DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Ping times to lobby: Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 17ms
    Tracert: 9 hops
    Not sure what IPv6 address is showing up for the lobby, but I don't think it is the correct one...could be A reason for lag???

IPv6 validation for https://lobby.fantasygrounds.com

Tested on Sat, 17 Aug 2019 03:36:09 GMT
    AAAA DNS record no AAAA record
    IPv6 web server
    IPv6 DNS server
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    SFRPG
    SFRPG was not part of FGU update system, so I assume you copied over. If you are using the same data directory for both current FG and FGU, I suggest you change back to defaults to avoid issues. I've loaded a version of SFRPG into the FGU update system that does not get that XML error. You'll need to adjust data directory (if the same as FGC), then run a new FGU update, in order to get the latest version without that error.
    Replacing the two <fgffile> definitions with <ttf> definitions allowed it to startup without issue.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Specifying User Names Per Game
    Your FG user name is now the same for the web site as well as the application. An FG user name is also now required to be configured in the Settings to join a game.

Tokens Not Visible to Players on Reshare
    Filed as task FGU-386.

Multiple networked dice rolls potentially causing lag
    Filed as FGU-387 to investigate.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Specifying User Names Per Game
    Your FG user name is now the same for the web site as well as the application. An FG user name is also now required to be configured in the Settings to join a game.
    That's going to be a major pain in the *** for people that like to name their username to something meaningful for the campaign that they are joining (such as the character name, or campaign name or, most of the time, their Discord (or whatever other voice software they are using) name.
    aka Laendra

Might we ask the reason for this decision? I might have missed some posts?

This allows us to uniquely identify users for providing cloud services, which is a requirement to avoid collisions.

The user name is rarely seen in actual play; except for:
    • GM-only chat announcement when the player first logs in
    • GM campaign lists to indicate sharing/ownership of records
    • OOC chat

Other than those situations, the character name is used for all other cases that I can think of.

Regards,
    JPG

Just wanted to give a HUGE thanks to you!!! 20 + 0 on d100 gives 20, not 30...just like real life rolls!!!!

Also...

BUG(5e): /die 1d100l5e96 rolled a 99....no exploding happened....no console error...

Checked other combinations.

Explode low works as expected: 1d100l50 -> 41-84-34 = -76
    Explode high works as expected: 1d100e51 -> 73+69+89+46 = 277

Seems we cannot explode low and high. Dice text even comes back 1d100l5 instead of 1d100l5e96
    aka Laendra

Percentile Dice
    We added a new built in die type called d01, which is a 0-9 die; which is separate from d10, which is a 1-10 die. Also, the client automatically handles d100 by adding and combining the result of a d01 die, without the ruleset having to do anything. In general, we're trying to add more native support for common dice use cases without having the ruleset have to do everything.

Explode Low and High
    I know that I considered this as I was building dice system, but don't remember offhand if that's the correct format. It seems right, so I'll need to investigate. Added as task FGU-411.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    BUG/5e: Applied Critical and Max to a 2d6+5 weapon damage roll. Correctly showed 4 dice with 6 as the result, text read 1d6+1g6+5 instead of 2d6+2g6+5, the total shown came to 23 instead of 29. Damage applied was 29 (correct)
    This appears to have gotten worse with most recent updates.

Annotation 2019-08-21 195802.png
    aka Laendra

BUG/5e: CRITICAL, MAX, and HALF applied to 2d6+5 damage shows wrong as well. Instead of 2d6+2g6+5, it shows 1d6+1g6+5, dice show all 6s, total says 15. Correct damage of 14 was taken by recipient.

Annotation 2019-08-21 200017.png
    aka Laendra

Thread Information