STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Thread: SR Bestiary

Thanks for all this excellent work. Very much.

I think I found a small typo. The effect on the Action tab for the Jinkin (Gremlin) has his extra precision damage as 1d4, and it should be 1d6.

Thanks, Trennik I'll head in there to check that out.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I'm completely new to this, so I may be doing something wrong but I can't get this Bestiary to show up in my modules. I put the (SR-U) Bestiary.mod file in my Modules folder for FGU. I've restarted several times and I've run the update several times but nothing results in the Bestiary module becoming available for me. Any suggestions? (I've checked for it in the Modules button when FGU loads and in the Library tab after FGU loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrolator View Post
    I'm completely new to this, so I may be doing something wrong but I can't get this Bestiary to show up in my modules. I put the (SR-U) Bestiary.mod file in my Modules folder for FGU. I've restarted several times and I've run the update several times but nothing results in the Bestiary module becoming available for me. Any suggestions? (I've checked for it in the Modules button when FGU loads and in the Library tab after FGU loads.
    The filename is "(SR-U) Bestiary" but the module name within FG is still "(SR) Bestiary".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I should just change the in-game module name to SR-U because leaving it as SR has seemed to cause more confusion than I intended.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The filename is "(SR-U) Bestiary" but the module name within FG is still "(SR) Bestiary".
    It doesn't show up in the module list as "(SR) Bestiary" or "(SR-U) Bestiary." The only Bestiary that I see is the Pathfinder Playtest Bestiary which I'm not loading. I'm very confused.

It doesn't show up in the module list as "(SR) Bestiary" or "(SR-U) Bestiary." The only Bestiary that I see is the Pathfinder Playtest Bestiary which I'm not loading. I'm very confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I should just change the in-game module name to SR-U because leaving it as SR has seemed to cause more confusion than I intended.
    ShadeRaven, I think that the module simply isn't loading into FGU for me at all and I can't figure out why.

Cere: That's a bit confusing, huh? I hate to go through the obvious steps first, but it's really important to make sure that your data directory is the correct one for Unity. If you aren't 100% sure, you can go into Settings from the initial screen, then go to Advanced Tab in the FGUpdaterEngine window and double-check that your Data Directory for FG Unity is indeed where you expect it to be. It's also important that this Data Directory is different that the one you use for Classic.

So if that looks correct.. if you see your data directory's modules subdirectory is the target directory where you placed the (SR-U) Bestiary.mod, then I am honestly not sure what is going on. You are in a bit of a minority here because others have had it work for them, myself included. I don't mind hopping out in discord, even doing screensharing to help you through this when I am free and you can't sort it out, though, so let me know if this persists and we can maybe set up a time to do some investigation work.

Otherwise, I hope you figure it out here and report the good news before it comes to that!

ShadeRaven, I think that the module simply isn't loading into FGU for me at all and I can't figure out why.
    What channel are you running in FGU - live or test?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information