FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 42 of 46 First ... 324041424344 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc1987 View Post
    My group will be running a quick cinematic game tomorrow using this ruleset, i just got finished plugging in all the information from the rulebook into it. Thanks a lot for all the hard work! everything seems really straight forward. i will let you know if my group runs into any issues, but its all looking pretty rock solid.
    thank you. i was preparing for a game later today and stumbled upon a few bugs. fixed some things with health, radiation, critical injuries regaining health, losing stress.(though they're still rolling multiple times for a single instance).

sorry to everyone for the long wait for these fixes, i realize how much of a pain they must have been. busy times.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    thank you. i was preparing for a game later today and stumbled upon a few bugs. fixed some things with health, radiation, critical injuries regaining health, losing stress.(though they're still rolling multiple times for a single instance).

sorry to everyone for the long wait for these fixes, i realize how much of a pain they must have been. busy times.
    We ran our game and had a blast. One thing I noted, whenever I added an enemy npc to the combat tracker, it would have 0 hp even though I have max and current hp set in the npc template, and would roll twice on the synth crit table for some reason. I Don’t know if I set it up correctly. I can post a video if it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    Advance to 6AM - advances time to the next 6am with a single click.
    Advance to 12AM - advances time to the next 12am with a single click.
    Advance to 6PM - advances time to the next 6pm with a single click.
    Advance to 12PM - advances time to the next 12PM with a single click.
    The panel can be moved by right-clicking and unlocking it's position with a single click.
    I have set up the calendar.
    when I click one one of the advance-buttons I get an error in the log:
    [ERRROR] Script execution error: [string "adv12pm"]:14 attempt to compare number with nil

is the clock adjuster extension needed?

Quote Originally Posted by jbergenudd View Post
    [ERRROR] Script execution error: [string "adv12pm"]:14 attempt to compare number with nil

Adjust all the dates at least once to “create” them in the database

Quote Originally Posted by jbergenudd View Post

And the current time.

You can play the game perfectly fine without using the clock at all. It just makes keeping track of time management functions a lot easier. I personally always use it.

Also, I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated this, I’ve been working on an NPC Maker for 5e for Rob Twohy quietly. The knowledge I’ve gained from the experience will come in handy for future updates to this ruleset.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; July 18th, 2020 at 15:17.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for this ruleset? There's a bunch of icon stuff in the bottom I can't figure out what to do with.
    I bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilemann View Post
    Is there a tutorial somewhere for this ruleset? There's a bunch of icon stuff in the bottom I can't figure out what to do with.
    Page one of this thread has links to other comments in the thread with some general description and such. The icons in the bottom are either the dice or the dice pool

Hi pr6i6e6st,

Let me start by saying a huge "thank you" for creating this ruleset - it's awesome I hope you continue to evolve it.

I run a lot of official DnD5e modules through Fantasy Grounds so have never really looked "behind the scenes" to figure out how anything really works, but Alien RPG is such cool game that your ruleset implementation inspired me to setup all the tables and copy over all of my content to be able to run an online session of Chariot of the Gods. Your YouTube video was a real help!

I do have a couple of issues (so far!) :

1) When I join as a client (localhost) to test or as a demo client on a separate PC, I get the following : Script Error: [string "chat"]:1: setValue: Unable to create node
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (calendar.dateinminutes). The calendar seems setup ok (I can adjust days and advance time ok using your clock widget).

2) When I add a weapon to a characters Inventory and Equip it, and then go to the Main tab and use the weapon, I can roll the attack roll without a problem by dragging the "Bonus" box over to the chat window/dice pool but if the attack is successful and I then try to drag the damage over to display the output in the chat window I get the following error message: Script Error: [string "weapondamage"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'CombatName' (a nil value)

I get this either as GM running the session or as a player if I use a separate PC to connect as a character. I've tried a couple of different weapons and different characters.

Neither are show stoppers - I just clear the error and continue but am hoping to resolve before I get my players (some who are new to FG) to connect their clients.

Any ideas? I am currently running this on Classic Fantasy Grounds (but intend to also move my game over to Unity to test performance). I have an Ultimate license and test with the localhost client and as a demo user on a separate PC.

Great ruleset so far. Trying to wrap my head around everything since I just got the game yesterday!

I did find an odd bug on the FGC version though. I was adding talents to the talents section and noticed that even when I lock an item and close it. It still will allow editing when it's reopened without unlocking it. Also on the character sheet what is the dice and number next to a talent for?

Hi pr6i6e6st, it's been a while. I'm running Chariot of the Gods one more time and I was trying to create the Critical Injuries Table with the d66 instead of a d6 and the table calling to a new table like I made it months ago. The problem is that I cannot make the table to show the results on the chat window. I don't know if I'm writing correctly the numbers in the fields or what's the problem. Ie, if I write 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. nothing is showed in the chat, but if I writ 1-10, 1-20, 1-30... if I roll a 21 the 1-30 result appears. I'm confused.

Thread Information