FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    It would be nice to have a double (x2) effect in the modifiers tool. I think that its more exciting to have the sporadic x2 to your roll, you are more likely to have max double damage instead of a mean balancing roll of multiple dice. More chaos, IMO is more fun.

Double damage is in fact the default rule to intentionally make for more swingy bosses with their high crit range. double die for more accurate swings is actually the optional rule.

That option needs to be available in the ruleset options window, alongside the optional crit hit/fumble options.

Does not make sense in the modifiers window as that is only for the next attack, and you do not know if your next attack is going to be a crit.

Hi, guys!
    Is there a way to set the critical hit/fumble to work in a 20 or 1 results only? Right now the critical is working on a +10 threshold...
    Also, is there a modifier to triple damage?
    I'm trying to implement the critical hit deck... those functionalities would fit nicely.
    thx!

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Is there a way to set the critical hit/fumble to work in a 20 or 1 results only? Right now the critical is working on a +10 threshold...
    That's RAW. You'd need to write an extension to handle something differently. There's a customer fCustomSetCriticalHit in manager_action_attack.lua that allows setting the critical hit state.

Also, is there a modifier to triple damage?
    Only directly on the PC weapon damage entry. There's also a new custom fCustomCriticalHit function in the manager_action_damage.lua script that returns nCritMult.

I'm trying to implement the critical hit deck... those functionalities would fit nicely.
    That's why the custom functions I mentioned above have been implemented - because I'm developing the official critical hit deck. The underlying functionality is developed, and one set of damage type data written. I need to do the other three damage types data and also develop custom tables for manual rolling, and documentation. But I'm concentrating on the Lost Omens Character Guide at the moment...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[QUOTE=Trenloe;457515]That's RAW. You'd need to write an extension to handle something differently. There's a customer fCustomSetCriticalHit in manager_action_attack.lua that allows setting the critical hit state.

For the critical deck purposes, the RAW is actually only on natural 20. However, an optional rule is to use those cards on every crit, if you want more chaos on your table.
    I guess i can handle it manually, just ignoring the table if there's no natural 20, but the triple damage will be tricky to handle since i have no coding expertise.
    An extra Critx3 modifier on modifiers tab would be a nice addon.

For the critical deck purposes, the RAW is actually only on natural 20.
    Yep, but I was referring to the RAW as implemented in the PFRPG2 ruleset, not taking into account optional add-ons. And, to be perfectly honest, the rules and options in the critical hit deck are all over the place (I know, I've had to code them)...

An extra Critx3 modifier on modifiers tab would be a nice addon.
    I only want to use the modifier window for commonly used modifiers. x3 is, to the best of my knowledge, only used in the critical hit deck - which is completely optional and the x3 will be covered in the official release of the critical hit deck.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is the criticial hit/fumble deck going to be cards and not dice? There is some real nasty stuff in there that really would not want the bad luck to roll again, be happy to leave it in the discard pile until everything is reshuffled.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Is the criticial hit/fumble deck going to be cards and not dice? There is some real nasty stuff in there that really would not want the bad luck to roll again, be happy to leave it in the discard pile until everything is reshuffled.
    It's not going to be cards, because there's really no need for it. There are no nice images, no "hand" or dealing functionality, or anything really that makes it actual cards functionality. There's also nothing in the rules within the critical hit deck that say use discards then shuffle, etc.. But, of course, it's nice for the user to have options.

It will have two different ways of using it:
    1. Automated as part of the critical roll. This will randomly select data from all possible results for the main damage type. There's no way to exclude any specific result from this. If you don't like what is selected, then "roll" again.
    2. Manual via FG tables. This will allow you more control - roll again, ignore results, etc.. If you want to treat it more like a deck of cards then you can use the Basic Card Tables Extension to simulate this.

if that extension converts any dice table to a cards table that will do the trick.

There are roll for death cards in there.....

Appologies for the Necro, but I was searching through the logs to see if this was implemented/fixed the critical failure, failure, success and critical success system.
    If not how you guys are proceeding during the combat tracker?

Thread Information