STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 46 First 1234513 ... Last
    Awesome work you're doing here, man! Thanks for all of your effort! I really loved the character sheet design!

Awesome work pr6i6e6st XD

I'm looking how everything works and I can't figure out how to make the panic button works. I've tried to add a table call Panic Roll but I don't know exactly how to link it to the button. I asume is the same for the critical injuries table.

I also notice that the Vehicles button on the frame has no box.

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    Awesome work pr6i6e6st XD

I'm looking how everything works and I can't figure out how to make the panic button works. I've tried to add a table call Panic Roll but I don't know exactly how to link it to the button. I asume is the same for the critical injuries table.

I also notice that the Vehicles button on the frame has no box.
    Yeah the tables should be labeled with all caps I think, “PANIC ROLL”, “CRITICAL INJURIES”, “CRITICAL INJURIES ON [text in npc’s critical injury field]” and “[text in npcs attack field] ATTACKS”.

And yeah there was no vehicle button graphic aside from the core rpg one, I’ll eventually do those up with different graphics after I build up some more record types like that, talents for example.

Thanks for providing me feedback! Much appreciated!

I've added the box to the vehicles button in the .pak, looks better.
    Images & Maps button text is a bit long for the box, have you tried Images/Maps?

I made the attacks and the critical injuries tables to work but not the panic roll table. I tried to guess why and the I discovered than the table was empty! Don't know why. Have to make it again.

Thank you for the work, it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    I've added the box to the vehicles button in the .pak, looks better.
    Images & Maps button text is a bit long for the box, have you tried Images/Maps?

I made the attacks and the critical injuries tables to work but not the panic roll table. I tried to guess why and the I discovered than the table was empty! Don't know why. Have to make it again.

Thank you for the work, it's fantastic.
    Ok so you got your table buttons on the character and npc sheets set up? Cool if so.

I planned to use xeno eggs for the sidebar buttons but I may go more Weyland-yutani themed with it and save the egg buttons for something else like your dice tower if I can ever get the base and stress dice to work in it.

Awesome work. Thank you! I have started the cinematic scenario live with people this August and we couldn't finish. I will now be able to continue online because of your great work on the rule set. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Voxpopuli View Post
    Awesome work. Thank you! I have started the cinematic scenario live with people this August and we couldn't finish. I will now be able to continue online because of your great work on the rule set. Thanks again!
    Hey no problem! That’s awesome that this will make continuing play easier for you.

Just while I’m responding, I have figured out how to get stress to reduce by 1 automatically when the clock is raised by 5 minutes. I just want to rig it to a switch of sorts so that the GM can disable it, or an effect like starving, dehydrated, freezing, exhausted or radiation disables it, before I push it out. It seems like it could be annoying if I don’t do something like that first

Hi guys! Gave the new ruleset version a test drive last night for our last session of the CotG scenario. I liked the timer function- but yeah the ability to switch increments (turns/shifts) would be handy. I got the panic button to work no problem using the table.

For initiative, previously I was having my players roll a D10 which is now absent- but the D10 was a flawed system anyway because it isn't like a deck of cards where you cant draw the same number twice. Routinely my players would roll the same numbers and I would have to have them re-roll. Is there a better solution you guys use for this? This last session I had them roll D66 instead, but if there is a more elegant solution in the future I'd love to know about it.

We LOVED how the player sheet automatically rolled all base and stress dice- that's AMAZING. The panic button is also super useful and cool.

Last item for feedback on the new ruleset version: Though the chatbox text color and font fit the theme well- all my players found it difficult to read due to both the transparent nature of the chat panel and the dark green color of the text. If I were going to change it, I might just make the chat panel 100% black, and mirror the font/color of the text that appears on the MUTHUR computer terminals in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Hi guys! Gave the new ruleset version a test drive last night for our last session of the CotG scenario. I liked the timer function- but yeah the ability to switch increments (turns/shifts) would be handy. I got the panic button to work no problem using the table.

For initiative, previously I was having my players roll a D10 which is now absent- but the D10 was a flawed system anyway because it isn't like a deck of cards where you cant draw the same number twice. Routinely my players would roll the same numbers and I would have to have them re-roll. Is there a better solution you guys use for this? This last session I had them roll D66 instead, but if there is a more elegant solution in the future I'd love to know about it.

We LOVED how the player sheet automatically rolled all base and stress dice- that's AMAZING. The panic button is also super useful and cool.

Last item for feedback on the new ruleset version: Though the chatbox text color and font fit the theme well- all my players found it difficult to read due to both the transparent nature of the chat panel and the dark green color of the text. If I were going to change it, I might just make the chat panel 100% black, and mirror the font/color of the text that appears on the MUTHUR computer terminals in the film.
    The chat now has a “Shift/turn” toggle, for 5 minutes or 5 hours, so I got you covered on that first part.

For initiative, I took Trenloe’s basic card extension and changed the definition.xml to accept the AlienRPG instead of CoreRPG. Maybe I’ll make the conversion tonight so no one has to go through the process.

And I’ve been thinking that about the chat, and might do just what you said.

edit: went ahead and made the changes
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; September 1st, 2019 at 06:38.

Maybe this'll help for the Initiative. Again, it's Pepor's work, not mine.

I agree with JimSocks about the chat colors. Besides that, everything works great.

EDIT: Forget to mention you must load the Basic Card Deck Tables Extension to make the Initiative Card Deck mod work properly, otherwise the same card can be drawn more than once and you cannot reset all cards after combat.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; September 1st, 2019 at 00:15.

Thread Information