FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 21 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    I think Foxit Reader copied the action icons correctly, Adobe Reader did not.

I used Adobe Reader to copy from both Bestiary and GMG, and there is definitely a difference. When copying with Foxit do the action icons get copied the same from both books, or is there a difference?

Just double-checked: Adobe Reader does not recognize [one-action] in the ones I tested, Foxit recognizes some. Bodyguard/Mage for Hire did not work, Fence and Assassin for example worked.

Suffice it to say, there seems to be some weird formating issues going on on Paizo's end...

Ive also found cut/pasting sometimes puts in funny little invisible control characters, if it gets confused. Ive had a couple of stat blocks where they wont parse no matter what. I drop them in notepad++ (Not Notepad! Notepad++) Remove all the double spaces and funny characters and BINGO!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

When I copy and parse (haha), I copy everything into notepad first. Then find the beginning of a line, backspace, hit Enter to start a new line, etc etc.
    I copy everything up until I get to the first action icon. Then I just manually type in [[A]], then copy and paste the stuff after. It takes a couple of minutes, but it's not a huge deal.

I save all the stat blocks. So if I need to open one up and insert it into a certain campaign, it's right there to use. Since I don't know how to put monsters in the program that will pop up in every campaign's menu.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Can you let me know a stat blocks that exhibit this? I have the GMG PDF so I can try to replicate on my side. Thanks.

One thing I did notice is that the GMG is not representing the action icons in the same way as the bestiary. In the bestiary, if you copy a stat block and then paste it into notepad you'll see that the action icons are actually translated to something readable like "[one-action]". They weren't nice enough to do that in the GMG, instead you get some unreadable junk that you need to manually convert.

Also, all the stat blocks in the bestiary have line breaks in right place and use word wrap. Looks like whoever authored the GMG used line breaks extensively. I would recommend after pasting stat blocks from the GMG to do the following:

1) find any action icons that were turned into garbage characters and convert them to [one-action], [two-actions], [three-actions], [reaction] or [free-action] as appropriate. The parser will then handle those correctly.
    2) select any stat block lines that are broken across multiple line and hit crtl-j to consolidate them back into a single line. This usually happens for spell lines and occasionally skills and other places. My parser expects stat block items to be on a single line and will definitely get confused if they are not. I'm sorry it works that way, it's not terribly sophisticated and is not a full-blown parser. It generally relies on line breaks and regular expressions to get the job done.
    Assassin was one, however Stephan was able to produce that with no error. Poacher was another that recently did it. I can send you my txt file if you'd like to see it.

Just for the hell of it I tried it in FGU, the button labels are blank. I suspect it because you used FGF fonts. Apparently FGU wont support them (which is why the Action symbols dont work either I believe). Other than that it seemed to work
    I don't use any fonts explicitly. It's a problem with the ruleset. I'm probably using a control template inherited from PF2 or CoreRPG that is still using FGF fonts.

EDIT: The control I'm using (button_text_large) uses this font:

Code:
    <font name="button-white-large">
    	<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-11.fgf" />
    	<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Regular.ttf" name="Noto Sans" size="14" />
    	<color value="#FFFFFF" />
    	<shadow offset="1,1" color="#000000" />
    </font>
    Which seems to specify a TTF variant. Any idea why this wouldn't work in FGU? There isn't a ton of documentation on fonts in the wiki, none of the examples there have both <fgffile> and <ttf> elements so I'm not really sure how FG handles that. It looks like most of the fonts in CoreRPG are defined with both elements so I don't think that's the issue.
    Last edited by darrenan; March 10th, 2020 at 22:09.

You would have to ask Trenloe but I believe he hasn't done the TTF version yet with the symbols. I suspect perhaps NotoSans-Regular.ttf doesn't exist in the graphics/font folder for PF2? But I haven't looked at the code really so couldn't be sure
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

PF2 doesn't explicitly delete that font. Since PF2 is layered on top of CoreRPG the font should still be there. Maybe I should just create my own button template using a different font...

@Milke
    To create things for other Campaigns. Just export it as a NPC module. Library>Export Fill out all the info on the top select the NPCS and hit export. Then you can open the module in other campaigns.
    Madman..

Here is a "video" From Dave..
    Last edited by madman; March 11th, 2020 at 00:40.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information