DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 46 First ... 14222324252634 ... Last
    It's up to you how to track the total XP and decide when to level up (subtract the amount needed to level, leave the running total, etc.). As there are different levelling speeds (slow, standard and fast - page 509) it's not always 1,000xp for every campaign. Keep in mind that all of this is just for manual tracking - FG doesn't do anything when a PC hits a new level milestone, it's up to the player to realise and manually level (drag the class entry to the PC sheet or the chargen tracker). Most players that I know keep a sharp eye on their XP and it's rare for them to not realise when they have enough to level!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First off Trenloe great job on the updates.

I was wondering if you planned to do the same thing for class choices that you did with the heritages in the latest update where you pick the one you want. For example, when I choose Wizard as my class it adds all the schools/theories and we have to delete all the ones we don't want. Same with the rangers Hunters Fury, Rouges Racket, Sorcerer's bloodline, ect?

Quote Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
    I was wondering if you planned to do the same thing for class choices that you did with the heritages in the latest update where you pick the one you want.
    Yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe. My group and I have been running a campaign since August, and I have a question about upcoming combat automation changes:

Our bard uses Inspire Courage on almost every turn, but it becomes a pain for the players to remember to add their +1 with every attack and damage roll. One solution is to drill it into their heads to manually add +1 to the roll modifier, but being the +1 police drags down the fun factor a little bit. I was wondering if buff spells like Inspire Courage are going to be automated down the line? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Xillion View Post
    Our bard uses Inspire Courage on almost every turn, but it becomes a pain for the players to remember to add their +1 with every attack and damage roll. One solution is to drill it into their heads to manually add +1 to the roll modifier, but being the +1 police drags down the fun factor a little bit. I was wondering if buff spells like Inspire Courage are going to be automated down the line? Thank you
    Anything like this is done through effects. And you can do this right now. Have a look at the ATK and DMG modifier effects in the PFRPG2 Effects Wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillion View Post
    Our bard uses Inspire Courage on almost every turn, but it becomes a pain for the players to remember to add their +1 with every attack and damage roll. One solution is to drill it into their heads to manually add +1 to the roll modifier, but being the +1 police drags down the fun factor a little bit.
    This is how I'd set it up.

Add an "Effect" action to the spell in the bard's actions tab. Right-click on the Inspire Courage spell and select Add Spell Action -> Add Effect. Click the magnifying glass to the right of the new effect line that's been added and enter: ATK: 1 status; DMG: 1 status; SAVE: 1, fear and make the duration 1 round.

then, when the bard casts Inspire Courage, the player can select all allies (Friendly characters in FG terms) within range (either manually or by clicking the "Target all friendly units" button in the image toolbar) and then clicking the effect button to the left of the new effect you've just created. This will apply that effect in the combat tracker to all targeted creatures for a duration of 1 round.

It sounds like you've never really used effects before. There are a few videos in the Wiki regarding effects. Not necessarily specific to PF2, but the process is similar between a lot of FG rulesets - look for videos from 3.5E of PF1 and it'll be 99% the same as the PFRPG2 ruleset.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Small typo.

Reference manual and Backgrounds window.

Backgrounds - Entertainer
    Current Description - "hrough an education in the arts..."

I suspect it should be "Through an education in the arts..."
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Unbreakable Ancestry for Goblin didn't update the HP to 10 from 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoryl View Post
    Unbreakable Ancestry for Goblin didn't update the HP to 10 from 6.
    Abilities need to have their functionally applied manually.

See here for more info on this specific ability: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eakable-Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
    Small typo.

Reference manual and Backgrounds window.

Backgrounds - Entertainer
    Current Description - "hrough an education in the arts..."

I suspect it should be "Through an education in the arts..."
    Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.057.

Thread Information