STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Building new characters

When I'm building a character inside FG. There is a part listing feats for class, level, etc. And they are drop down boxes. But they are always empty, and pinkish color... sort of like when you are filling out a form and it's missing some information.

Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    When I'm building a character inside FG. There is a part listing feats for class, level, etc. And they are drop down boxes. But they are always empty, and pinkish color... sort of like when you are filling out a form and it's missing some information.

Am I doing something wrong?
    These will only display data if you have any feats entered into your system - either manually entering Feat campaign data, or purchasing and opening the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules FG product.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay. I bought the Fantasy Grounds core book for PF2.
    I guess my question was whether I had not entered in required info onto my character sheets, since the drop downs are empty and highlighted a pink color.
    And it seems the answer is yes, I failed to enter something in correctly.
    Now I just need to figure out how.

Follow the steps highlighted in the chargen tracker - steps 1 to 4.

Also some of the videos linked in this thread might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ventures-times
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, there are videos. Good. I've tried using the tracker. And I just can't seem to get it right. A tutorial will definitely help. Thanks.

PF2 - Goblin Ancestry puts all 3 goblin types on character

When you select Goblin as your class, it places all 3 of the goblin types into the Rules & abilities section of the abilities tab. There should only ever be one of these sub races selected.

If possible it would be nice to be given an option box for the type of goblin selected.

Steps to reproduce
    1) Create a new character.
    2) Click on the Ancestry button.
    3) Select "Goblin

click on the ability tab to see all 3 subclass.

PF2 - Total Skills available (Counter) - Feature request.

When the user selects the "Skills" tab of the character sheet, they are presented with a number of skills. It would be nice if there was a box stating how many skills you have added, and a count of how many skills you have left to select.

I know you have allot on your plate, so this one can wait..

PF2 - Invested items equip count. - Feature Request.

Pathfinder 2 limits the number of magic items a user can equip at any given time to 10 (12 with a feat). It would be nice if on the Inventory sheet of the character it would state how many "Invested" items the person has equipped. As nobody should be able to get high enough for a while, this feature request is a low priority..

PF2 - Armor and Weapon Proficiency tracking

Last one tonight.. I promise...

In pathfinder second edition, characters can have proficiency in the following (Ranging from Untrained to legendary).
    1) Unarmored
    2) Light Armor
    3) Medium Armor
    4) Heavy Armor
    5) Simple Weapon
    6) Martial Weapon
    7) Other Weapon (NAME)
    The current character sheet does not provide for a place for these stats to easily be tracked by the user

WORKAROUND:
    Till such time where this is available, I personally have been tracking each of these proficiency on the Skills tab as "~Armor - Light" or "~Weapon - Simple" and setting the proficiency level.

Hey Stadlerc, good to see another willing to annoy Trenloe with constant feedback and request :P

There's a legacy field for tracking proficiency already on character sheets. On the Abilities tab, lower left, there's a box there where those categories get added. It's just text, and doesn't have the nice little toggle box to show the current level (your workaround certain offers a nice way to do that). Then it's just a matter of making sure the appropriate fields in the combat section or actions tab are set to the appropriate level for that category.

I am almost 100% certain that on his massive to-do and/or wish list, Tren has already planned to update those placeholders and more at some point. Right now, I am just not sure it's that high on the list of necessities.

Still, I am even more certain he wants the feedback and input.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information