FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Bestiary

Quote Originally Posted by Bolstaf View Post
    So here we are in March and still no PF2 Bestiary. Any idea on a release date yet?
    Nope. Hopefully fairly soon, but there are many moving parts.

Basically, we're not going to commit to any specific release date until it's basically released. I know that's frustrating, but we're not going to commit to anything until the final step of being approved by Paizo has been passed - and it will be released ASAP after that. But we're not up to that point yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Would rather have Bestiary than Lost Omens players but that's just me I guess.

Its not just you Dmbmedic
    Bestiary is very important but for now all we can do is use the one that the community put together (thanks a bunch for that guys!)

I don't think it's quite that simple, the Bestiary has a lot more to implement than all of the Lost Omens books. At least we have the super helpful community version for now

Shaderaven's Bestiary is a lifesaver. I've been using it this whole time. I'll still buy the official one when it comes out.
    The LO Character Guide will be good. But it's fairly easy to create your own backgrounds in the rules set.
    I've also been using the community creature parser extension (by Darrenan). I just copy and paste the stats for the NPCs from basically anywhere. The GMG. PFS modules. And I paste them in, and they are parsed right into their own FG sheet.
    Last edited by Milke; March 8th, 2020 at 19:48.

So... there's a lot of work going on in the background, with slow progress made towards getting this product to Paizo for QA review. It's a huge task, but we're making headway... We have lots of plans for automation within the Bestiary records, but the initial release will have the same level available in the base ruleset - with updates forthcoming to add in more NPC automation functionality (which will lead to more PC ability functionality too).

A couple of screenshots. The refman entry (and related image) for an Axiomite. Plus the 3 tabs of the NPC statblock.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is really nice to see. This kind of visual on the work being done really assures me that it is coming along nicely. Thank you for the update Trenloe!

I mean... This is all cool and everything but for real - I came by to look into purchasing FG to move my group to an online format to start our new PF2 game but... 8 months in and you don't have the Bestiary completed? No, not only that, you don't even have a timeone for it?? This does not inspire confidence in your ability to add new content. Going to have to look at other providers now. This is a bummer FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathbreaker View Post
    I mean... This is all cool and everything but for real - I came by to look into purchasing FG to move my group to an online format to start our new PF2 game but... 8 months in and you don't have the Bestiary completed? No, not only that, you don't even have a timeone for it?? This does not inspire confidence in your ability to add new content. Going to have to look at other providers now. This is a bummer FG.
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry this gives you a lack of confidence. The main holdup has been making this with the in house tools that SmiteWorks uses. This would have been out months ago if these tools didn't need to be developed first before we could make the Bestiary module. Plus we've been on-boarding another DLC developer. This all takes a lot of time and effort. The silver lining to this cloud is that it will allow us to produce products quicker in the future.

There is already more official Pathfinder Second Edition content for Fantasy Grounds than any other virtual tabletop. For example, 16 Paizo products in the FG store vs. 4 in the Roll20 marketplace. And each FG Pathfinder Second Edition product contains the statblocks needed to run the material.

There's a very good community bestiary module available if not having creature stats is your main issue.

Yes, I'm disappointed that the bestiary is not out yet too. But I wouldn't let that cloud your judgement and make a decision to move elsewhere. Personally, I think you'll be making a mistake and will end up with less material available to you, both now and in the future; not to mention a lot less functionality. Your choice, but I'd recommend you don't just jump because of the lack of an official Bestiary at this stage...
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 15th, 2020 at 23:49.

Ive been using the Pathfinder 2e stuff in FG since Pathfinder 2e came out, and honestly its not really bothered me. Ive been getting along fine with it as is.

My Current Game screenshot(conversion of old Pathfinder AP to PF2e)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information