors, and I have some more feedback. Check out the picture that's attached to this post first.

Chat examples.JPG

The new pitch black non-transparent background is great! However, the chat bubbles are bright white now, and that makes the green text that otherwise would read easily, hard to read again. The emotes are super easy to read, the OOC messages are VERY hard to see, system text reads like a dream, story text bubbles are a bit hard on the eyes because they still seem to have the "parchment" background to them along with the green text, whispers read ok (because they are white background with black text- so it reads easy but loses the cool "Alien" flare)
    i can see what you mean. i'll try making a new story background graphic and chat text background graphic and changing the suggested font colours.

if you want to change that part of the code, with the shift/turn, yourself, go to desktop/desktop_pannels.xml and look for "chattime" and the button itself i think is still called "add_five_minutes".

thanks again!

Made the changes. Unfortunately I still can’t figure out how to refer to another tab of the charactersheet, so I can’t yet fix up weapons as pendragon suggested.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; September 2nd, 2019 at 19:10.

Bad news pr6i6e6st,

Don't know why but in the new version of the ruleset Panic Roll doesn't work properly. Instead of throwing 1 die and adding the stress level it throws as many dice as the stress level. This results in very high rolls even with a few dice.

Oh, and I understand the color changes on the chat but dice results over white were more eye friendly, easier to see I think.

Bad news pr6i6e6st,

Don't know why but in the new version of the ruleset Panic Roll doesn't work properly. Instead of throwing 1 die and adding the stress level it throws as many dice as the stress level. This results in very high rolls even with a few dice.

Oh, and I understand the color changes on the chat but dice results over white were more eye friendly, easier to see I think.
    That’s how panic works. You roll the number of stress dice you have against the table. Thus why 1-6 is “keeping it together” and the max number on the table is 15.

And I really didn’t like the white, it felt like a thorn. I’ll play around with something else for the die results

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    That’s how panic works. You roll the number of stress dice you have against the table. Thus why 1-6 is “keeping it together” and the max number on the table is 15.
    Exactly, that is why you must only roll 1 die. If you roll 2 dice you can roll a 2 or a 12, with 3 dice you can go off the table, and so on.
    On page 68 says about Panic Rolls "RESOLUTION: Roll a D6, add your current STRESS LEVEL, and check the table to the right."
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; September 2nd, 2019 at 23:22.

Exactly, that is why you only must roll 1 die.
    On page 68 says about Panic Rolls "RESOLUTION: Roll a D6, add your current STRESS LEVEL, and check the table to the right."
    Shite! You’re right! I’ll try to see if I can fix that tonight if not tomorrow.

Edit: looks like I fixed it
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; September 3rd, 2019 at 03:47.

I've been running the game today and we discovered that when the players write on the chat the text is black over a black box O_o
    Maybe lighter color for the text...? XD

Suggestion: when time passes stress is reduced automatically but sometimes time passes and the characters have no time to rest or just to calm down. Would it be possible to activate and deactivate that with a simple clic at GM's discretion?

Thread Information