DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 37 of 46 First ... 273536373839 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    This looks like a great extension/mod/ruleset!

Any chance that we could get the clock as a separate extension for use in other rulesets?
    thanks! i was looking for a reason to do that so i could also use it in other games, here you go! https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...346#post506346

alright boys and girls. i think i've finally worked out some decent functions to help me with getting accurate passes of time. i went ahead and put some basic level of this onto the conditions, consumables and radiation. if you are testing, please focus on those and try to let me know if something isn't functioning properly.

if a mechanic is say watching for a turn, and instead an entire hour or day passes, things might not act quite as intended. so if you are tracking something that watches a turn, a day passing might not give you the right results you are looking for at the moment.

if you're interested in the script for the time checking, the handlers are located on charsheet_main2, while the scripts are located in manager_char.lua.

radiation is currently not set up for rounds. that will come when i add rounds to the time factors later

rounds have been added to the equation in the same way as turns and shifts. this may act weird as rounds don't actually add to the clock, just to mechanics that look at time. so regardless if you are looking at rounds for a mechanic like radiation or not, 6 rounds at a setting of 10 per round is still going to count as 1 minute. radiation is the only thing i think that looks at rads at the moment when set to extreme strength.

adjusting your rounds may set off your other mechanics if the difference is too high, i suggest triggering all your toggles (stressed, conditions, tracking, radiation) after resetting your rounds just to make sure your times are set appropriately. i'll work on a better method.

i've added events from my Clock Adjuster Extension so you can more finely plan the demise of your players

found an issue on FGC that wasn't on FGU, where adjusting the time caused errors with the "events". i think this has been fixed, but i'm getting strange interactions between the time and events on FGC that i'm not getting on FGU for some reason.
    edit: just put out another quick fix for events stating their event in chat when the time is equal
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; May 15th, 2020 at 07:17.

So, there's in issue where the script tries to compare with nil.
    I've tinkered and found 2 different fixes.

#1, set everything to a value of 1, go through and double-click each to add time. No more issues.
    #2, add a If ~= nill check to each time function

One thing I just not thought of would be to add a If ==nil then set variable to 0

(Also I'm in the middle of trying to kill all the info warnings for height ignored for control (xxxx) in chattime)

NOTE: This was in Unity, haven't cross-tested with classic.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    So, there's in issue where the script tries to compare with nil.
    I've tinkered and found 2 different fixes.

#1, set everything to a value of 1, go through and double-click each to add time. No more issues.
    #2, add a If ~= nill check to each time function

One thing I just not thought of would be to add a If ==nil then set variable to 0

(Also I'm in the middle of trying to kill all the info warnings for height ignored for control (xxxx) in chattime)

NOTE: This was in Unity, haven't cross-tested with classic.
    I’ll let you work that out then, imma head to bed for now. I’ll be back at it tomorrow night after work. If you think you can fix that while doing other stuff, give it a whirl, but I can always jump on it again later.

20-5-15_0327 ALIEN RPG Fixes:
    • Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Unity
    • Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Classic.
    • Fixed nil value issue on double-clicking addyear (was referencing the month value)
    • Resized ChatTime to fit all buttons
    • Added tooltip for AddYear
    • Added tooltip for Open Timed Events
    • Minor change some of the loading ruleset loading text.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zombielord; May 15th, 2020 at 09:29.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    20-5-15_0327 ALIEN RPG Fixes:
    • Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Unity
    • Fixed all the Warnings for anchor issues with items related to ChatTime for Classic.
    • Fixed nil value issue on double-clicking addyear (was referencing the month value)
    • Resized ChatTime to fit all buttons
    • Added tooltip for AddYear
    • Added tooltip for Open Timed Events
    • Minor change some of the loading ruleset loading text.
    thank you, very awesome to have a lot of that fixed.

for some reason, events are not acting correctly if the minute is not the same as the event minute in FGC. FGU so far appears to work as intended, but for the life of me can not figure out why classic acts strange.

if anyone would like to take a look at who, the code is in the desktop_pannels.xml and the manager_time.lua. must be something to do with one of the XML tags used or its properties.

edit: it REALLY doesn't make sense since it works fine with my extension versions of it for pfrpg, pfrpg2 and 5e (not uploaded yet but will shortly)
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; May 16th, 2020 at 01:31.

Thread Information