STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starting as a new user. Do I need any DLC? > Pathfinder 2E

Greetings FG Forum folks,

With the Ultimate licence will I need anything else to run a Pathfinder 2E campaign?

Which forums or better yet you tube videos can you suggest to get me a new user up to speed on how to use and build a world (Pathfinder 2e ruleset)?

Are there macros or scripts which (you all think) I need to learn or how to write, or are they likely available from veteran users on another forum?

Sorry for so many basic questions. I am both diving into the 2E ruleset and also wanting to learn and eventually master using FG.

Thanks.

Whether you need anything other than the ruleset which comes with the license will depend on how much information you have time to input yourself. You don’t get any content such as handbooks, bestiaries etc those are separate purchases.

I don’t think there are any extensions as yet for PFRPG2, but if you are new to the software i’d Suggest you don’t use extensions until you are familiar with how it should work.

You’ll get a lot more detail on the PFRPG forum below.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

The ruleset is enough if you don't mind doing quite a bit of manual typing to set up spells and effects, the books simply give you access to things all written out, saving you time.

I would rather cut off body parts. Unless you only want to enter exactly what you are using, the rulebook is 640 pages! Good luck with that! Whereas with the ruleset and CRB purchased, you can make up characters quite liberally.

The Core Rules have over 400 spells, over 800 feats, over 1,000 magic items... Plus ancestries, classes, backgrounds, weapons, armor, shields, etc.. And a fully formatted reference manual. Sure, you can enter them all in manually (I specifically made the ruleset so you can enter in all drag/drop data), although the reference manual would require additional tools or manual coding. It took me well over 200 hours to do all the data entry, plus @damned a similar amount of time for the reference manual, and that was with access to the original text from Paizo (copy/paste of the PDF text is not 100% accurate and/or requires manual formatting) and in-house FG parsing tools.

In the end, it all depends on how valuable your free time is to you. If you want to save money and you have lots of free time, then enter the data manually. Otherwise, to be perfectly frank, if you're doing anything other than tinkering you'd be nuts to enter the data yourself! Or, maybe more accurately, you'll be nuts after spending a few hours entering data - that's certainly what I felt a few times!!!
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 3rd, 2019 at 18:45.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I purchased the Core rule book here.
    love it. Thank you for your hard work Trenloe.

if the boom is opened as a module..then all its contents are in my FG, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    if the boom is opened as a module..then all its contents are in my FG, right?
    Yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Since PF2 is a new game, I strongly encourage people to consider not buying the hard covers. I mean if you buy it in FG, then you have everything. It's FG ready, it's in FG as a Reference Manual, and you get the PDF free.

I've done this with 5E. Don't have a single hard cover. Not been a problem for me.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordE, I got the hard covers first and realized I want the core books in FG. I paid full price > 5999 for the FG crb, would I still get the pdf? Where is it?

Last edited by Trenloe; August 3rd, 2019 at 20:15.

Thread Information