5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    That's the same issue of multiple dice not being shown correctly in chat window. I haven't had time to investigate yet, between interviews, support and managing the alpha. Currently, most fixes are being done on image stuff which is what Carl is working one. Fixing the dice expression display/totals is first on my list once I get the time to investigate.

Regards,
    JPG

Current Update

General impression: things are loading a lot slower when you host the default 5e campaign

BUG/5e: Critical Max damage with multiple damage types/dice (e.g. Greatsword with 1d8 fire and 1d4 lightning damage, additional +4 ability) going up against someone with lightning resistance (lightning damage should be halved). Results in 47 instead of 48 points (rounding error?) 4d6 (24)+ 2d8 (16) + 2d4 (8) +4 = 52 (correctly indicated). The 2d4 should be halved, so 4 should be dropped from the total, therefore 48. I believe the same error is applying to Critical Max Half...resulting in 23 instead of 24.

Annotation 2019-08-23 223404.png
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

In your image one d4 maxed is for whatever reason a 6 (somewhere in the middle of your image: lightning (1d4 = 6), that might be the problem such that then the total is 10 and halved a 5 instead of 4. So, probably not a rounding error but for whatever reason one lightning die is increased by 2 damage points

EDIT: also the other maxed numbers do not really makes sense sometimes (like 2d6=16 instead of 12). The total is correct but the single chat outputs are confusing, the subresults deviate such that they are above or below the maxed number (exactly in such a way that the total is unaffected but the halving is affected )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 24th, 2019 at 04:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    In your image one d4 maxed is for whatever reason a 6 (somewhere in the middle of your image: lightning (1d4 = 6), that might be the problem such that then the total is 10 and halved a 5 instead of 4. So, probably not a rounding error but for whatever reason one lightning die is increased by 2 damage points

EDIT: also the other maxed numbers do not really makes sense sometimes (like 2d6=16 instead of 12)

yeah the numbers up there don't seem right (maxed d8 = 6, maxed d4 = 6, maxed d8 critical = 4, etc.). My screen resolution is too high to see those tiny numbers in the chat until we get UIScaling...
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thanks for the sleuthing. Filed as task FGU-452.

JPG

Tried setting the 'Dice: Manual entry' to 'On' and made a high enough attack roll to hit the AC of an invisible hostile. The percentile dice manual entry comes up (see below). It has a d100 and a d10 listed (maybe a hold-over from the % dice?) Leaving them as 0 and 0, results in 0. Entering 10 and 0 results in 10. Entering 100 and 10, results in 110, Entering 100 and 0, results in 2 dice showing up (a 100 and a 0), totaling 100. /die 1d100 only shows 1 dice (100 for a perfect roll)...

Also, the Manual Dice Entry window stays open (and blank)
    aka Laendra

Another issue to think about...I know this isn't the host->client phase...but it came up while testing an extension in FGU. SFRPG ruleset (yes, I know I had to change the graphics_font.xml to get it to load). Loads just fine for the local private host, but the client had the following error. Logfile and screenshot of cache contents included

Attachment 28700
    Attached Files Attached Files
    aka Laendra

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Tried setting the 'Dice: Manual entry' to 'On' and made a high enough attack roll to hit the AC of an invisible hostile. The percentile dice manual entry comes up (see below). It has a d100 and a d10 listed (maybe a hold-over from the % dice?) Leaving them as 0 and 0, results in 0. Entering 10 and 0 results in 10. Entering 100 and 10, results in 110, Entering 100 and 0, results in 2 dice showing up (a 100 and a 0), totaling 100. /die 1d100 only shows 1 dice (100 for a perfect roll)...

Also, the Manual Dice Entry window stays open (and blank)
    Without manual die entry turned on and rolled the miss chance, it rolls 3d10 [1d100 and 2d10], shows 2 in the result, combining the results of the d100 and the d10 as say 60 and 3 = 63 on the d100 die and 5 on the d10 = 68.

I am clearly confused as to what is going on here...
    aka Laendra

Thanks for the additional reports.

Manual Dice Window Staying Open
    This is by design in the rulesets currently, so this is how it works in the current FG version.

Percentile Rolls Showing Up as 2 dice
    Each ruleset needs to be updated to work with FGU with regards to percentiles. In FGC, the rulesets had to manage percentile rolls manually, but it's automatic in FGU. The following rulesets have already been checked and/or updated: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, PFRPG. I've added task FGU-471 to update the rulesets installed automatically. Any other rulesets will need to be handled on a case by case basis.

Player File Cache Deletion Error
    Previously filed as FGU-397.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon Wizard, did you ever make any further progress on issue FGU-411?
    aka Laendra

Thread Information