DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 21 First 1234513 ... Last
    I looked at the line number reported by the script error, and it indicates a misformatted stat block. It's not finding the Skills line after the Languages line. If the Skills entry is optional, I'll need to make some changes to accomodate that. I also see an opportunity to add some more informative error handling and checks. I'm really interested to see what you're passing in that's causing this error.

Hey darrenan... now that you mention it... there are some in that Bestiary that have the skills block before the languages (see Gnolls for an example). I have no problem sending you reports and I figured we'd run into stuff like this. I am almost done with CR 3s, but am happy to help with this project along the way. I'll test it out more to see if just moving skills around solves this one and I'll send you stat blocks going forward with the error codes associated.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Okay, went at it right away... This time with Gorilla.

So, because Gorilla had no Languages, it didn't work... (Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_parse.lua"]:99: attempt to index local 's' (a nil value)).
    This was solved by simply adding to the Parser field, after Perception, Languages none. From there, I just had to press PARSE and the rest populated pretty nicely as follows:

Obviously, some cleanup needs to be done from there (I make a lot of use of the Spells tab, plus some formatting, etc), but this is a great start! I might be able to do more than one Creature Level a day with this even if this was the end of its extent, and I know you plan on making it even better!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Oops... I forgot to mention....
    Perception is going nicely into Initiative, but it's removing perception from, well, Perception... The Gorilla above is a good example. That field really needs to populate both initiative and stay within the Perception box as a clickable action. Easy clean-up for now, obviously, so not a big problem, but as you fine tune, that would be a nice tweak.

Thanks again!

Edit: also, just noticed that the Gorilla's stat block (STR..) didn't get picked up either. Not sure on that one as things like AC, Saves, and HPs did fill thereafter.

Minor tweak:

When I tested Hell Hound, the Weaknesses field came out as Weaknesses cold 5 instead of just cold 5. Also, immunity fire included the ;.

No big deals, but as you tweak minor things, thought you should know. Let me know if these little reports get annoying

Wight causes a problem:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_parse.lua"]:153: attempt to index local 'sSection' (a nil value)

Looks a little deeper in the script, but really starts to mess up after AC and Saves are added.

Version 0.6 is now attached to post #2. See post #1 for changes.

@Trenloe - Do you have any contacts at Paizo you can ask about the future of Focus spells in NPC stat blocks? Bestiary 1 doesn't have any examples of "Focus Spells" per se, but has one each of "Champion Devotion Spells" and "Druid Order Spells", which seem to be the only examples of Focus spells in the book. I'm wondering if I should be planning ahead for "Bard Composition", "Cleric Domain", "Monk Ki", "Sorcerer Bloodline", and "Wizard School" in the future as well?

really nice work, one question how do you get the icons for actions and reactions to appear when you parse?

really nice work, one question how do you get the icons for actions and reactions to appear when you parse?

Also im trying to parse a pfs adventure and i get this message Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_parse.lua"]:34: attempt to index local 'sStatBlock' (a nil value)
    , the thirdparty material is parsing fine apart from the lack of action and reaction icons

Thread Information