5E Character Create Playlist

Is there a video on how to use maps > masking, centering and sizing.

Greetings Team,

Was there a 'how to' video on maps for FG? I am sure there is but I wanted more information on what 'masking' is and what the various settings do 'preload' and such.

I know dynamic lighting is coming and happy to hear it!

Also can i drop a PDF of a map into the images folder and will it be 'seen' by FG or do I need to change it to a JPG? I have dozens of the older P1 and AD&D (2e) modules in PDF and would love to use some of those maps but do my own story on them.

I can imagine some of you realizing I am using the map from Barrier peaks and going...HEY I RECOGNIZE THIS!! ...White Plume Mountain!

Have a look at the Videos page in the Wiki.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Greetings Team,

Was there a 'how to' video on maps for FG? I am sure there is but I wanted more information on what 'masking' is and what the various settings do 'preload' and such.

Also can i drop a PDF of a map into the images folder and will it be 'seen' by FG or do I need to change it to a JPG? I have dozens of the older P1 and AD&D (2e) modules in PDF and would love to use some of those maps but do my own story on them.

I can imagine some of you realizing I am using the map from Barrier peaks and going...HEY I RECOGNIZE THIS!! ...White Plume Mountain!
    In addition to the other videos you might watch, I do cover a bunch of the map functionality in a video here https://youtu.be/v5P05gOd5_o?t=5528. The maps section starts at around 1:32:00.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Good stuff, Mattekure. Thanks!

Also you can't drop a pdf into the images folder. Images need to be on their own and yes, jpg files.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    I think dynamic fog of war is coming - not dynamic lighting?

Yes, it's dynamic line-of-sight and fog-of-war. Vision and lighting will not be part of initial release, but is high on our list afterwards.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, it's dynamic line-of-sight and fog-of-war. Vision and lighting will not be part of initial release, but is high on our list afterwards.

Regards,
    JPG
    That's good to hear. From my time on Roll20, dynamic vision and lighting is the feature that I most want to see in Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information