DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 46 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbweather View Post
    Another question. I have the initiative cards working. Is there someplace where that is automated or accessible to the players in the character sheet or combat tracker? Or is that just a table I need to open up and roll on?
    Unfortunately it’s just the options in the combat tracker menu, or a custom table for now until I figure something out

Cool, that works just fine. Thanks for all your work.

included the travel manager from the clock adjuster extension birthed from this ruleset, personalized with an option for parsecs
    edit: removed the parsecs option as it's a) a bit redundant at the moment, and b ) needs a separate function.
    update example.png
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; May 20th, 2020 at 07:42.

I would love to see how you set up and run this. In that example above, the T-10 log. Is that set up as a timmed event? Is it triggered by the calendar? There is so much that this ruleset does, I'm a little overwhelmed. Im slowly reading through this thread and following the development to get a better grasp, I guess I never knwe half of wht FG could do. Like the clickable chat quotes. I don't know how to set those up, but that would be great too.

I would love to see how you set up and run this. In that example above, the T-10 log. Is that set up as a timmed event? Is it triggered by the calendar? There is so much that this ruleset does, I'm a little overwhelmed. Im slowly reading through this thread and following the development to get a better grasp, I guess I never knwe half of wht FG could do. Like the clickable chat quotes. I don't know how to set those up, but that would be great too.
    if you REALLY want to find out, i have room for one at the time. we are considering a new campaign where we've at least temporarily lost a member, bringing us to 4 players.

so, in that example, that is an event. eventually, something a lot like that scenario will occur in game . so if you really want to put the time against them, you set up an event. as you progress the time on the calendar or with the clock adjuster above the chat, it will do various things:
    -it will heal if they meet the right conditions (radiation, conditions, and being a synth will disable this)
    -it will reduce stress if the "stressed" checkbox is not toggled after 10 minutes has gone by. (this i am considering changing to be reversed. so if it's toggled, you lose stress, and renaming it "resting")
    -it will check the healing time for your critical injuries (added manually when attained), as well as checking to see about rolling against a fatal injury
    -it will reduce health for conditions that don't require a roll, and make the roll when conditions are met and one is suffering from the conditions. (this does not apply to exhaustion, as that is more GM determined, via the rules)
    -it will roll supply rolls if you are tracking
    -it will check if the time for the event has been reached or passed, and make an announcement to the chat (gm visible or visible to all depending on your setting for the event)

Careers don't really do anything currently except give you easy access to that record. i didn't want to put limitations on skills and attributes, as it's more fun to break the system from time to time, and the careers are mostly just limitations and descriptions. thus, automation doesn't seem as important as say the 5e ruleset.
    talents are not automated, but i have given space to place alternate rolls or numbers to remember for bonus's and such. (say a talent lets you use a different attribute for a skill roll, just set up the new roll in the talent. rolling in chat will provide the name of the talent.) Talents can also be used for NPC's and a creature's special abilities like the Xenomorphs Acid Blood.

NPCs are a bit to get used to. there are two buttons for setting up their type. one for creature/npc (do they follow human/synthetic rules?). another for npc/human/synth (which critical injury table to roll on?). set either way, their skills are still bound to their attributes, so keep that in mind when custom building a creature NPC. The custom tables for an NPC are bound to what you type into the two new fields for the creature npc. so i might make a table for an Abomination's attacks, and it just uses the critical injuries on Xenomorphs table. so i enter "abomination" into the attacks field, and it will look for the table "abomination ATTACKS" to roll on. it will then look for the table "CRITICAL INJURIES ON Xenomorphs". this way, i can name the npc statblock for the abomination "Jim Bob, the unfortunate wildcatter" and still have the appropriate tables rolled.

some functions on the combat tracker are automated like critical injuries and panic rolls from being broken, while others don't, like being able to simply drag damage on your target like in other rulesets. this is both because i still need to learn how to do stuff, and because i'm not sure how to really go about targeting and damages for automation in this RPG.

information on the clock adjuster and the events and travel manager can be found in my thread for the detached extension.

i'll continue to try and work out more functions and what not as i go, making improvements here and there between work, family, and my own games. keep picking away and you'll get the hang of things.

Would it be okay to sit in on a session and watch?
    Last edited by Wbweather; May 23rd, 2020 at 08:14.

Would it be okay to sit in on a session and watch?
    i think that's doable. i'll send you the discord link. i THINK i have it set so people without the appropriate role for the channel can join but can't speak.

Okay, another question. I am trying to add gear to the NPC character sheets and the drag and drop function doesn't seem to be working. Can you tell me how to do this? I figured out that in order for a weapon to show up on the PC CS I need to first equip it in the inventory. It doesn't appear to show on the combat tracker. Also, I can target an enemy in the combat tracker, but am not able to get damage applied automatically.
    Last edited by Wbweather; May 23rd, 2020 at 19:44.

Okay, another question. I am trying to add gear to the NPC character sheets and the drag and drop function doesn't seem to be working. Can you tell me how to do this?
    indeed that appears to not be working. seems i didn't list items as something that could be dropped into their gear. i'll put that fix in an update shortly. unfortunately, it seems you might need to recreate the NPC block for it to allow drops.

Okay, another question. I am trying to add gear to the NPC character sheets and the drag and drop function doesn't seem to be working. Can you tell me how to do this? I figured out that in order for a weapon to show up on the PC CS I need to first equip it in the inventory. It doesn't appear to show on the combat tracker. Also, I can target an enemy in the combat tracker, but am not able to get damage applied automatically.
    ok, so i got the items to drop into an NPC's gear list again.

a PC's items will not show up in the combat tracker, no. And yes, damage targeting is not currently rigged up. The GM can drop a number onto the combat entry though. i tend to use the modifier box to get a number i can just drag if they are going to add stunts to their damages or whatever in the meantime.

Thread Information