FG Spreadshirt Swag

Savage Rifts Iconic Framework assistance

Good day,

In my ongoing Savage Rifts development, I've found out how to make it so that adding a race also adds that races abilities to the character sheet. I've also, with the assistance of others, figured out how to change it so that the Setting field in the Main tab is now a drag n' drop field for Iconic Framework. I've adjusted the IZ "Occupation" code for this. The only thing is that when dragging/dropping Iconic Frameworks here, the abilities of the iconic frameworks are not added to the sheet. Any way for this field to add to abilities on the sheet as well?

SR Iconic Frameworks.JPGSR Iconic Frameworks 2.JPG
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Excellent work, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Good day,

In my ongoing Savage Rifts development, I've found out how to make it so that adding a race also adds that races abilities to the character sheet. I've also, with the assistance of others, figured out how to change it so that the Setting field in the Main tab is now a drag n' drop field for Iconic Framework. I've adjusted the IZ "Occupation" code for this. The only thing is that when dragging/dropping Iconic Frameworks here, the abilities of the iconic frameworks are not added to the sheet. Any way for this field to add to abilities on the sheet as well?

SR Iconic Frameworks.JPGSR Iconic Frameworks 2.JPG
    Did you not ever figure this out? I got around to testing today and noticed that the Iconic Frameworks don't update anything (Juicer state increases, for example). Even when the abilities are dragged over manually from the framework card, they don't update. Is this a limitation of the system? I noticed that the Foundry version will do this, but the Fantasy Grounds version is the better Rifts system by far.

I just came here to ask about this. Glad it's being looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    Actually, I don't think it is. The last post I saw from the dev was that he didn't have time for development on this system anymore and would only be maintaining it. I think we might be SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    I will see if it is possible to do this, and if so, implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I will see if it is possible to do this, and if so, implement it.
    Thanks, Jiminimonka! It would definitely make character generation a lot easier for players.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    Thanks, Jiminimonka! It would definitely make character generation a lot easier for players.
    Looking at this, I can see why is doesn't auto-populate, too many variables. Thinking of a possible solution, would require an option window to pop-up (like it does in D&D 5e on level up) to pick and choose certain abilities or skills etc. I will look today and see if I can just make it add everything (and the GM and players will have to edit this to match the real limitations).

This will require some major work to fully automate, I will put it on my to-do list and talk with Ikael about it, but at the moment I have to prioritise the Super Powers Companion and then there are 5 other Savage Rifts products I am also working on.

So for now, we will have to carry on doing this manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Looking at this, I can see why is doesn't auto-populate, too many variables. Thinking of a possible solution, would require an option window to pop-up (like it does in D&D 5e on level up) to pick and choose certain abilities or skills etc. I will look today and see if I can just make it add everything (and the GM and players will have to edit this to match the real limitations).

This will require some major work to fully automate, I will put it on my to-do list and talk with Ikael about it, but at the moment I have to prioritise the Super Powers Companion and then there are 5 other Savage Rifts products I am also working on.

So for now, we will have to carry on doing this manually.
    Could we maybe just have it auto-populate the things that are static (stat bonuses, abilities,etc) with the understanding that anything with choices would be manual?

In the Foundry version, when I created a Juicer, dragging over the Juicer framework automatically applied all stat increases, populated the abilities, and even populated basic equipment. Even in 5e when you generate a fighter by dragging over a level, it will populate the abilities tab with something like “Fighting Style (choice)” or something.

I totally get what you’re saying. I’m just suggesting that there might be an easier way other than coming up with what is essentially a character generator for this one component.

Appreciate all of your hard work and looking forward to the other products you’re working on!

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with character creation, but what are the variables, aside from rolling on the tables? It seems to me from the half a dozen pregens I ported that everything listed under "Racial Abilities" for the Framework can be populated, just as they are for the Races.

Thread Information