DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... Last

[WIP]Alien RPG ruleset

NOTE: it is IMPORTANT when starting a campaign to set up the calendar BEFORE doing anything else, as functions are bound to the clock.

Hey, so I've been working on this ruleset for the Alien RPG which released December 10th 2019, published by Free League. I really wanted to be able to run it for my friends without having to do a bunch of workarounds with CoreRPG, so I decided to see what I could do to make things easier on them. Thus began the journey into code (different story, different time, different place. That's not why you're here!).

so I behold unto you, my Alien RPG ruleset! (work in progress). based from CoreRPG and the Mutant: Year Zero extension.

***NOTE****
    dropping a second career into the career slot currently deletes both the old and the new one. once it's blank, place the desired career in again.
    ****Calendar MUST be set up to avoid errors and to have some of the automated functions*****

Character Sheet 1
    Character Sheet 2
    Character Sheet Special Tab
    Character Sheet Inventory
    Character Sheet Notes Tab

Clock Adjuster

NPCs and Combat Tracker
    Vehicles
    Items

Starsystems/Planets/Colonies

Changelog

zombielord has made an amazing star themed extension if you want a different feel as well.
    NOTE: it is IMPORTANT when starting a campaign to set up the calendar BEFORE doing anything else, as functions are bound to the clock
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; July 11th, 2020 at 05:26. Reason: Upgraded to Ruleset

What a nice work you have made there pr6i6e6st! Thanks for sharing it.
    Last edited by Pepor; August 17th, 2019 at 08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    What a nice work you have made there pr6i6e6st! Thanks for sharing it.
    Hey no problem and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You should change this into a Ruleset - minimal changes to the code - but it is far more than an extension!
    True. It had started off as just the dice, and kept evolving as I thought ”well, what if i?”. I will have to do that at some point, (could probably copy most the files into my first attempt at ripping apart a ruleset for this)

Brilliant, pr6i6e6st, absolutely brilliant.

I've been testing it in a real game and here are some issues I've found.
    1. If players close their character sheet the DM has to clean the owner and players must take the character again or they cannot reopen it.
    2. If DM wants to share some pictures just with one player dropping it to the character avatar on the upper left corner. Impossible, it doesn't work. In fact, the character avatars don't work at all (this is related with #1), you can't share on it, or whisper just dropping the text or even open the character sheet with a simple clic.
    3. I've added a dice tower (a very cool one indeed) but seems not to work. You can drop the dice and the chat shows the time but nothing else happens.
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif
    4. gameelements.xml doesn't appears to work. All dice still on screen. Don't know why.

Cool things about the extension
    1. I love it.
    2. Nice work, man!
    3. The clock is awesome, a clever idea that simplifies a lot the DM work.
    4. The second Main is good, I use it to translate the character sheet for my spanish players and it helps. If the don't know a word they can just check it out there.
    5. How about the effects of the panic roll been displayed in the chat window when a character rolls? Just an idea not to be opening different windows during the die roll just to check the result.

I've done the Critical Injuries Table for PCs, in case you want it just say it, I'd be glad to share it. You just roll and you get the effect and the recovery time at the same time.
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; August 19th, 2019 at 00:29.

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    2. If DM wants to share some pictures just with one player dropping it to the character avatar on the upper left corner. Impossible, it doesn't work. In fact, the character avatars don't work at all (this is related with #1), you can't share on it, or whisper just dropping the text or even open the character sheet with a simple clic.
    This seemed to work fine for us- but we were using the version before the clock was added so maybe it broke in the recent update? BTW, that dice tower made me laugh- its super cool lol

This is my new favorite tabletop game to run, and this extension is just plain amazing so far. keep it up pr6i6e6st!

Brilliant, pr6i6e6st, absolutely brilliant.

I've been testing it in a real game and here are some issues I've found.
    1. If players close their character sheet the DM has to clean the owner and players must take the character again or they cannot reopen it.
    thank you, i will have to check on the others, but i understand that the clock over the chat is somehow blocking the character portraits somehow (probably it's bounds?) the clock is moveable if you right-click it and unlock it. move it wherever you like for now until i can get that fixed up better.

Edit: it was indeed the bounds.

How does your dicetower work with other customdie? Could the problem stem there? Because I can make my rolls invisible as a gm, but I can’t seem to get the dice tower to come up on either my old extension or the new ruleset either.

I have the tables imported to a module if that’s what you mean, otherwise i need to figure out how to get the critical injuries and panic rolls to function.

I very much appreciate everyone’s time, help, and consideration.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; August 19th, 2019 at 07:08.

I also have the tables imported. Can't help you making them function, sorry.
    Did you do the Critical Injuries Table as a d66 or just as a d36? Both work the same but the chances of any result are completely different.

Pepor and I worked on an MoreCore extension where the dice tower seems to work fine. Our extension is attached in case you want to check the tower, and add it to your extension.
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; August 19th, 2019 at 23:55.

I also have the tables imported. Can't help you making them function, sorry.
    Did you do the Critical Injuries Table as a d66 or just as a d36? Both work the same but the chances of any result are completely different.

Pepor and I worked on an MoreCore extension where the dice tower seems to work fine. Our extension is attached in case you want to check the tower, and add it to your extension.
    I actually haven't made the d66 yet, I might have broken the one from the mutant:year zero extension I used as a base. I'll have to see if I can recover that now that I have a slightly better idea what I'm doing.

For the panic table insert, If I can find where the code I need is from in the d&d 5e ruleset, perhaps I can do it that way, where the table can be edited like a normal table. So far no luck, that pak is THIC lol. Although I have yet to try making the description ”[PANIC TABLE]”.

A less attractive approach I'm considering is just creating a new die type and modding the results to have the (un)desired effects. This doesn't allow for user editing though unless I rig up a window and some strings. Perhaps making a module with the tables, then going into the DB code and copying that somewhere?

This are the panic roll and the attacks and critical injuries tables I've created. Some tables are in Spanish but maybe you can take advantage of it.

Thread Information