DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Thread: SR Bestiary

SR Bestiary (v15.0)

These are the actual second edition creatures in full, as complete and useful as possible, including adding special features in the spell tab to deal with things like persistent damage, grabbed, and aura effects.

Current Version: 15.0
    Notes: For now, all creatures (plus a few odd additions for various reasons) with a rating of 15 or less are in the module. We'll add all the Creature 16 next, etc.

Keep in mind, this is just to get us to the official bestiary and as Trenloe improves the ruleset, some of what's in this may not necessarily transition with it. That said, at the time I am releasing each version, it will be as useful as possible in the current iteration of the code.

(SR) Bestiary for Pathfinder Second Edition: (SR) Bestiary.mod.
    (SR-U) Bestiary for Pathfinder Second Edition in Unity: (SR-U) Bestiary.mod.

A few notes about this for people giving it a shot:
    • Creatures are accurate from the Second Edition Bestiary. That said, some probably have been changed since first print. I'll update as I discover these, but if I miss something, please feel free to inform me.
    • Afflictions that come with creatures are included. This inclused disease, poisons, and curses.
    • New Items come with some creatures and are included, too.
    • Traps that are new in the Bestiary are also included.
    • Finally, and maybe most signficant, I make heavy use of the SPELLS tab for creatures. Any power that I think can benefit from some automation that the Spells Tab is capable of, I try to use. As always, suggestions for more is always welcome.

As always, any reported errors or useful comments are welcome.

Special thanks to Zodiac107 (CR5s and a few others) for contributing to this and to darrenan for making a parser that at least allows me to get the core started to every creature (it has worked great from CR8 on)! And of course to Trenloe, damned, and the rest of Smiteworks that make the whole project possible, not to mention the good people at Paizo that give us material worth putting the effort to.

PS: Just as an aside, this will not include things like artwork, colorful tokens, etc., for obvious reasons. I did not include a reference manual and rules for various abilities are included only on the creatures themselves as needed. It's information as allowed by the OGL (included in the story section) and kept mostly to just getting us some creatures to use for now until the fully fleshed out Bestiary is released. Still, I hope some find it useful and enjoy!

PSS: As I begin to tackle some of the more complicated creatures as these Creature ratings go up, I am trying to refine some of the properties and automation that can be handled via the spells tab. Please feel free to comment or suggest. I have always the willing ear.

Succubus, for example, has a lot of special feature. The goal is to have simple "click" or "drag-n-drop" uses for various powers and abilities in hopes of keeping track of things like her Embrace vs. her Passionate Kiss (and the possible suggestion to have it last). I've been also trying to add stages to various poisons, with their duration timers, to help keep track of those as well.

To be clear, Trenloe and I are working hard towards a day when some of this will be automated so that some of what I am doing will become irrelevant. Until that day comes, though, I am happy to contribute by making this Bestiary as useful as possible. So all input (here or through PM) is welcome.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; April 9th, 2020 at 18:21.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Updated to version 0.0 (added all Creature 0 to the mod).
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Big update as I added all the Creature 1 monsters into the module. There were quite a few of them, let me tell you!

As always, any mistakes (I have caught some on the way, so only the most current file reporting is necessary) or input is always appreciated!

Thanks I will check it out!

How does this get installed? New FG user here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    How does this get installed? New FG user here.
    Download it and add it to the \modules folder under your Fantasy Grounds data folder.
    Same place you look to delete campaigns.

Okay, that's a good question.. I'll try to explain here and put a note in the initial post, too.

First, there are probably places people have explained this process, and better than I will right here, in these forums before. Also, I am going to be explaining this as a Windows user. Apple/Mac computers will probably have the same process, but getting to the folders will be different unless you use my in-game technique.

The key to adding anything to Fantasy Grounds is reaching the AppData folder. There are a few way to do this. You can go to the File Search function in the File Explorer, for example, but honestly, the easiest way to find the AppData folder is to go into FG itself and go to either Tokens (then click on GM or Shared) or Images & Maps (then click on Folder). This will take you right into the data areas of Fantasy Grounds. You'll be in one of the sub-folders of FG, so you'll want to go to the root directory (in windows, typically ...AppData > Roaming > Fantasy Grounds). Within that room directory, you'll see a folder called modules. Open that, and you'll be where you need to be. From there, simply drag and drop my (SR) Bestiary.mod file into there and you're set. Next time you start FG, you'll have a new module you can LOAD in the Library -> Modules section of the game (just like you'd do to open up the rulebooks, etc.).

Man, I hope that made some sort of sense

Excellent.

I figured out where the root folders are and your responses are what I needed > thank you!

Found where campaigns are. This is a silly question but if i want to use the art or assets (portraits/images) of one campaign with a new one, would it be faster to start the new campaign, then go into that folder and copy/paste the assets into the new campaign folders?

I noticed i have some extensions in my extensions folder. There are 'four theme extensions. Not sure if they will work with the PF2 but is there a way to enable them so i can see how they look? I answered my own question. I have to have an extension that works with the rules set. I see that these theme extensions work with most of the rule sets already built into FG but there is currently nothing for the new P2 rules.
    Last edited by Larsenex; August 4th, 2019 at 14:47.

This is great, Im working on a similar project until the Bestiary book is released. Ill update with a merged .mod. Itīs not as polished as your, but it will serve as a passable base until the Bestiary is released.

EDIT* Reuploaded, the initiative values should be correct now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zodiac107; August 4th, 2019 at 15:24. Reason: Added the merged mod

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac107 View Post
    This is great, Im working on a similar project until the Bestiary book is released. Ill update with a merged .mod. Itīs not as polished as your, but it will serve as a passable base until the Bestiary is released.
    Very nice, Zodiac! Every bit of information added is terrific.

Thread Information