DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Ranger Two Weapon Fighting Style

When I take the Two Weapon fighting style at 2nd level, in FG do I just roll the damage for the 2nd weapon as normal, or is there something else I need to edit on my character's attack?

Edit:
    For clarity, as I understand it, on my turn, I roll attack dice. On successful HIT, I roll weapon1 damage + modifier, then roll weapon2 damage + modifier.
    Last edited by MacNobody; August 12th, 2019 at 17:21.

Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly, TWF does not get str/dex bonus damage on the off-hand. So you will need to make a second weapon or weapon damage that does not have the mod bonus.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Firstly you will need a weapon in each hand; both of those weapons need to be light melee weapons (such as Shortswords). Normally as LE says above you would not get your bonus damage from your ability score but two weapon fighting negates that penalty. So, essentially you get two attacks one with each weapon (note that you need to use your bonus action for the second attack).

If you use the same weapon in each hand then you can get away with just having the one weapon line and just use it twice (you need to swing and hit with each weapon - you don't just hit once and then roll the damage dice twice). If you use different weapons in each hand then you will need a weapon line for both so that you can deal the correct damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To expand on what the others have said, the ranger/fighter style allows you to add your ability modifier to your offhand weapon attack. The weapon does need to be light. If you want to use something like a battleaxe in each hand you additionally need the dual wielder feat.

To automate the process you can either create a second weapon entry or use this extension:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Offhand-attack

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    To automate the process you can either create a second weapon entry or use this extension:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Offhand-attack
    Vouching for this extension.

Thread Information