STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 21 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Updated version, with fix for negative level issue, is now in post #2.
    Can you expound on "parsing spells is still flaky"? If you provide an example or two I can see what can be done to improve it.

Here ya go,
    First go.png
    Second Go.png
    Hope it makes sense
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Upon further review, it seems there are some major chunks of work in the spells area that didn't get done. I was missing more than half of the focus spell class/type/traditions, and slots for spontaneous casters never got coded up. I started work on it today, will try to get it done in the next day or two.

Nice!
    I did get the feeling that sometimes it simply didnt recognize things.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Paizo decided to change the way they specify focus points. Focus points can come from two different places. Gamemastery Guide specifies them before DC. Example:

Bard Composition Spells 1 Focus Point, DC 22; 3rd counter...

Bestiary specifies them within the spell level, within parentheses. Example:

Champion Devotion Spells DC 20; 3rd (1 Focus Point) lay on hands

This is complicating parsing a little bit...

v1.1 has been uploaded to post #2. I think most of the spell issues are resolved now. As always, if you find something that doesn't work point me to the stat block and I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • If you create a new NPC record, go directly to the Parse tab, paste the statblock and hit PARSE, you will end up with spell classes and levels, but no spells on the Actions tab. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why, and how to fix this. As a workaround, it seems like you need to make the Actions tab visible at least once before parsing.
    Is it because you just need to go to Preparation mode in the spells tab and make sure the spells are prepared in memory? Then lock it back.

Just for the hell of it I tried it in FGU, the button labels are blank. I suspect it because you used FGF fonts. Apparently FGU wont support them (which is why the Action symbols dont work either I believe). Other than that it seemed to work

I've been trying to parse the gmg npcs and occasionally I get the error "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:11: attempt to index local 's' (a nil value)" Some NPCs parse fine, others give me that error.
    I take the stat block and put it in notepad and adjust it as necessary, but I can't figure out what causes it. Usually when I get that error it doesn't parse past the npcs speed field.

Edit: I'm sure I've got a space somewhere there shouldn't be. I'm just not sure where to look for it.
    Last edited by H2Os; March 9th, 2020 at 14:40.

Can you let me know a stat blocks that exhibit this? I have the GMG PDF so I can try to replicate on my side. Thanks.

One thing I did notice is that the GMG is not representing the action icons in the same way as the bestiary. In the bestiary, if you copy a stat block and then paste it into notepad you'll see that the action icons are actually translated to something readable like "[one-action]". They weren't nice enough to do that in the GMG, instead you get some unreadable junk that you need to manually convert.

Also, all the stat blocks in the bestiary have line breaks in right place and use word wrap. Looks like whoever authored the GMG used line breaks extensively. I would recommend after pasting stat blocks from the GMG to do the following:

1) find any action icons that were turned into garbage characters and convert them to [one-action], [two-actions], [three-actions], [reaction] or [free-action] as appropriate. The parser will then handle those correctly.
    2) select any stat block lines that are broken across multiple line and hit crtl-j to consolidate them back into a single line. This usually happens for spell lines and occasionally skills and other places. My parser expects stat block items to be on a single line and will definitely get confused if they are not. I'm sorry it works that way, it's not terribly sophisticated and is not a full-blown parser. It generally relies on line breaks and regular expressions to get the job done.
    Last edited by darrenan; March 9th, 2020 at 17:24.

Thread Information