FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 21 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I don't use any fonts explicitly. It's a problem with the ruleset. I'm probably using a control template inherited from PF2 or CoreRPG that is still using FGF fonts.

EDIT: The control I'm using (button_text_large) uses this font:

Code:
    <font name="button-white-large">
    	<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-11.fgf" />
    	<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Regular.ttf" name="Noto Sans" size="14" />
    	<color value="#FFFFFF" />
    	<shadow offset="1,1" color="#000000" />
    </font>
    Which seems to specify a TTF variant. Any idea why this wouldn't work in FGU? There isn't a ton of documentation on fonts in the wiki, none of the examples there have both <fgffile> and <ttf> elements so I'm not really sure how FG handles that. It looks like most of the fonts in CoreRPG are defined with both elements so I don't think that's the issue.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mporter/page12

Check this thread out - Celestian seems to have found a solution for the table importer extension - from what I could tell it was to add a font declaration to the main extension.xml - you could reach out to him though and see if his solution would work for you.

Folks bear with me, what is this parser used for? If I have the Monster PDFs or other PDFs from other 3rd party, does this extension allow me to copy n paste into Fantasy grounds?

Will this work in unity? (get used to me asking this now)

It should work for all statblocks that use Paizo's official format (so e.g. Bestiary, APs, SFS scenarios, ...). If 3rd parties follow the standard, it should work (with an emphasis on the "if" part).

Though be aware you'll have to do a bit of cleaning up (linebreaks, action icons, ...).

I don't know about Unity though.

Yea. Dunno about Unity yet.
    But this absolutely lets you parse in your own creatures.
    You just have to make sure the format is exactly right when you hit the parse button.
    Make sure each line starts where it should. No extra spaces, etc.
    I use notepad to get it right. Then I copy and paste.
    For the actions, it's [[A]] for one action. [[R]] for a reaction. [[F]] for free.

It does not seem to be working particularly well in FGU. Spells don't seem to be getting fully populated, and there's a lot of weird white space everywhere. I would recommend doing all your parsing in FGC and exporting to module for now. Once exported, it _should_ be usable in FGU. I don't plan on making any effort to find and fix the issues until FGU is officially released.
    Last edited by darrenan; March 23rd, 2020 at 21:12.

I've been scouring this thread trying to find where I thought someone had posted it.. but it's all kind of a blur from staring at my screen.
    Didn't someone post about how to make the action icons in Unity? I know the [[A]] and all that works in FGC, but leaves a blank space in FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Didn't someone post about how to make the action icons in Unity? I know the [[A]] and all that works in FGC, but leaves a blank space in FGU.
    Check the Wiki userguide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Action_Symbols

Note that the Unity symbol replacement will only work in ruleset release 14 - which is in the test channel presently.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Version 1.2 is now available from Post #2 along with version 1.1. Version 1.1 should be used with ruleset releases less than 14. Version 1.2 should be used with ruleset releases 14 and beyond. See chat window after loading campaign for the ruleset release number.

When using version 1.2 you should now split ability titles onto their own line in the stat block control. The body of abilities can be multiple lines, but the ability should be terminated with an empty line. Example:

ability example.jpg

Note that you can combine lines of text into a single line by selecting them all and pressing CTRL+J.

If you don't do the ability splitting above, the ruleset will still try to break out the ability title line from the description using a few different rules such as looking for closing parentheses and what not.

As always, there is no harm in editing the stat block after you've pushed the Parse button, and then parsing it again.
    Last edited by darrenan; March 27th, 2020 at 23:39.

I'm trying to add the Doorwarden manually using the Creature Parser, but I'm not sure where it's going wrong. The error message I'm getting is the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:11: attempt to index local 's' (a nil value) (What does this mean?)

I notice that the normal attacks aren't being parsed, but not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.

Below you'll find what I'm trying to parse.

DOORWARDEN CREATURE 5
    UNCOMMON LN LARGE CONSTRUCT
    Perception +13; low-light vision, see invisibility
    Languages Common
    Skills Athletics +13, Intimidation +11
    Str +6, Dex +0, Con +3, Int –1, Wis +1, Cha +2
    Items longsword, steel shield (Hardness 5, HP 20, BT 10) with shield boss
    AC 22 (24 with shield raised); Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +10
    HP 60; Immunities bleed, death effects, disease, doomed, drained, fatigued, healing, necromancy, nonlethal attacks, paralyzed, poison, sickened, unconscious; Resistances physical 5 (except bludgeoning)
    Attack of Opportunity [reaction]
    Reactive Shield [reaction] Trigger An enemy hits the doorwarden with a melee Strike. Effect The doorwarden can Raise its Shield and gain its shield’s benefit to AC against the triggering attack.
    Shield Block [reaction] When the doorwarden uses Shield Block against a melee attack from a creature within 5 feet, it can also push the creature 5 feet.
    Speed 20 feet
    Melee [one-action] longsword +15 (reach 10 feet, versatile P), Damage 1d8+9 slashing
    Melee [one-action] shield boss +15, Damage 1d6+9 bludgeoning
    Melee [one-action] door +13, Damage 1d4+8 bludgeoningInnate Arcane Spells DC 19; 2nd see invisibility
    Imitate Door [one-action] (concentrate) Until the next time it acts, the doorwarden appears to be a door. It has an automatic result of 31 on Deception checks and DCs to pass as a door.
    Slam Doors [two-actions] (concentrate) The door opens and slams its doors, making two door Strikes against one creature. If both hit, the creature is grabbed—stuck between the doors. The doorwarden’s multiple attack penalty doesn’t increase until it has finished both attacks.
    THE FIRST DOORWARDENS
    Elves crafted the original doorwardens in honor of their goddess of portals, Alseta. Such doorwardens (such as the one in this volume’s adventure) are similar to the one presented here, but they speak Elven instead of Common, wield specially crafted elven curve blades rather than longswords, and may have great knowledge of elven culture and religion.
    Last edited by Grivenger; March 28th, 2020 at 15:46.

Doesn't repro for me with v1.1 of the extension. Can you confirm which version of the extension and ruleset you're using? Should be ruleset release 13 and v1.1. Also, what other extensions are you using?

Thread Information