DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[2LVL] in effect not working

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I assume that this type of processing is game-system specific and the issue is in a Pathfinder Remastered campaign.

I am trying to add the effect for Kineticist Deflecting Wave feat (provides resistance equal to PC level for bludgeoning/slashing and twice PC level for acid/fire). I coded the effect as:

Code:
    Deflecting Wave; RESIST: [LVL] bludgeoning; RESIST: [LVL] slashing; RESIST: [2LVL] acid; RESIST: [2LVL] fire
    When added to the combat tracker for a level 1 Kineticist, it yields:

Code:
    Deflecting Wave; RESIST: 1 bludgeoning; RESIST: 1 slashing; RESIST: [2LVL] acid; RESIST: [2LVL] fire
    From my understanding, the computation is done as the effect is being added to the combat tracker, so this will not work correctly when the damage is applied.

This has been discussed recently in the Release 19 thread. The issue is when there is something after the [2LVL]. I'll get this fixed in a future release. In the meantime, as a workaround, use [2LVL], fire - i.e. put a comma after the ].
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The issue is when there is something after the [2LVL]. I'll get this fixed in a future release.
    It probably won't get fixed in a future release. The best "fix" would break data with a space - e.g. cold iron damage types. So the syntax going forward will require a comma.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Or maybe it will...

Issue with extra effect data after [xLVL] entries has been fixed: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...uary-23rd-2024

It was deep within a complex regular expression - but the fix is pretty risk free for existing effects, so I got it updated today.

Thread Information