DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Yep. PF2 ruleset.

If you look at Heinrick, you can see the tabs on the right side. He's currently in the Actions Tab. There are two ways to get a new section set up for the powers you might want to add. If you right click in the open space there's the option to Add Spell Class at the 6 o'clock position on the radial dial that pops up. Or, at the bottom of the sheet, on the right side, there's a little circled slash that you can click. It will show three options to the left of it after clicking it: one for Add Weapon, one for Add Spell Class, and one for Add Focus Spell Class. Choosing Add Spell Class either way will create the new box you can then edit for powers.

From there, you can see I put in a couple of new spells in the Level 0 box (next to Tradition, below Spell Roll and DC). This allows powers to be added in a Level 0 section.

After that, simple go to where it says Level 0 and right click there, or if you still have that circle slashed ticked, there will be a nice bright green circled + symbol that you can click to add new "spells".

Once you have a new, blank "spell" created, you can then go to the red box on the right to put in the details of the "spell" (in this case, I showed you what Rage held).

Finally, you can right click on your new power (spell) to create the Spell Actions, or in the case you see above, the Effects I added to Call on Ancient Blood and Rage. This will give you some options with Add Spell Action being the most important (though delete spell and add spell can both be useful). Add Spell Action will give you four new options. The first is a sword symbol that lets you put in things like Saving Throws and Attack bonuses. Saving throws are extremely useful here for power as many do force foes to save against one of the 3 base saving throw options. Damage is next (blood drop) to get a damage box you can then open and edit what damage dice, bonuses, etc., you want for a power (or spell). The plus symbol similarly lets you add healing powers. Finally, there's the little person to Add Effects as seen above. This is where I put in the DMG and SAVE features of the two powers, setting both to self (because they only target the PC itself) with one being a 1 minute duration and the other being on next action only.

I cannot stress enough how much just trial and error will help with learning how to use all the tools available, but I hope this sets you on the right path, and as I said before, there will always be people around here on the forums to try to help. I certainly hope that my efforts here set you on the right path and if there's any more clarification needed, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: Oh, couple more things to help. First, once you have things set up, you want to make sure they appear in both standard and combat DISPLAY mode (at the bottom). There two ways there as well. Setting the Abilities and Features to Spontaneous spell caster (the circled star symbol next to the "Title") is one way, or you can set MODE to Preparation and then make sure you click the little hollow circles next to the spell/power names to indicate that they are "prepared/learned".

When you get used to basic creation in there, this allows you to do more advanced things like set up spells/powers that might have limited uses, etc.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; August 6th, 2019 at 13:08.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Another example is my modifiers tab/window does not have this check box referred to also in this thread.
    Bottom Left Hand Corner of the screen - below the Chat Window, Left of the Dice.

I just want to say that all of you explaining to me in this thread are awesome. Shade and Trenloe and everyone, thank you for helping me 'learn' these small things with FG. I intend to be here a long time and like a kid I want to know it all. Your patience is most welcome!

Shade, I GOT IT! I found where to make it prepared. If i use it do I have to keep preparing it? (sneak attack). I could not find where to make the rogue a spontaneous caster. I could add new abilities but not sure where the setting was you are referring to.

Once it's prepared, it stays that way until you "unprepare it". So it will always be ready for use once you set it up.

The Prepared/Spontaneous button is that little icon right next to "Abilities and Features" on my screenshot. It can be clicked and changed around to various options.

Glad you got it going!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I want to say thanks to everyone who showed me how to add a 'power' to the rogue. In this case Sneak Attack.

Now How would I add 'Power attack' for a fighter? Is there a way to add the extra die if it hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Now How would I add 'Power attack' for a fighter? Is there a way to add the extra die if it hits?
    Use effects - add a one-roll DMG effect before making the damage roll. For example, if the damage dice of your weapon is 1d8, add the following effect: DMG: 1d8

Information on effects are in the User Guide section of the Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...PFRPG2_Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Last night we were trying to encode Shield Block, and the best we could come up with was RESIST: n bludgeoning; RESIST: n piercing; RESIST: n slashing. Is there any easier way? We figured out the hard way that DR was no longer a thing.

What's the difference between PERS and DMGO? They appear very similar on the wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    What's the difference between PERS and DMGO? They appear very similar on the wiki page.
    Currently, they're the same. In the future PERS will automate the DC15 flat check to remove. I'm not sure there's a need for DMGO anymore, but will leave it in just in case.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information