DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last

Great, I will try this when I get some time to

Thank for the news and notification

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    There's a problem with your tag creation code.
    I dragged in Mind Thrust and it appears to be missing the dividers between tags.
    Attachment 40916
    That is normal, that is part of the creation for spells which come from modules, spaces are also used as dividers So, you can separate tags with semicolons, colons, spaces and probably other things The semicolon was just standard due to legacy of a very early save versus tags code

The reason is the following: When the parser parses tags of spells from modules, then I need to add some divider at the beginning because there could be already tags But it could also be that there are no tags yet, and then the space is the best neutral option, to avoid having a semicolon at the beginning (I could let the code check whether or not that thing is empty if that is confusing )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    That is normal, that is part of the creation for spells which come from modules, spaces are also used as dividers So, you can separate tags with semicolons, colons, spaces and probably other things The semicolon was just standard due to legacy of a very early save versus tags code

The reason is the following: When the parser parses tags of spells from modules, then I need to add some divider at the beginning because there could be already tags But it could also be that there are no tags yet, and then the space is the best neutral option, to avoid having a semicolon at the beginning (I could let the code check whether or not that thing is empty if that is confusing )
    It's a little confusing, but not a big deal if it's working as intended
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayako View Post
    Great, I will try this when I get some time to

Thank for the news and notification
    Hehe, you are welcome

It's a little confusing, but not a big deal if it's working as intended
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Ah oki, yeah, since I now have basically just one extension to manage, I can now easier push such small updates So, when I do not forget it, then I try to change that in the next time

In PF1e:
    The creature is also treated as one level lower for the purpose of level-dependent variables (such as spellcasting) for each negative level possessed. Spellcasters do not lose any prepared spells or slots as a result of negative levels.
    Not sure about 3.5E, but now you can automate NLVL fully thanks to the new update
    NLVL: 1: CL: -1; CLC: -1
    Last edited by bmos; November 14th, 2020 at 15:39.

In PF1e:

Not sure about 3.5E, but now you can automate NLVL fully thanks to the new update
    NLVL: 1: CL: -1; CLC: -1
    Cool Though I think you just need NVL: 1; CL: -1, since the CL also contributes to the CLC, or that is something PF1 specific I overlook

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Cool Though I think you just need NVL: 1; CL: -1, since the CL also contributes to the CLC, or that is something PF1 specific I overlook
    Oh, I was remembering how it was when I had worked on it. Glad you have simplified there

uhm, of course I could be missing something, and just jumping in between the two of you

this intrigued me, as it came up when I was messing around but have CL: -1 doesnt seem to be working for concentration checks

ie : the CC check

Screenshot 2020-11-16 172229.png

"When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus"

this character has a WIS: 14

CL: 3

and NLVL: 1

his concentration check should be: 1d20 + 4, after effects, and in the attachment, it is not

I think what you really need to represent a negative level in pf1e is

negative level effect; NLVL: 1; CL: -1; COC: -1
    .. let me know if i'm wrong
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; November 16th, 2020 at 16:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    uhm, of course I could be missing something, and just jumping in between the two of you

this intrigued me, as it came up when I was messing around but have CL: -1 doesnt seem to be working for concentration checks

ie : the CC check

Screenshot 2020-11-16 172229.png

"When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus"

this character has a WIS: 14

CL: 3

and NLVL: 1

his concentration check should be: 1d20 + 4, after effects, and in the attachment, it is not

I think what you really need to represent a negative level is

.. let me know if i'm wrong
    Yes, the concentration check in PF1 is not affected I mentioned this in the last update notes:
    A word about the CL effect for the PF1 users: It won't update the concentration check, please use the COC effect separetely then I decided to do so because then it is for you easy to decide whether or not bonusses to CL and concentration stack by choosing bonus types in the COC effects Otherwise I would need to add some code which checks for all COC and CL effects, and which then checks the stacking, when you roll concentration (FG's code does not check stacking of different type of effects of course) (and another problem is that the concentration does not know about tags due to that it is not spell-specific. In that way the CL is always compatible with IFTAG)
    So, yes, for PF1 one needs to add COC, for 3.5e one does not need to add anything (in my answer to bmos I did not think about that it was about PF1 )

perfect

good explanation!

Thread Information