5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

AD&D map of Phlan and its slums

Hello everyone, I am wanting to go old school and run a pool of radiance adventure for my players. Using the AD&D 2E rules. But have not had any luck finding a map tto use, has anyone come across any maps for this old adventure? This is the adventure I'm wanting to run FRC1 Ruins of Adventure.

I ran it about a year ago I think. You are in luck, I've done a lot of them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...293SnoyNGNEbHM
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

OMG thank you Celestian, I didn't expect such a fast response for these maps

I will warn you, the adventure is kinda a mess in places. I would absolutely change it up.I changed up a lot in the middle.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I ran it at a table years ago, bent it to fit my home-brew world still have them notes, thanks again

I remember playing 1st, 2nd and 3.5 but the first two not clearly. Is 2e the one where the fireball is measured in square feet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Natewizard View Post
    I ran it at a table years ago, bent it to fit my home-brew world still have them notes, thanks again
    Sounds good! I ran through the video game as well to give me some ideas to work with on some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxx View Post
    I remember playing 1st, 2nd and 3.5 but the first two not clearly. Is 2e the one where the fireball is measured in square feet ?
    AD&D (all versions) and I think even 3, 4 and 5 all measure fireball area in square feet.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Paxx View Post
    I don't know how to reply to a reply,LOL but this is for Mr. Bill, I just read both the 2e and 5e versions of the Fireball spell and they are two total different spells. One is a powerful incineration spell that covers a 20' radius, 33,000 cubic feet, roughly = to - quantity: 33 - 10'x10'x10' cubes. Besides causing damage to creatures, the
    fireball ignites all combustible materials within its burst radius, and the heat of the
    fireball melts soft metals such as gold, copper, silver, etc. Exposed items require saving
    throws vs. magical fire to determine if they are affected, but items in the possession of a
    creature that rolls a successful saving throw are unaffected by the fireball.
    I got tired of typing.
    The other is a " blossom"
    A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a
    point you choose within range and then blossoms with
    a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature
    in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must
    make a Dexterity saving throw. The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable
    objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried.

What do you think, does the same 33,000 cubic still apply? 2e was a game where wizards were powerful and feared, now they're no more than glorified fairies. Now that's just one old DM's opinion.

Well, 33,000 cubic feet is just the volume of a 20' radius sphere. (technically its 33,510 cubic feet). so it sounds like they are the same size.
    Last edited by mattekure; August 5th, 2019 at 15:22.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I believe you're missing the point. If you sit down at a 5e D&D game and say my wizard cast a fireball right there on the ground, is it the size of a 40' diameter or a 80' diameter considering the full volume of the fireball on a flat surface? That not really a question because most young DMs now days think that a 20' radius fireball is a 20' diameter fireball on a flat surface.

Thread Information