Page 26 of 30 First ... 162425262728 ... Last
  1. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for reporting. I'll look to queue up a fix soon.

    In the meantime, as a work around - open the skill description window (click the link, don't drag it) then you can drag the link from the top left of the description window to wherever you were trying to drag it from the Skills tab.
    Sounds good, thanks for the updates and all your hard work in this!

  2. #252
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by hehaub View Post
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllink.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'draginfo' (a number value)
    When trying to drag a skill from the character sheet.
    I may be able to add here something:

    This error is common, you also have this in 3.5e It is not possible to drag&drop skill links directly from the character sheet, I am not sure why but probably because the skill descriptions in the character sheet are not copies of the skill descriptions (so this does not work like with items, feats etc. coming from the library). Instead: When you click on the skill pin in the character sheet then FG goes into the skill library and searches for an entry with the same name and then shows its description by opening the entry directly from the library. That's probably the reason why you can't drag&drop the skill description directly from the character sheet because it's just a "mirror" of the original entry (created every time when clicking on it; I mean the original entry in the library will be opened directly) and not really a permanent copy, so no data "to grasp" from within the character sheet because there is no skill description stored

    (For example: When you first open the skill description directly from the library and then from the character sheet then no second window will be opened, instead the first one will be pushed. Or, when it is a description coming from an official module, such that the skill description can not be edited, then you can also not edit it in the character sheet. These prove that the entries in the sheet are not copies but rather a direct link to the library and therefore a direct drag&drop from the sheet produces this error)

    But only assumptions so far, I may be wrong

    I suspect something similar in PF2?
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 27th, 2019 at 13:17.

  3. #253
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I may be able to add here something:

    This error is common, you also have this in 3.5e...
    The PFRPG2 ruleset is based on 3.5E (last years version) so it will share common issues.

    The issue is in the code, as a link is a link and should be dragable.

    The function header was: function onDragStart(draginfo) which is incorrect - see the API reference here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...cp#onDragStart

    There was also another issue in the code, once the function header was corrected.

    This code now works fine - changes highlighted in bold:

    Code:
    function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
    	local v = getSkillDescNode();
    	if v then
    		draginfo.setType("shortcut");
    		draginfo.setIcon("button_link");
    		draginfo.setShortcutData("referenceskill", v.getNodeName());
    		draginfo.setDescription(window.label.getValue());
    		return true;
    	end
    	return false;
    end
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 24th to Sunday April 26th, 2020
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #254
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The PFRPG2 ruleset is based on 3.5E (last years version) so it will share common issues.

    The issue is in the code, as a link is a link and should be dragable.

    The function header was: function onDragStart(draginfo) which is incorrect - see the API reference here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...cp#onDragStart

    There was also another issue in the code, once the function header was corrected.

    This code now works fine - changes highlighted in bold:

    Code:
    function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
        local v = getSkillDescNode();
        if v then
            draginfo.setType("shortcut");
            draginfo.setIcon("button_link");
            draginfo.setShortcutData("referenceskill", v.getNodeName());
            draginfo.setDescription(window.label.getValue());
            return true;
        end
        return false;
    end
    Ahhh, cool, thanks for the insight I learned something now Never looked at the drag&drop code yet (thus, I only could guess the issue) and therefore very interesting for me what you're writing (also because I wanted to look at this Drag&drop stuff once I have time)

    EDIT: And thanks for the link, now I will read through this

  5. #255
    Not sure if a bug, or intended to be added manually, but noticed while creating a Ranger that the level 3 class feature IRON WILL didn't increase Will Save proficiency from Trained to Expert. Was it missed due to the parsing issues, or are class features planned for a future update? Thanks.

  6. #256
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    Not sure if a bug, or intended to be added manually, but noticed while creating a Ranger that the level 3 class feature IRON WILL didn't increase Will Save proficiency from Trained to Expert. Was it missed due to the parsing issues, or are class features planned for a future update? Thanks.
    There is currently no automation when adding class abilities or feats.

    The base class save proficiency ranks are added when the class is added at level 1, but any changes after that need to be done manually.

    for the future? See the info about experimental functionality here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mber-26th-2019
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 24th to Sunday April 26th, 2020
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #257
    Hi there Trenloe,

    I don't know whether you will try to implement it and I know you have a lot of things to do, but, do you think you could add in the Party Sheet (Skills Tab) the proficiency level of each skill? It is a suggestion. I think it would be useful.



    party sheet.jpg

  8. #258
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    Hi there Trenloe,

    I don't know whether you will try to implement it and I know you have a lot of things to do, but, do you think you could add in the Party Sheet (Skills Tab) the proficiency level of each skill? It is a suggestion. I think it would be useful.



    party sheet.jpg
    That's really going to overload that window with too much information. Unless there's some easy, small, graphical representation that could be used. Maybe 0-4 dots at the bottom of the bonus field or something like that.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 24th to Sunday April 26th, 2020
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  9. #259
    Yes, it could overload it, but, I don't know, maybe something like this:


    party sheet2.jpg

  10. #260
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    Yes, it could overload it, but, I don't know, maybe something like this:


    party sheet2.jpg
    That line would have to be duplicated for each PC - adding about 20-25% in vertical space used for each PC.

    Having an indicator is a good idea, as it would be handy for the GM to know the proficiency of some skills, so that minimum proficiency rank checks could be made (manually by the GM just asking the players to make checks for certain PCs), but I don't want to overload the Party Sheet window. I'll look into some form of visual indicator on the bottom of the skill bonus control - maybe similar to the "check" boxes on Paizo character sheets, with boxes filled in to indicate proficiency level, or maybe little letters. I'll see what might work... But it'll be a while yet.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 7th, 2019 at 17:51.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 24th to Sunday April 26th, 2020
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in