STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 46 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    So Mr Trenloe. Paizo just had their big announcement today. And i bet you must be cursing the gods for literally how much they have coming in the next year. :rofl: tell me, how do you feel about that?

The champion has references to deity weapons and bonus deity skills. I would guess clerics have similar things but have messed with them. It's extremely difficult to locate information on deities in FG. Have to hunt for them in the reference manual. Is there a chance of getting a list or link to them for character creation?

I can roll Initiative and combat from the respective character sheet tabs, but they don't seem to be communicating with the Combat Tracker. Characters I create show up in the Tracker without weapons (I have them marked equipped in the Actions tab under Preparation and Combat) and have +0 Initiative values (they should both have +6). When I click on the initiative button in the Tracker (just says 0) to see if I can change it manually it I get the message:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1123: attempt to index local 'sSkill' (a nil value)

Just to reiterate in a more concise way, weapons and initiative work when I roll straight from the character sheet but don't populate the Tracker. However, Initiatives rolled straight from the character sheet DO update the Initiative values in the Tracker itself.
    Last edited by Vaeron; August 4th, 2019 at 05:47.

Vaeron, that's interesting because I never thought to try it. In general, I believe the expectation is that things like weapon attacks, initiative, saves, etc., get rolled from character sheets. Those fields are there to make the DM's job easier when it comes to acting out creature (NPC) actions.

Regardless, though, I am sure Trenloe doesn't want error messages to come up when they are clicked on, even if there's no intention of having them filled from the character sheet.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    The champion has references to deity weapons and bonus deity skills. I would guess clerics have similar things but have messed with them. It's extremely difficult to locate information on deities in FG. Have to hunt for them in the reference manual. Is there a chance of getting a list or link to them for character creation?
    Yeah, it is difficult at present. The only place Paizo gave that info is in Chapter 8 -> Religion. View that info in the reference manual.

We plan to go through the data and replace the "see page XX" entries with links to a relevant section. Logged as CR2.006 in the issue tracker. So this should help in the long run. In the meantime, please access via the reference manual entry mentioned above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeron View Post
    I can roll Initiative and combat from the respective character sheet tabs, but they don't seem to be communicating with the Combat Tracker. Characters I create show up in the Tracker without weapons (I have them marked equipped in the Actions tab under Preparation and Combat) and have +0 Initiative values (they should both have +6). When I click on the initiative button in the Tracker (just says 0) to see if I can change it manually it I get the message:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1123: attempt to index local 'sSkill' (a nil value)

Just to reiterate in a more concise way, weapons and initiative work when I roll straight from the character sheet but don't populate the Tracker. However, Initiatives rolled straight from the character sheet DO update the Initiative values in the Tracker itself.
    Thanks for reporting the error. This will occur until a future update adds the ability to specify the skill to use to roll for initiative in the combat tracker. Logged as issue CR2.018, I'll default that field to use the PC Perception for now.

So let me expand on how this all operates.

1) PC attacks have never shown in the combat tracker for previous ruleset and that won't change for PFRPG2 - the data is way too complex to display simply in the combat tracker. Hence why there is not an "Atk" entry for PCs. Attack entries in the combat tracker are limited to NPC. GMs will rarely need to roll PC attacks. But if they do, they can open the PC sheet (link on the CT) and roll from there.
    2) Initiative rolls from the PC sheet will only operate fully if rolled from the "Initiative" section of the main tab. Currently this covers just perception and stealth - but you have to roll from this section on the main tab, otherwise FG won't know that the "skill" roll is actually an initiative roll. As mentioned above, there will be future functionality to allow other skills to be used for initiative.
    3) If you need to use other skills for initiative, have the players roll their skill checks (with any modifiers for Initiative checks added to the modifier box before rolling). Then the GM can manually add their roll results from the chat window to the main "Init" box (to the right of their name, to the left of the HP box) in the PC combat tracker entry - just click on the number field and type in the init value required. I know this is a bit of a pain, especially with lots of PCs, but the amount of times that you don't use perception or stealth for initiative is low, and you only have to do this once per combat.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 4th, 2019 at 16:50.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by shadelon View Post
    So Mr Trenloe. Paizo just had their big announcement today. And i bet you must be cursing the gods for literally how much they have coming in the next year. :rofl: tell me, how do you feel about that?
    Yeah, we've seen the pipeline for a while. Once we get over the initial hump of Core Rules, ruleset, Bestiary, Lost Omens World Guide, etc. then we should be good. It's just going to be a bit crazy for a while. I'm excited - kind-of...

Reference Module
    The wizard kit has a "sta" as a weapon instead of a staff.

Equipment
    I am pretty certain that Torches are L per torch, not L for 10. Mark has already clarified that an adventurer's kit should be 1 Bulk and if you don't count each torch as L an adventuer's kit comes to 6L instead of 1B.
    Regardless of waiting for an official paizo response it means that the adventurer's kit effectively has three listed weights in FG atm :P

Waterskin their description states that when full they are 1 B, not necessarily a mistake but "waterskin (empty)" and "waterskin (full)" might be worth listing.

Also, all of the weights and costs for the class kits are off, but that isn't a FG issue. But might be something worth considering when implementing them so users of FG don't get confused.

PS. Goodluck Trenloe, this is a big job ahead of you O.o
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; August 4th, 2019 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Reference Module
    The wizard kit has a "sta" as a weapon instead of a staff.
    CR2.026. Fixed in next release.

Equipment
    I am pretty certain that Torches are L per torch, not L for 10.
    CR2.027. Fixed in next release.

Mark has already clarified that an adventurer's kit should be 1 Bulk and if you don't count each torch as L an adventuer's kit comes to 6L instead of 1B.
    Regardless of waiting for an official paizo response it means that the adventurer's kit effectively has three listed weights in FG atm :P
    Logged as CR2.029. We'll wait for an official Paizo response on this.

Waterskin their description states that when full they are 1 B, not necessarily a mistake but "waterskin (empty)" and "waterskin (full)" might be worth listing.
    Good idea. Logged as CR2.028. Added to next release.

Also, all of the weights and costs for the class kits are off, but that isn't a FG issue. But might be something worth considering when implementing them so users of FG don't get confused.
    Logged as CR2.010.

PS. Goodluck Trenloe, this is a big job ahead of you O.o
    Thanks! There is a lot to do. But with the help of the community we'll get there!

Bit of a muddy one here...

There are a lot of spells that work "until end of next turn" and "until start of next turn". It looks like the default is the start of next turn. I don't see anything that lets us extend that feature until the end of a turn cycle instead.

Now to make things a little worse, I also found in testing that if two creatures have the same initiative score, an effect that's set to end at the start of the next turn will end at the first instance of that initiative point. An example is if an orc warchief did a battle cry at initiative 16 and an orc scout was also at initiative 16 but in front of them on the CT, the scout wouldn't get the battle cry boost because it ended at the start of that initiative # with the scout.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information