STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    TBH..i wouldn't know, i haven't looked at his "mastercaster", or checked out his module yet, judge for yourself.
    Last edited by Alex Craft; September 23rd, 2019 at 07:03.
    Alioops77

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    How does yours differ from ShadeRavens MasterCaster?
    yarnevk,

For starters, he uses some clever tagging that I think is quite informative. Beyond that, he went through the entire spell catalogue and finished it entirely! A lot can be said for that. I use some different conventions for how I handle various effects, but without digging too deep into his, it looks very good and complete (even if I would handle some things differently).

I'd certainly say it covers some gaps that I haven't applied, at the very least!

EDIT: I should also note that I only dealt with spells that had effects (saves, damages, effects) that needed to be applied, including the up-cast versions. So I didn't put in the all the levels of Detect Magic, for instance. Alex broke everything out with the tagging, etc. He definitely put in the time on this one!
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; September 21st, 2019 at 21:04.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

TY, it did took some time to do it and did a lot of clean up on the text spacing in the effects box of the spells and did add a few info and some little tips in there myself to help others a bit

EDIT: and yes, i went all out with every spell, left no stones unturned
    Last edited by Alex Craft; September 21st, 2019 at 21:43.
    Alioops77

This spell effects mod is just amazing. I don't even want to think about how much time this mod will save me. If this were out in the world somewhere, I'd buy you a beer. Thanks so much.

I'm getting ready to run my first PF2 game using Fantasy Grounds. Are there any Fantasy Grounds College videos for PF2? I found some stuff from the playtest. Is it still applicable?
    Last edited by JadeKraken; November 18th, 2019 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    I found some stuff from the playtest. Is it still applicable?
    It's still about 90% applicable.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, I've been buying physical copies of the books from my FLGS (gotta support the local guy), so buying the ruleset and adventure (FoP) again at full price hurts a bit. How much is having the PF2 core rule set necessary to running the game on FG?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    How much is having the PF2 core rule set necessary to running the game on FG?
    I'd say it's pretty vital. It'll save you a lot of time. However, you can enter the required data manually, but it will slow things down a lot. It's basically down to how much your time is worth to you - spend a lot of time entering data in manually but save the cost of the FG modules, or gain a faster and more convenient experience by purchasing the DLC. You'll also be supporting SmiteWorks and the community devs by purchasing the PF2 DLC that they spend hundreds of hours developing for your convenience...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And Trenloe should know. He's the developer of most of it. As a GM for PF2 myself, I would say that unless you have no job and a lot of time to waste, the material that is applicable to your game is a REQUIREMENT. That is, if you aren't doing the Adventure Path, you could do without those materials, but you must have (again, IMO), the CRB and, when available, the Bestiary (the community modules are pretty darn good in the interim). The Lost Omens World Guide is also extremely good if you intend to employ any of that material.

When doing the APG classes, being new to working at inputting data, probably took me 4-5 hours per class. And they're less extensive than the full release classes. The CRB also has tons more info in skills, feats, spells, ancestries, etc that would take even more time. I wouldn't think of trying that much info without a parser.
    Last edited by kaernunnos; November 24th, 2019 at 06:09.

Thread Information