DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    This is a lot of work. Thank you!

Quick question for OP. When creating a new class, why does base attack have options of slow, medium, and fast as well as fort, ref and will saves have good and bad? Is this in Pathfinder rules somewhere as I cannot find it? Also, is there a specific way to enter class skills and features? How did you find out this info to build these modules as I've been told there is not a manual for individual rulesets...

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    Quick question for OP. When creating a new class, why does base attack have options of slow, medium, and fast as well as fort, ref and will saves have good and bad? Is this in Pathfinder rules somewhere as I cannot find it?
    See "Basic Mechanics" here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...g-new-classes/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, is there a specific way to enter class skills and features? How did you find out this info to build these modules as I've been told there is not a manual for individual rulesets...
    Basically, do by example. So, look at already existing examples of classes.

The PFRPG Basic Rules OGL module that comes with FG has a lot of examples.

There's also a bunch of more examples in the community OGL modules listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post120187

The key thing with the "Features" section is to enter each feature at the level that it is achieved and use the same title as a similar feature from an example class. FG looks at the title of the feature to try to do some basic auto allocation of an ability. But mostly it will just add this to the abilities tab of the PC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This does help, but when looking up characters or archetypes, it doesn't say whether they are fast progression or good or bad saves. For instance, this is the class i am trying to add: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pre...ving-monolith/

Is there a conversion chart I'm unaware of?

FYI, I thought the fast/slow bab field was a FG thing, not a Pathfinder thing. Which if I was doing a paper sheet, it wouldn't be an issue because it lists out the table for bab and saves. The tricky thing is picking which progression for FG when the class itself doesn't say what the bab progression is or if its good or bad saves.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...-base-bonuses/

From this: BAB = medium, Fort save = good, Reflex save = bad, Will save = bad.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 24th, 2020 at 19:45.

Quick question for OP. When creating a new class, why does base attack have options of slow, medium, and fast as well as fort, ref and will saves have good and bad? Is this in Pathfinder rules somewhere as I cannot find it? Also, is there a specific way to enter class skills and features? How did you find out this info to build these modules as I've been told there is not a manual for individual rulesets...
    [same question in another post that lead me here...]
    I am currently wanting to create a new class and can't find any information on how Pathfinder is coded. For instance, what does base attack "fast, medium, or slow" do? what does fort, ref, and will save "good or bad" do? Seems like there is a good deal of documentation missing unless you run 5E. The class creation is just one thing, too. What if I want to create a new race or one that is not listed? Also, I'm sure there are many other things that are coded specifically a certain way for pathfinder. Where can I find documentation for Pathfinder Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?
    hi. i am treading cautiously here and see if i can offer any insight that might help -- considering you have "grand templar" status, i don't want to assume what you do or don't know. if i mention something that you already know and my insight is not useful, i tried. here goes...

what does base attack "fast, medium, or slow" do?
    fg cannot answer this for you, or do any kind of automation for you in this regards. it's a question that you would know if you understand pathfinder rules. it just means classes advance at certain speed -- a martial class b.a.b advances much faster than, say, a caster class. it's all relative, thus the relative terms used, "fast, medium, or slow."

what does fort, ref, and will save "good or bad" do?
    again, this is based on classes: at each level, the 3-save numbers increase, and depending on the class, it could be "good" or "bad" -- a rogue's ref save would be good as that class advances but bad with fort and will, or a pally's will and fort is good but ref bad, and a ranger's fort/ref good but will bad, etc.

you would need to know these variations and granular details by looking at each class (pathfinder rules here). some modules that are already created have classes progressions already coded, and fg just pulls data from that, so when you advance a "typical" class, everything will populated because they're already set up in the module. (fg has pathfinder base classes built-in, and there are modules available on the forum with more classes).

when you create a new class, you would have to enter everything in manually at each level, or unless you've created the dataset yourself and make it into a module -- with all the details of class progression for each level -- then load that module up in fg.

these are adjusted per class for game balance. so just use similar type for your new class.

hope that answers your question helps.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; April 24th, 2020 at 20:03.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...-base-bonuses/

From this: BAB = medium, Fort save = good, Reflex save = bad, Will save = bad.
    That page is for unchained rules. And if that is supposed to be for the living monolith, I don't see how you came to the conclusion you did when the bab says nothing about medium only d10 or 12, d8, or d6. And the saves don't match the levels.

ie, fort save says +1 at 1st level, but on unchained rules says 1/2 which i would assume be considered 0

FYI, not trying to be difficult here, but this whole process seems to be overly confusing.

I don't see how you came to the conclusion you did when the bab says nothing about medium only d10 or 12, d8, or d6. And the saves don't match the levels.
    Refer to "Hit Dice" in the page I originally posted:

it Dice: The type of Hit Die used by each class is almost always determined by its base attack bonus progression. Those on the slow progression get a d6, medium gets a d8, and fast gets a d10. There are a few exceptions to this rule (like the barbarian), but making this exception can be a significant boost to the class and should be considered when designing other class elements.

@tahl_liadon I'm not creating a new class for pathfinder, I'm creating an existing class in pathfinder for FG which is the Living Monolith which I posted the link above.

So where does this fit since the saves are between the good and bad you posted?
    living_monolith.png

Thread Information