5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

FG Con 15 - Friday November 8th to Sunday November 10th, 2019!

This is just a very quick announcement to let people know of the official dates for FG Con 15!

It will be Friday November 8th to Sunday November 10th, 2019. Starting around 5pm New Zealand time on the Friday and ending around midnight Hawaii time on the Sunday - over 72 hours of gaming.

So, block out that weekend... Get your game(s) on!

We'll be spending the next week updating the FG Con website and testing the booking system etc.. So please bear with us if info on the site is initially out of date.

We aim to have the booking system open for GM event submissions on Friday August 16th.

Please spread the word to make people aware and GMs - start planning your game/s...

A few things to keep in mind for FG Con:
    1) Run the games using Fantasy Grounds, and the “live” setting. This will be using FG Classic - no FGU Beta testing (if it's out by then) to be done in FG Con 15. The GM should have a minimum of a GM/Standard license - SmiteWorks upgrade Standard/GM licenses to Ultimate for the period of the convention. With a standard license you can GM any players for the convention - with or without licenses.
    2) Run each session in a designated time slot - the length and start time is up to you. Keep to this time slot to allow players the chance to take part in as many events as possible - try to start on time and don't overrun!
    3) Use the FG Con website and event booking system. You can advertise events elsewhere (we encourage that), but all event listings and player booking have to be through the FG Con site. GMs are required to enter their own events so that they have full access to player bookings for review and communication. GMs are required to communicate with their players for pre-event confirmation and coordination.
    4) Use the FG Con designated Discord server for in-session communications.
    5) Only run games during the weekend of Friday November 8th to Sunday November 10th.
    6) Abide by the instructions and directions of the FG Con admin team.
    7) Keep it simple for players to sign-up and participate. Have pregens ready, try not to have too complex pre-game player preparation. A lot of convention players just want to turn up and play - help them do that.
    8) Try to keep games fairly newbie friendly - we get a lot of people trying out Fantasy Grounds and new RPG systems. If you expect a certain level of knowledge of FG or the system you're running, be very clear in your event post and subsequent communications.

FG Con is a great way to meet other online players and GMs, try games you've never played before and get to know Fantasy Grounds - we can all learn more from seeing a different GM in action.

More info to come in due course... The main organisers have been super busy recently, so we apologise for our (my) tardiness in making this announcement...
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 6th, 2019 at 04:47. Reason: Date change for this year
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I'll be running 3 sessions of Pulp Action! over the course of FG Con 15.

1930s pulp era action in a world fast becoming modern but where many corners are still being explored. Are you a wise cracking gumshoe, a connected dilettante, a whip cracking explorer or a street smart thug who knows how things really work? Use every skill and connection you have to ride this wild tale to its conclusion.

This fast and simple game system is loosely based on the PbtA and Gumshoe systems and is designed to be easy to play for both beginners and seasoned campaigners. Roll high or low, the story is what counts.

Pulp Action will run for 2 to 5 players – all comers are welcome. No experience with Fantasy Grounds or Pulp Action is required.

Session 1 - Isis
    In this session a wondrous Egyptian archaeological exhibition is on display at the Museum of Natural History and the new German Chancellor is in town.
    https://www.fg-con.com/events/pulp-action-isis-2/

Session 2 - Symposium
    In this session Albert Einstein has been invited to attend a Symposium of the Greatest Minds of the Ages at the World Exhibition in Brussels.
    https://www.fg-con.com/events/pulp-action-symposium-2/

Session 3 - Bund!
    In this session violent protests and rallies rock the streets of New York. Communists, Trade Unionists, the German American Bund and local police are all involved!
    https://www.fg-con.com/events/pulp-action-bund/

Great that another FG Con is rolling around!

In the immortal words of the Dude:

"I'll be there, man."

I plan to run two or three games. Looking forward to it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Hey Trenloe,

I'm trying to add a session but it doesn't like my date format. It says to use the date picker but there is no date picker present, just text fields.
    Tried it on both Chrome and Edge browsers.

Alternatively, what format is it expecting and I'll just type it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Hey Trenloe,

I'm trying to add a session but it doesn't like my date format. It says to use the date picker but there is no date picker present, just text fields.
    Tried it on both Chrome and Edge browsers.

Alternatively, what format is it expecting and I'll just type it that way?
    The booking system isn't fully open yet. Thanks for letting us know about the data picker issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The booking system isn't fully open yet. Thanks for letting us know about the data picker issue.
    Ah, well that might explain a thing or two. Leave it to me to overlook the "We aim to" part of that sentence in the announcement.

Sorry that GM event submission has not opened yet. We're having a major issue where the jQuery datepicker and other UI elements aren't rendering - making it impossible to enter an event. We're working on it, but we're a bit stumped at present... No ETA on a fix as yet.

I'll be running Deadlands Dark Ages: Sins of the Father.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

We've finally got the website working - that was a major mission.

As we're 5 weeks away from the original date, we're thinking of pushing it back for this year to November 8th-10th. I know this is one week before Aethercon, I don't know how much cross over we get (people playing in both) but we've never really had any overlap between the two.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    The later date works better for me, and I know one GM who can never run in the October FG-Con that would be able to run the November date.

Thread Information