DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: More automation

When we add items to a character's equipment list, it should subtract the cost of that item from their credits. Right now, we have to do all our accounting in a separate character sheet in Excel. It would be better if character finances could all be managed within FG.

So, if a group finds a case of ACRs, they have to pay for them when they add them to their character sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by antoneagle View Post
    When we add items to a character's equipment list, it should subtract the cost of that item from their credits. Right now, we have to do all our accounting in a separate character sheet in Excel. It would be better if character finances could all be managed within FG.
    As Andraax has said, how would we allow people to move items between characters, pick up 'treasure' etc. An item has a class associated to it, I don't see how we can differentiate things to make this work, sorry.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Actually, a trick I use when I'm setting up stuff like "packages" (or pre-filled "backpacks") in FG is to create a parcel with the items, and the total cost as a negative on the money side of the parcel. If you drag and drop that parcel onto the inventory tab, it subtracts the money for you. Don't know if works for sure in the Traveller rulesets, but I've done it in other rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by antoneagle View Post
    How about a different approach -- have a button/option in the inventory page by an item that when clicked, subtracts the cost from funds. It's a little cumbersome but so is having to go to a separate program to manage funds and easily ignorable for those who don't like extra clicks/to do it old school.
    --

Oh wait! Now I'm a Crusader!!!

One ruleset side method to accomplish reducing credits from an item purchase without doing it over and over again when things are moved around would be to add a flag when a character first purchases the item like bPurchase = 1 (or however you want) and then check if bPurchase = 1 then don't deduct from the credits because it has already been deducted. Could probably be added into the XML instead. Just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    One ruleset side method to accomplish reducing credits from an item purchase without doing it over and over again when things are moved around would be to add a flag when a character first purchases the item like bPurchase = 1 (or however you want) and then check if bPurchase = 1 then don't deduct from the credits because it has already been deducted. Could probably be added into the XML instead. Just thinking out loud.
    So, if the party finds a case of ACRs in a warehouse and decides to "liberate" one of them, and that player has never bought an ACR, they have to pay for the item? Or, a player bought a PMGP once on Regina, and can now go into any other weapon shop in the known universe, and all PGMPs are free of charge?

I believe there are many stuff that could use automation, but this doesn't seem like it needs it. Looking at other rulesets they don't, it is a one time deal. It is easy enough to do manually. Some people use money others don't.

What if the PC uses his Merchant 2 skill to negotiate a great price for that rad scanner he wants, a 30% decrease. But when he drags and drops it onto his inventory, he has to pay full price for it?

Yeah... good points. I take it back. Auto subtracting cost would be a problem. I guess we will just manage this in Excel.

Thread Information