STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Are Flanking and sneak attack in FG P2?

Greetings.

Last night my friend and I were 'learn by doing' and playing out a combat.

A couple things. My friends characters > even though he had targeted the npc orcs when he rolled the dice did not target the npcs nor the damage. Mine did when I ran the npc or the henchman with him.

My dice were hidden but I found where to fix that.

When I moved past the mob with the chance to execute an attack of opportunity nothing flagged for him. Normal?

When the rogue was correctly positioned for flanking I did not get a flanking bonus (i manually added it) nor was there a way for me to add sneak attack to the roll. If its there can someone explain how?

Spell effects and damage like Divine lance are not showing at all. We figured out how to target the spell but could not get it to do dmg > cleric cantrip Divine Lance.

All i can think of for now. Happy Monday.

Blog Entries
    There is a little target checkbox top left hand corner of the modifier box.
    If you untick this your roll wont use targeting.

FG wont determine when flanking or AoO should occur. That is for the players and GM to decide.

Ok good to know. Does the 'uncheck' box you are mentioning refer to the GMs encounter box or the players or both?

If i want to add sneak attack dmg, how would i roll it to get the player to add it to her target?

The easiest way, imo, is to set up a Powers (spell) section for PC actions like that. Here's what Sneak Attack might look like:

Add a cantrip (so it's always usable), and then when the player has a sneak attack opportunity, they can click on the little person icon and it'll give them a one shot use of Sneak Attack damage to that character (this is why it's set to self and on next action).

It is important to note that the effect needs to be applied BEFORE the damage is rolled or it'll have to be added after. This helps with things like resistances, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

You sir are doing the Good Gamers work.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There is a little target checkbox top left hand corner of the modifier box.
    If you untick this your roll wont use targeting.

FG wont determine when flanking or AoO should occur. That is for the players and GM to decide.

Thank you but I cannot find this little box in the modifiers box you are talking about. Where is it in FG?

I must be on another game. My spell list looks nothing like yours Shade. I can make a cantrip but I can't get it to show itself as a power. When I open spells section its pretty limited.

Hi Larsenex

This is creating an effect that is applied to a PC - it's a power - nothing to do with spells, although it is located in the same area that spells are - hence the window title "SPELL/ABILITY EFFECT" - in this case you're creating a new ability effect.
    Check Zacchaeus's work on effects for more detailed info about how they work. Not sure how much tutorial material there is for PF, but he's done a lot in 5E and I think the scripting concepts are common across the rulesets - if not the same, it should point you in the right direction.

I'm going to show you a couple of example of what I do for now.. there are many ways to go about this, but here's how I've handled it on character sheets and creature entries. Let me know if you want to know how I do any of this to ensure you're getting the results you want out of it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Shade,

Is this example you are showing is this using the PF2 rule set? If so can you point me on what tab to get started? There is a lot under the hood with FG and I am just learning how to unlock it.

Another example is my modifiers tab/window does not have this check box referred to also in this thread.

Shade, in this example with the Powers sneak attack. You see that little person icon to the right of box containing the words 'Sneak attack' > I have no boxes that have it. It does appear in the combat tracker and I cant seem to build the power there. Perhaps I am looking to do this in the wrong place?
    Last edited by Larsenex; August 6th, 2019 at 13:46. Reason: add more info.

Thread Information