DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 46 First ... 334142434445 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by pendragon2009 View Post
    Hi pr6i6e6st, it's been a while. I'm running Chariot of the Gods one more time and I was trying to create the Critical Injuries Table with the d66 instead of a d6 and the table calling to a new table like I made it months ago. The problem is that I cannot make the table to show the results on the chat window. I don't know if I'm writing correctly the numbers in the fields or what's the problem. Ie, if I write 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. nothing is showed in the chat, but if I writ 1-10, 1-20, 1-30... if I roll a 21 the 1-30 result appears. I'm confused.
    As Damned mentioned, just key in your starting and ending numbers in the boxes. See the attached for my Minor Component Damage table.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NotRussellCrowe; August 5th, 2020 at 02:40.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    As Damned mentioned, just key in your starting and ending numbers in the boxes. See the attached for my Minor Component Damage table.
    Yeah this approach worked perfectly fine for me too for the D66 tables. Is anyone else using this ruleset getting the script errors that I am in post #418?

Quote Originally Posted by SwanVesta View Post
    Hi pr6i6e6st,

Let me start by saying a huge "thank you" for creating this ruleset - it's awesome I hope you continue to evolve it.

I run a lot of official DnD5e modules through Fantasy Grounds so have never really looked "behind the scenes" to figure out how anything really works, but Alien RPG is such cool game that your ruleset implementation inspired me to setup all the tables and copy over all of my content to be able to run an online session of Chariot of the Gods. Your YouTube video was a real help!

I do have a couple of issues (so far!) :

1) When I join as a client (localhost) to test or as a demo client on a separate PC, I get the following : Script Error: [string "chat"]:1: setValue: Unable to create node
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (calendar.dateinminutes). The calendar seems setup ok (I can adjust days and advance time ok using your clock widget).

2) When I add a weapon to a characters Inventory and Equip it, and then go to the Main tab and use the weapon, I can roll the attack roll without a problem by dragging the "Bonus" box over to the chat window/dice pool but if the attack is successful and I then try to drag the damage over to display the output in the chat window I get the following error message: Script Error: [string "weapondamage"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'CombatName' (a nil value)

I get this either as GM running the session or as a player if I use a separate PC to connect as a character. I've tried a couple of different weapons and different characters.

Neither are show stoppers - I just clear the error and continue but am hoping to resolve before I get my players (some who are new to FG) to connect their clients.

Any ideas? I am currently running this on Classic Fantasy Grounds (but intend to also move my game over to Unity to test performance). I have an Ultimate license and test with the localhost client and as a demo user on a separate PC.
    You also need to setup a calendar module I believe. I have gotten a fair number of date-based script errors but they only show up upon load and since I don't use the calendar functions I don't see any again. If you have a calendar loaded and date picked try changing the date & time in FG. I did all that and no longer see these errors.

Sorry, not sure about #2 as I've never experienced it. I haven't used automated damage reduction and other features like it, I manually adjust the hit points of my creatures during combat.

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    You also need to setup a calendar module I believe. I have gotten a fair number of date-based script errors but they only show up upon load and since I don't use the calendar functions I don't see any again. If you have a calendar loaded and date picked try changing the date & time in FG. I did all that and no longer see these errors.

Sorry, not sure about #2 as I've never experienced it. I haven't used automated damage reduction and other features like it, I manually adjust the hit points of my creatures during combat.

Happy gaming!
    Thanks for the reply - my calendar all seems setup ok so shouldn't be causing an error. It's no drama though just annoying for players to see when connecting. I've actually moved my Alien game over to Foundry VTT which is a much cleaner player experience than FG although the implementation of the rules system is not as nicely automated as pr616e6st's great ruleset here.

Hmmm m if i put dices in pools 1 - 12 at bottom of fgu and roll form there... it rolls them 3x ? you guys have same?

So Forum mods/devs: when can we have an Alien RPG forum room under the Game Systems category? Eh? Eh?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    So Forum mods/devs: when can we have an Alien RPG forum room under the Game Systems category? Eh? Eh?
    How much activity / how many posts would such a forum have?

Normally most game's discussion just go in the generic CoreRPG forums until they become active enough to need such.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    How much activity / how many posts would such a forum have?

Normally most game's discussion just go in the generic CoreRPG forums until they become active enough to need such.
    Well, hard to say because most Alien RPG discussion is relegated to this thread alone and a couple other outliers. But I feel like if we had our own room it could be a whole different scenario.

We DO have our own ruleset now thanks to OP here! I’m sure all the Alien fans would agree with me: our own Game System room would be a step in a positive direction!

Thread Information