DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Bestiary

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Might even be in the Lost Omens World Guide who knows.
    Nah. I think I'm OK mentioning this as Erik Mona posted the info on a Facebook group. The Lost Omens World Guide contains 7 or 8 backgrounds plus feats/focus spells for one archetype relevant to each of the 10 regions. Also a small number of items, feats and spells throughout the book. Nothing directly related to Ancestries. So my guess would be the Lost Omens Character Guide due the middle of October will have stuff like that in it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There will also be things like the Lost Omens Character Guide which adds a few races like lizardfolk, leshy, and Hobgoblins just to name a few as well as 10 new heritages. So there are some things in the pipeline that will expand the number of races you can play and I wouldn't doubt that orc will be in there or another book down the road. Might even be in the Lost Omens World Guide who knows.
    The orc ancestry will be in the Advanced Players Guide, in August 2020.

There will also be things like the Lost Omens Character Guide which adds a few races like lizardfolk, leshy, and Hobgoblins just to name a few as well as 10 new heritages. So there are some things in the pipeline that will expand the number of races you can play and I wouldn't doubt that orc will be in there or another book down the road. Might even be in the Lost Omens World Guide who knows.
    I imagine we won't be getting very many new orc feats until the Advanced Player's Guide, which is due next July and confirmed to include full ancestry rules for orcs.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see shadelon already posted that.

Just a request for the Bestiary.

The bestiary has a section for making elite/weak adjustments. I think that this would be great to implement as a toggle on creatures as opposed to needing to make a copy of a creature and applying the changes (or adding a keyword/effect)

Quote Originally Posted by robert4818 View Post

The bestiary has a section for making elite/weak adjustments. I think that this would be great to implement as a toggle on creatures as opposed to needing to make a copy of a creature and applying the changes (or adding a keyword/effect)
    I'm guessing that is part is what is covered by this:

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Probably September - there's a lot of behind the scenes parsing tools we need to put in place to do the Bestiary.

Quote Originally Posted by robert4818 View Post

I know in Pathfinder 1 you could apply templates, as they were called, would be nice to have something like the forge in D&D where you drop a creature and a template then merge them and have an elite version. The forge is for magic items though.

I know in Pathfinder 1 you could apply templates, as they were called, would be nice to have something like the forge in D&D where you drop a creature and a template then merge them and have an elite version. The forge is for magic items though.
    The part I'm talking about is a bit more straightforward though, which is why I'm looking for a simple toggle:

Sometimes you’ll want a creature that’s just a bit more powerful than normal so that you can present a challenge that would otherwise be trivial, or show that one enemy is stronger than its kin. To do this quickly and easily, apply the elite adjustments to its statistics as follows:
    • Increase the creature’s AC, attack modifiers, DCs, saving throws, Perception, and skill modifiers by 2.
    • Increase the damage of its Strikes and other offensive abilities by 2. If the creature has limits on how many times or how often it can use an ability (such as a spellcaster’s spells or a dragon’s Breath Weapon), increase the damage by 4 instead.
    • Increase the creature’s Hit Points based on its starting level (see the table below).

I'll look at something like this when I get to finalising the Bestiary. But this won't be a toggle - as I image that future products will introduce future adjustments, and so I want to make the process of applying adjustments flexible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll look at something like this when I get to finalising the Bestiary. But this won't be a toggle - as I image that future products will introduce future adjustments, and so I want to make the process of applying adjustments flexible.
    No Toggle is fine. I'm just wanting something simple that can be applied quickly/on the fly.

Any news on a release date??

Thread Information