STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 21 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Hello,
    I have tried the last example from mantis and i have this error when i click on "Parse" : (see parse error.jpg)
    And this result : (see parse result.jpg)

I see no melee or ranged attack... and ability score is missing...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Works for me, are you using other extensions?

yes but i tried without extension to be sure and i have the same problem
    Edit : I use FGU
    Last edited by Karzoug; October 7th, 2020 at 21:14.

Tried in FGU. While I did not get the script error, I did notice that the example stat block above did not parse correctly because the negative ability modifiers were not using a hyphen character, but rather one of the other hyphen-like characters. There is a function I run at the beginning to fix these kinds of characters, and this function does the replacement correctly on FGC but not FGU for some reason. I will attempt to modify this function to find all of the variations of hyphen but in the meantime please make sure that any minus signs are using the hyphen character (do a global search and replace for anything that looks like a hyphen with the actual hyphen character on your keyboard).

P.S. I have added some error checking to catch the script error you reported and log it. It will be in the next release of the extension, whenever that happens.

Ok sorry it was my fault, it works now. i did not get the script error anymore and i confirm i have hyphen and i must replace by minus.

Version 1.2.5 is now attached to post #2. This fixes an issue where spells would not get populated from modules when running in FGU.

Hello darrenan,
    if you have a bit of time, would it be possible to double check if the new ruleset update didn't break anything? So far no errors are triggered, but just to be safe

Cheers!

Certainly can, although because of the way the extension is structured it is very self-contained and doesn't overlap much with the PF2 ruleset Hence, it is largely immune to problems stemming from ruleset updates.

this stat block won't parse any further than the name line

Sea Devil Scout Creature 2
    LE MEDIUM AMPHIBIOUS HUMANOID SEA DEVIL
    Perception +9; darkvision, wavesense 30 feet
    Languages Aquan; shark commune 150 feet
    Skills Athletics +9 (+11 to Swim), Intimidation +5, Stealth +8, Survival +7
    Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha -1
    Items longspear, spear
    Shark Commune (mental, telepathy)
    The sea devil can communicate telepathically with sharks within range. It can communicate only simple concepts like ''come,'' ''guard,'' or ''attack.''
    AC 18; Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7
    HP 30
    Melee [one-action] longspear +11 (reach 10 feet), Damage 1d8+3 piercing
    Melee [one-action] claw +11 (agile), Damage 1d6+3 slashing
    Melee [one-action] jaws +11, Damage 1d8+3 piercing
    Ranged [one-action] spear +12 (thrown 20 feet), Damage 1d6+3 piercing
    Blood Frenzy [free-action] (rage)
    Requirements The sea devil is not fatigued or already in a frenzy. Trigger The sea devil deals bleed damage to a living creature. Effect The sea devil flies into a frenzy that lasts 1 minute. While frenzied, the sea devil gains a +1 status bonus to attack rolls with its claws and jaws, gains a +4 status bonus to damage rolls with its claws and jaws, gains 7 temporary HP until the end of the frenzy, and takes a -2 status penalty to AC. The sea devil can't voluntarily stop its frenzy. After its frenzy, the sea devil is fatigued.

Bloodletting
    When the sea devil deals piercing or slashing damage, it also deals 1d4 persistent bleed damage if the target was flat-footed or if the attack was a critical hit.

i have since realised its in the bestairy1 but im still curious as to why it won't parse?

Thread Information