STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Literally (copy/pasted) it's
    IFTAG: necromancy; SAVE: -2
    I also set a dwarf with IFTAG: spell; IFTAG; spellike; IFTAG: poison; SAVE: 2 racial and it works, but it keeps adding +2 to every save
    An elf with IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2 racial which adds +2 to every save.

In the image each effect has a name tag ("nanità" for the dwarf or "Elf" for the elf, and of course I tried removing those but it still doesn't work)

As for what extensions are running... I run a 3.5 game so I use
    - 3.5e flat-footed on combat start
    - 5e - change initiative, update effects (it works in 3.5 too)
    - Basic Card Deck Tables
    - Calendar Export
    - Combat Timer
    - Customized Item Generator
    - DOE: Alignment/Base/Locations/Organizations/weather extensions
    - Drop Lowest
    - Fantasy Languate Fonts
    - Formation Graphics
    - Full OverlayPackage 3.5e (I had the previous "save vs effect tag" on and working, but as I updated to 3.3.8 and upgraded to this, it keeps adding the bonuses no matter what. And the previous extension doesn't work well anymore)
    - Masks custom Desktop decals
    - Message of the day
    - Moon Tracker
    - Remove Effect Tag
    - Theme - Dungeon

EDIT
    fgdesktop.png

EDIT 2
    fgdesktop2.png
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; August 9th, 2019 at 20:27. Reason: added image

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Literally (copy/pasted) it's
    IFTAG: necromancy; SAVE: -2
    I also set a dwarf with IFTAG: spell; IFTAG; spellike; IFTAG: poison; SAVE: 2 racial and it works, but it keeps adding +2 to every save
    An elf with IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2 racial which adds +2 to every save.

In the image each effect has a name tag ("nanità" for the dwarf or "Elf" for the elf, and of course I tried removing those but it still doesn't work)

As for what extensions are running... I run a 3.5 game so I use
    - 3.5e flat-footed on combat start
    - 5e - change initiative, update effects (it works in 3.5 too)
    - Basic Card Deck Tables
    - Calendar Export
    - Combat Timer
    - Customized Item Generator
    - DOE: Alignment/Base/Locations/Organizations/weather extensions
    - Drop Lowest
    - Fantasy Languate Fonts
    - Formation Graphics
    - Full OverlayPackage 3.5e (I had the previous "save vs effect tag" on and working, but as I updated to 3.3.8 and upgraded to this, it keeps adding the bonuses no matter what. And the previous extension doesn't work well anymore)
    - Masks custom Desktop decals
    - Message of the day
    - Moon Tracker
    - Remove Effect Tag
    - Theme - Dungeon

fgdesktop.png
    thanks It is surely due to incompatibilities with extensions since the full Overlay package works for me, too:

1. The flatfooted one should not affect save versus tags but it surely affects the Full OverlayPackage (though my full Overlay package should overwrite it). Better turn it off, sadly the files, which are affected by the 3.3.8 update, are changed by the flatfooted extension again. So, that extension already may affect some of the new things in 3.3.8. You could write in that thread in the hope for an update for this But it is still incompatible with my extensions, I may try to insert the flat-footed extension in my extensions at some point

2. Could you try to download the Full Overlay Package again? Maybe you've gotten an older version When it still doesn't work, then please try it without any other extension loaded (especially without the flatfooted one)

3. The resistance effect for dwarves should be btw IFTAG: spell, spelllike, poison; SAVE: 2 racial When the extension starts to work for you, then your way of the effect would only work against spells which are also spelllike and poison at the same time Writing these tags next to each other with just a comma results then into an effect which starts to work when at least one of these tags is there

Ok i re-downloaded the file and noticed something... the "new" file is 1,5 Mb or so, while the one I had was 248 kb somehow... it works now (I tried pretty much everything except a re-download... aww)
    Thank you!!

Ok i re-downloaded the file and noticed something... the "new" file is 1,5 Mb or so, while the one I had was 248 kb somehow... it works now (I tried pretty much everything except a re-download... aww)
    Thank you!!
    Hehe, you're welcome Seemingly the download was disrupted because the file of the Overlay Package was never that small at some point

But I am really not sure if the flat-footed extension still fully works and/or affects other extensions as well So whenever you see another error then it might be still due to that

Hi all

With the 3.3.9 update I want to push some other new features in this extension, too, like automation of true seeing and some other things (see the attached image for a teaser ).

Teaser.png

My long term goal is to extend the settings of spell actions in such a way that maneuvers of all possible sorts can be configured, too, like feint or the ones in tome of battle. For this I now implemented a configuration button when things should reset (after long rest or already after a short rest like many maneuvers in tome of battle or never as for consumables) and one can also change the ability stat for the DC individually for each spell/action (since many maneuvers in tome of battle use different stats, that's not given by the "maneuver class"), but only when needed. This button will always automatically take the standard attribute when not changed. These things will be released with 3.3.9

The reason why I already write is the other thing in the picture about skills and optional opposed skill rolls (or general rolls). This is not yet automated (and you will not see these fields in the next release) but the aim for these fields is of course an automation of forcing specific skill or ability rolls from your target which may also be useful for some spells and not only for maneuvers. (I may also implement the opposed roll for the save roll such that one can configure some of the bard spells like countersong) The question is now if there is any further automation needed for such things like one has for saves (evasion etc.)? Before I start coding that I wanted to make sure what one can/should automate besides the physical dice such that I can start to write the code in such a way that further automation can easily be implemented later on. Personally, I do not know if there is any other important automation for these rolls besides having automated dice because the outcome of failures and successes depends strongly on the maneuver, I didn't see (yet) any often upcoming result

But I thought I could ask here before, so when someone can think of specific automation for forced skill rolls for maneuvers then let me know (but no guarantee of implementation :P )

Have a nice week
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 9th, 2019 at 09:03.

Intimidate would be nice.

Intimidate skill vs 10+hd+wisdom modifier

Opposed charisma check would be nice (charm person etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Intimidate would be nice.

Intimidate skill vs 10+hd+wisdom modifier

Opposed charisma check would be nice (charm person etc)
    yes, that's exactly the idea, so I want to allow that any skill and ability roll can be typed into these two fields But your idea about using the hd for DCs is nice and I didn't think about that Thanks, I try to keep this in mind

3.3.9 update

Hi

In this post is now the version for 3.3.9 (EDIT: Nope, it is now in the main post ). Do not use it until 3.3.9 came out and rather wait for this FG update since I may reupload it, depending on whether there are updates in the 3.3.9 patch itself which also affect this extension The new version will be only in this post here, I will add it in my extension thread and in the main post here after 3.3.9 came out to avoid that people download the new version already while still being in 3.3.8. My combined packages with this extension are not updated yet, too. I mainly write this post to save already the description of the following new changes before I forget what I've added New features:
    • There is now automatic parsing of the spell level depending on in which spell level you drop the spell. The numbers will be parsed as words, thus, one, two, three... With that you can code globe of invulnerabilities, e.g. the lesser globe would be (when I am not mistaken the lesser globe blocks up to level three spells) IFTAG: one, two, three; SIMMUNE (this was already possible before, but now you do not have to add the numbers manually in the tags line)
    • (Improved) evasion will now be ignored when the PC or NPC has one of the following conditions as an effect: helpless, paralyzed, sleeping, unconscious, petrified, bound
    • There are now negated versions for IF, IFT and IFTAG: NIF, NIFT and NIFTAG, respectively. W.r.t. coding they work exactly as the ones with the N but the remainder of the effect is ignored when the conditions are met. This means that you can now e.g. code true seeing: Give the person who has true seeing e.g. the effect true (or anything else) and then the invisible persons get NIFT: CUSTOM(true); invisible Beware that they work also roughly as the operators without N when it is about performance, so don't overdo it Only use that when you need that for the combat (or test it before). But in 3.3.9 the performance of effects will be improved and therefore I didn't see any issues yet (for normal usages) And remember that only effects which can be targeted (having the (T) in the wiki) are affected by IFT and remember which effects can be combined with IFTAG because the same holds for NIFT and NIFTAG (but the bonus will always be applied, also without having a target or tag information, so the negation also takes this into account E.g. NIFT: healthy; ATK: -2 will always apply the -2, also without having a target, except when there is a target which has no wounds. I found this to be the most intuitive way to implement these operators).
    • The spell save view window is now a bit increased such that one can see the (H) when the damage is halved.
    • There are now new entries in the options for the cast action: screenshot0009.png These should be self-explaining: The ability box defines the attribute taken for the DC calculation. Its standard value will be given by the one defined in the spell class. But you can click on this new cycle button to change the ability just for that one spell (I am bad in the graphics editing, so this cycle box is now under "ON SAVE" instead in "SAVE". I try to change that later) At the bottom there is now a cycle button to change the behaviour about when the counter for Use/day will be resetted, after a long or short rest, or you define it as a consumable (no reset after any rest). The standard value for the reset button will be of course "Long Rest" (there is a "four" in the tags line because I dropped acid arrow in the fourth spell level )

Have fun
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 10th, 2019 at 02:21.

There are now negated versions for IF, IFT and IFTAG: NIF, NIFT and NIFTAG, respectively. W.r.t. coding they work exactly as the ones with the N but the remainder of the effect is ignored when the conditions are met. This means that you can now e.g. code true seeing: Give the person who has true seeing e.g. the effect true (or anything else) and then the invisible persons get NIFT: CUSTOM(true); invisible Beware that they work also roughly as the operators without N when it is about performance, so don't overdo it Only use that when you need that for the combat (or test it before). But in 3.3.9 the performance of effects will be improved and therefore I didn't see any issues yet (for normal usages) And remember that only effects which can be targeted (having the (T) in the wiki) are affected by IFT and remember which effects can be combined with IFTAG because the same holds for NIFT and NIFTAG (but the bonus will always be applied, also without having a target or tag information, so the negation also takes this into account E.g. NIFT: healthy; ATK: -2 will always apply the -2, also without having a target, except when there is a target which has no wounds. I found this to be the most intuitive way to implement these operators).
    And with this you have made me your loyal slave O_O

And with this you have made me your loyal slave O_O
    you're welcome

Thread Information