FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 21 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Craft View Post
    This extension file is empty, the reason for it not showing up in the load screen. can't extract nor read content when converted to a .zip file, the extract menu says the file is empty.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Yeah, this is the main issue - the file has been compressed using something other than ZIP compression. FG can only read standard ZIP compression.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok I am still new and will not likely be using this just yet.

I am not sure what a parser is for use as an add on.

Is this to help the GM create NPC/Monster entries manually?

Hmm. I used 7-zip, which is what I normally used. Unfortunately I'm taking a road-trip today so I won't be able to look at this until tomorrow. For now I'll just remove the extension link and put the coming soon text back in place.

@Larsenex This extension lets you create NPC/Creature records inside Fantasy Grounds using a copied stat block from an outside source such as PDF. We know from our experience in PF1 that such a tool is generally useful to GMs. Right now there isn't a lot of creature content out there (just Bestiary 1) but eventually there will be 3PP that perhaps don't deliver their products in the FG store, and GMs will need a way to avoid manual data entry in these cases. Also, such a tool will be useful to folks creating 'official' modules (Bestiary 2 and onward) to speed their work.

New version of the extension has been attached to post #2. This time I just used Windows SendTo->Compressed (zipped) functionality, hopefully this does the trick. I'm at work so I can't test it right now, if someone else could verify it works I would appreciate it. Otherwise, like I said before, I'll get to it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    New version of the extension has been attached to post #2. This time I just used Windows SendTo->Compressed (zipped) functionality, hopefully this does the trick. I'm at work so I can't test it right now, if someone else could verify it works I would appreciate it. Otherwise, like I said before, I'll get to it tomorrow.
    Yep, that works.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, I'll need to double-check my 7zip settings when I get home then. I just got a new computer and there is probably some setting I overlooked.

The extension that didn't work was using LZMA2 compression if that helps?

I keep getting the same error on parsing:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_parse.lua"]:69: attempt to index local 'sSection' (a nil value)

Anything in particular I need to clean up before trying to parse? I am literally cutting from the CREATURE NAME CREATURE # line, and the name and "level" is going in, plus the traits (though that is currently ending with a ,). A couple of creatures got initiative in as well, but the perception field is where things start to fall apart. It's not picking that up, sometimes putting in the post ; items and skills... other times, it's just blank with nothing else listed from that point on in either case.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

See the "REPORTING BUGS/ISSUES" post above, and the caveats in post 1. You can PM the entire stat block you're trying to me directly and I'll a take a look when I get back in town tomorrow. NOTE: This extension should be considered pre-Alpha quality as I've only run a handful of creatures from the Bestiary 1 PDF through it so far.

There are many places where I assume that things like strikes and abilities are delimited by CR/LF, so make sure there aren't any such things split across multiple lines, or multiple items on the same line only separated by white space. I've already found a couple instances in the Bestiary of Melee strikes split across lines. Eventually I might be able to implement some logic to account for this, but I'm trying to keep it simple and work toward completeness first before adding any more complicated logic.

Thread Information